Shielding from reactor emitting RF and RF measuring

• Power level is quite sure less than 100w because no thermal tissue damage (yet). Maybe only few watts?. But frequency+power (polarization?) is level that cause erratic currents in nervous system, ecpecially head is in big danger.

Here a paper I found: http://mmrjournal.biomedcentra…10.1186/s40779-014-0026-x

It's worth reading all of it. (One more thing: A german team just managed it to produce a cheap, tunable Thz sender cell...)

Some citations: To study the thermal effects of THz waves, Wilmink et al. [4] have exposed human cells to THz radiation (2.52 THz, 227 mW/cm, durations of 1 ~ 40 min). They found that the vast majority of cells underwent apoptosis or necrosis after being exposed for 20 min or longer; 60% of Jurkat cells survived for 30 min, and only 20 percent lived to 40 min. In a subsequent study, humadermal fibroblasts were exposed to continuous THz radiation (2.52 THz, 84.8 mW/cm,durations of 5, 10, 20, 40, and 80 minutes). It was found that cell viability was significantly affected when cellular temperatures increased by 3 °C, and the expression of both heat shock proteins and DNA damage markers tended to increase. Compared with the radiation groups, the groups subjected to hyperthermic exposure (3°C higher thanphysiological conditions) exhibited equivalent levels of heat shock protein expression [5].
    These findings suggested that radiationat2.52THzgenerates predominantly thermal effects in mammalian cell

• Here a paper I found: mmrjournal.biomedcentral.com/a…10.1186/s40779-014-0026-x

I'm more worried about how nervous system got damage:

"Through the observation of the effects of THz radiation on neurons in vitro, Ol’shevskaia et al. [7] have observed that THz radiation causes injury to the morphology of neurons in a power- and wavelength-dependent manner."

• "Through the observation of the effects of THz radiation on neurons in vitro, Ol’shevskaia et al. [7] have observed that THz radiation causes injury to the morphology of neurons in a power- and wavelength-dependent manner."

Do not panic. Research is driven by the cell phone industry (Next generation thz...) In the nineties, a ETH, they saw that mitosis is influenced by cellphone radiation. The responsible physician paniced and moved his family off, up in the mountains.

But there You get the ten-fold radiation dose, because of Th in granit- stones.

I always recommended do your research in an aquarium - like everybody did, for more than 60ty years...

If You measure netrons - it's always to late...

• David -
    It is true that the shield should be grounded for best effect (and safety), but I doubt that is the major effect here. With a big metal box, the capacitive coupling to ground is probably good enough to lower the impedance to ground enough to assure that very little energy is radiated at high frequencies.

A more likely problem is that your shield has gaps along the seams. If the sides of a metal box has are just pushed together or held by screws at the corner, there may be long gaps that will cause the seams to behave like slot antennas. Good shields need to have a conductive gap filler or beryllium-copper clips close together to make the length of the smallest slot much smaller than the wavelength of the highest frequency you are trying to block.

• Lab rabbit is still ok condition. During exposure it usually stay / move only minimal. Human is more height antenna as rabbit so get easilly more RF in head..

This has direct physiological implications that do not model a human exposure. Take 1 to 4 GHz as a very commonplace example today. Take that exposure to very near the skull of a human, where linear measure of neuronal lengths might just be several cm (nigro-striatal paths (parkinsonism), corpus callosum (mirroring and redundancy and spatial v. fractal analytical functions such as association), and many others such as auditory nerve, the optic neurons to chiasmata and chiasmata to parietal "visual cortex" etc. All are much much shorter in a mouse or a rat. And still considerably shorter in a lagomorphic brain (rabbit/ hare). For maximum effectiveness as "antennae" neurons much be a substantial fraction of say 1/4 wavelength. 1/2 wavelength is strong too, but experiencing full excursion in both directions, and is full wave and some other linear conductor configurations.

Now consider the easily tested dogma that only the aqueous components of food / flesh absorb substantial microwave radiation. Depending on the type of oven, but in nearly all the cheap ones today, a quick experiment with vegetable oil 'non-conductor" as a model of some aspects of a lipid bi-layer, will heat at least as fast as the same dimensions of water in that oven. And just for fun, take some canned salmon where the "chunks" are long enough to act say as 1/4 antennae, and watch the fish flesh produce mini-explosions that blow off pieces of the flesh to the walls of the oven.

The "generally recognized as safe" GRAS of cellphones based on radar and microwave oven exposure of experimental animals much smaller than humans, or with much smaller brains, is fraught with very poor assessment of potential risks and possibly extremely unpleasant consequences.

• One urgent question: Are You using high voltages? > 1kV or even higher??

I have not test sparks yet. I know sparks affect my geiger sensor/electronics, if generate sparks it blind geiger so tests go blind for radiation. Need to build scintilator.

Grounding farady gage don't help much. Maybe so high frequency that it go through steel?

• Grounding farady gage don't help much. Maybe so high frequency that it go through steel?

To make one step backwards: The perfect laboratory uses his own galvanically decoupled power supply to avoid feeding noise in the house installation! Also a common ground (I would use a metal water supply tube) could just promote the radiation to an other point...

A metal farady cage is well suited for high voltage - high current, but I think it's not suited for all the other cases...

Any slit in the cage which is larger than the wavelenght (you dont like) simply lets the wave through!

One cheap solution for a window could be to use a (many directions) very fine mesh, which carries a current that virtually closes the holes by it's induced B-field! Even better are conducting polymer foils (used to shield modern PC's) or newest: Graphen printed on foils...

• Cheapest way to look for RF is to use a little inexpensive transistor radio. Try the AM (LW/MW) and FM/VHF bands

FM radio is affected near reactor. Even shutdown reactor affect. Need to look more radios to test. Looks like low band have more disortion ~80Mhz.

If RF less than 100Mhz ED88T don't show. Too small farady cage? Near transmitter B/U effects? Too fast changing B that ED88T hall sensor dosn't see it?

• Official Post

I'm glad that worked as a test! If the shut-down reactor is broadcasting in the 80Mhz region that suggests your Faraday cage is not suitable. If cash is tight go round the restaurants looking for a steel 25 litre cooking-oil container - the top is not too difficult to cut off. If you are good at light metalwork you might be able to cut it off a couple of inches below the seam and make it into a door...then it might be big enough for you to create a second cage around your first one. I cannot see much getting through the double.

• I'm glad that worked as a test! If the shut-down reactor is broadcasting in the 80Mhz region that suggests your Faraday cage is not suitable. If cash is tight go round the restaurants looking for a steel 25 litre cooking-oil container - the top is not…

Current RF shield is done from used 10L beans cans. I find one FM noisy spot near 107Mhz that is occupied one local station. What you think situation: it is posible to get local station overried from ~40m reactor depending radio direction. When radio is put on the RF cage it show nasty noise, but when antenna touch RF cage grounding it give local station quite clear.

My thinking is that there is some fast changing magnetic field that can't shield against thin materials. Ideas? Btw. noisy spots are moving they dosn't keep stabile Mhz spikes, reactor is near 20C unpowered (to reduce other RF noise)..

• AC motor stator case dosn't shield well, but some. It is best I have found yet. Only shutdown reactor core inside. Effects FM radio still. It is like there is some fields. Near shield station listen ok, but ~90cm distance it blocks, little more it listen well, then blocks again furher it mix with station. This behavior "thin" ~6mm cast iron end claps direction. Radial direction it blocks much more and station can listen quite well.
    Any ideas? More iron?

• What I have be asserting and that many people will not accept is that there is an energy storage mechanism associated with the LENR reaction. The experience that eros is having shows how energy is stored in LENR over time and that energy is released after the reaction is terminated. Holmlid also sees muons produced in his reaction days after he completes his active reaction. LENR theory needs to account for and explain how this energy storage occurs.

Eros should measure how this energy is dissipated with time in an organized observation of this energy release. Is the release pattern like a capacitor, battery, or radioactive isotope?

Does a large magnetic field or electrostatic potential affect the energy release pattern or capacity?

I know that this is a lot to ask, but does the off line reactor leave particle tracks on charge sensitive photo emulsions and/or inside a cloud chamber?

• In the description of the experiment, I did not see anything about wires going into the shielded chamber. I assume there must be at least a few wires for power and measurements. If so, it is very likely that the the EMI is being conducted through those wires. A full description of the experiment (schematic plus photo of the shielding chamber) would allow us to suggest better fixes. For instance, ferrite beads can be used to suppress EMI from signal wires, and common mode filters can be used for power connections.

Also, an idea for a low-cost, high-quality faraday cage is to buy a cheap or junked microwave oven and put the experiment inside. That would have excellent shielding up to at least 2.4 GHz and still have a large see-through window.

• What I have be asserting and that many people will not accept is that there is an energy storage mechanism associated with the LENR reaction. The experience that eros is having shows how energy is stored in LENR over time and that energy is released after the reaction is terminated. Holmlid also sees muons produced in his reaction days after he completes his active reaction. LENR theory needs to account for and explain how this energy storage occurs.

I have theory/method how energy is stored. I don't know upper limit or limiting mechanisim. Storage can theoretically be wery high.
    And it can occur in room temp also when things are right enough. So I don't belive days decay. Unpowered fuel only runs slower speed.

Does a large magnetic field or electrostatic potential affect the energy release pattern or capacity?

small field is enough to affect RF. Rossi says "drummer".

I know that this is a lot to ask, but does the off line reactor leave particle tracks on charge sensitive photo emulsions and/or inside a cloud chamber?

I don't have chambers yet. And be more interested to engineer some save enough power production than hunting exotic particles ;)
    My COP's still low but can't be sure because not calorimetry yet. I need shields thick enough to be brave enough to test alkalis at fuel..
    And current budget only some hundred euros..

btw. magnetization of iron shield seems help to reduce RF

• There are three LENR systems now that have reported strong RF radiation coming from the system. It could be that RF is a integral part of the LENR reaction, a driver of the reaction, a clue to how LENR works, maybe?

• The presence of RF emanating from these LENR reactors comes from the existence of spin waves that derives from the electrons and other magnetic particles that receive and transmit energy from the reactor.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

When energy is applied to the spins of electron and/or magnons pairs, that pair precesses. I am using the term magnons to identify the magnetic moment of the Surface Plasmon Polariton (SPP). The accepted science name of this particle is surface magnon polariton. Precession is a change in the orientation of the rotational axis of a rotating body. This precession stores energy as magnetic force and also is transferred to the mass of the electrons and magnons that makeup the spin wave. In atomic physics, the Bohr magneton (symbol μB) is a physical constant and the natural unit for expressing the magnetic moment of an electron caused by either its orbital or spin angular momentum. The electron magnetic moment, which is the electron's intrinsic spin magnetic moment, is approximately one Bohr magneton. There is a potential for a large amount of energy storage in the spin wave. The SPP is the particle that allows open ended energy storage in the spin wave. For example, energy content of magnons will increase by advancing the energy and the associated frequency of the photons that comprise these magnons from infrared into the x-ray range.

The frequency of the RF from the spin wave is proportional to the energy contained in the spin wave. A high frequency RF emission from a LENR reactor means that it is producing a large amount of energy that is being released as RF and then converted from RF to heat by the reactor structure.

RF from spin waves is produced when energy is added or released from the spin wave. This energy equalization process is what produces the spin wave. This energy equalization process produces and imbalance in the precession frequencies from one pair of spin particles to the next in the magnetic particle sea that will ripple throughout the entire sea of those particles. These waves are what produce RF.

Be advised; learn about spin waves if you want to understand LENR.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.