“Method and Details for Creation of a Spectacular Brilliant Light Flash Potentially Resulting from Hydrino Formation” (BLP Replication Effort)

• Official Post

[feedquote='E-Cat World','http://www.e-catworld.com/2016/07/21/method-and-details-for-creation-of-a-spectacular-brilliant-light-flash-potentially-resulting-from-hydrino-formation-blp-replication-effort/']On the Facebook LENR, Cold Fusion and Andrea Rossi page, a poster named Simon Brink, an Australian engineer, has provided a link to a document he has published in which he attempts a replication of the Brilliant Light Power method. The report by Simon Brink, published in the Journal of Advances in Physics, is titled […][/feedquote]

• Ug. Published in Journal of Advances in Physics, a CIR journal. See https://scholarlyoa.com/2014/0…-for-innovative-research/ .

That does not mean that the article itself is bogus or bad. It simply means that the fact of publication means almost nothing.

The conclusions in the article are not well supported, but speculative.

The pulse discharge was created by charging 4,700uF 16V high speed capacitors in parallel and releasing the pulse through an approx. 2mm x 2mm x 2mm cube of the powder. Charging was done with 20V from a transformer connected to mains power, then disconnected. Capacitors were charged to around 14V. High current Schottky transistors were used to trigger the pulse release, but some small amount of mechanical stimulation was also generally required, (i.e. a light tap with an insulated pole). Electrical brass screw connectors were used as the principle conductors. Theoretical pulse time was calculated as approximately 1/2000 of a second.

There is no actual measurement of current (stated as a "theoretical maximum of 20,000 amps), nor actual pulse width (stated as a theoretical value of 0.5 msec). In Phase 2, there were 100 capacitors. 14 volts at 20 kA would be 280 kW. No controls or other confirming facts are noted, and there is no estimate of released energy (other than an estimate of 6.6 joules for input power). The weight of the powder is not given

This is a sketchy report of two experiments, with no indication of anything actually remarkable. Fun, yes! BANG!

added:

From the ecatworld announcement:

Interestingly, Simon states that he has received from BLP threats of legal action because of his work: “Cease and desist notices. IP infringement”

Oh, that is hilarious, and, if true, would indicate what we already suspect, terminal assholery.

It is not IP infringement to experiment with stuff. If he is trying to sell a device based on BrLP patented technology, that could be infringement, but anyone can make devices to, for example, test a patent.

What if he studies this experiment and then shows that there is no "hydrino effect." Ah, BrLP sure wouldn't like that!!!

• This is a sketchy report of two experiments, with no indication of anything actually remarkable. Fun, yes! BANG!

Right. This is probably even less scientific than my own experiments. Since it is observational, I worked to control the presence of water on the metal sample and tried different samples (metal types with and without water present). The end result was that I could see no difference in light intensity when water was present versus when it was not. There is a very intense light emitted with titanium, but probably just chemical burning.

http://www.lenr-coldfusion.com…26/sun-cell-lite-testing/

• There is a very intense light emitted with titanium, but probably just chemical burning.

Could be.

If one causes a very high reaction rate by very rapid heating, the power density could be very high. A megawatt for 0.5 msec is 500 w-h. And the actual reaction time might be substantially less than that.

He has done no quantitative study of the light pulse and does not seem to have checked the input power, as with an oscilloscope. They are now cheap for good ones from China. I have a Rigol DS1052E. Lovely little digital storage scope, 50 MHz, 1 Gs/sec, it was $400 in 2009 when I was setting up. (I wanted to look for "shock waves" from a Galileo-class SPAWAR replication.)

added: to be clear, if one vaporizes a metal, this would create an expanding cloud of very hot metal vapor, which would then react with atmospheric oxygen as quickly as it could contact it. As well, if there is water in the cell, as I recall, some hot metals may strip oxygen from water. Not sure about nickel and titanium.

Found a fun video.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Experiment rules.

• here is no actual measurement of current (stated as a "theoretical maximum of 20,000 amps), nor actual pulse width (stated as a theoretical value of 0.5 msec). In Phase 2, there were 100 capacitors. 14 volts at 20 kA would be 280 kW. No controls or other confirming facts are noted, and there is no estimate of released energy (other than an estimate of 6.6 joules for input power).

Most of what You look for can be found in his business presentation of 06/28/16.

Found the voltage diagram: p55. first paper last post!

http://brilliantlightpower.com…s-Presentation-062816.pdf

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.