Rossi on the Challenges of Developing E-Cat Plants

• I found a calculator for natural ventilation : http://www.engineeringtoolbox.…ht-ventilation-d_122.html

Natural Draft Air Flow and Velocity Calculator
    Inside temp : 100C Outside: 20C Height (of building) 10m
    The duct is the opening in the roof ... these are a big guess:
    Duct diameter 1.2m (diameter of fan) Length (height of fan) 1m
    Loss coefficient 1

Gives an air flow of 17,000 CFM (VERY rough estimate) -- roughly half of what would be needed (27,000 CFM)

So we're left with radiation and convection, mostly through the roof.

So an operating fan would be required.

Also, that 27K CFM air would have to be replaced by fresh air coming in (fan or no fan). The front (office) door is presumably closed all the time, and the shipping bay doors are probably closed.

Edit: The building isn't as high I remembered : https://www.lenr-forum.com/for…ment/731-rossi-miami-jpg/ ... so the maximum height for natural draft is maybe 5m ... giving 12K CFM out of the needed 27K.

• Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
    and IH doesn't give a fig about opinions on the blogs.

But then why would Dewey come here if that were the case? He obviously was fed, or privy to, inside info.

Why does Shane come here? Dewey Weaver is an investor, knows Darden well, and to him the company he invested in was ripped off by Rossi. At least that's how it looks. So he expresses his opinions, and provides a smidgen of inside information, being the only clearly known insider talking about this. That does not mean that IH, as a company, would pay for FUD, or cares about it. It certainly does not mean that Darden cares about this flapping. It doesn't mean they would spend a penny on encouraging people to comment on blogs. I have never seen that come from anywhere for anything related to LENR. Someone like Joshua Cude, or for that matter, Mary Yugo, is a volunteer and an independent actor. It could certainly occur that such people get some private praise, but it also occurs that they may get some private criticism. "Why do you bother with that crap?"

• http://www.citylab.com/tech/20…sensing-helicopters/7246/

That is probably less than 20 kW. That's my guess based on experience with greenhouse grow lights. Even that much would make the apartment extremely hot, to the point of being dangerous.

Yes. You know, when Rossi was proposing his megawatt plant, the idea was that it's impossible to hide a megawatt. But, weird upon weird, Planet Rossi now thinks that it would be trivial. Hey, fill the warehouse with saunas. Or manufacture unobtainium, well known to store megawatts of heat per gram -- that's why it is so valuable -- , so you can just carry it out of the building in your pocket. (Ah, be careful. If you trip and fall and set off the 24 megawatt hours stored from a day, they might not find anything left of you, just some ash. Perhaps that explains where all the employees went. Vaporized when they tried to steal the unobtainium.)

https://forum.grasscity.com/th…tect-small-grows.1085238/ talks about detecting 5 KW of lighting power. I used to use a 1 KW quartz-halogen light to work under, during the winter, to deal with Seasonal Affective Disorder. It was great, made me happy, all that light! And heated that basement room where I worked. A megawatt is one thousand of these. It is 200 times as much power as those marijuana growers thought would be large enough to detect by IR imaging of where you live.

It is extremely unlikely that any business in the district would be running that much power in a relatively small warehouse. So this thing would show up easily, if a megawatt is being released. 20 kW should show, but would not be drastic or necessarily outside norms. 20 kW is equivalent to roughly 200 amp service with standard 110 volt house wiring. I never saw a house with that, but large ones might have it. 100 amps is the most I've seen. So the power of one hundred houses drawing full current with 100 amp service .... would be a megawatt.

That apartment that got busted was probably running less than 10 kW, might have been 5 KW.

I think it was Dewey who said that IH had IR imaged the building, looking for heat. Here is how I see that. Dewey could just be having fun, poking Planet Rossi. Why not? He has no obligation to tell us the truth, just as Rossi had no obligation to be truthful to the public (and still doesn't. --he has an obligation to the truthful with investors and customers.) We forget all that, and argue endlessly depending on whom we believe.

However, If I were dealing with a test involving a payment of $89 million on the say-so of one person, and I was prevented from seeing evidence confirming that expert, I'd take it into my own hands to check. And IR imaging is an obvious and relatively cheap way to do it. And they could hire a helicopter -- or a light plane -- and look at the roof, or could physically go up there with a camera and ... thermometer and ways of measuring air flow. And they could do all this in ways that would become admissible evidence.

I don't need to know if Dewey is telling the truth to notice that. To think that they might have used IR imaging when denied access to the customer area ... I only need to imagine that they are smart, resourceful, and with adequate funding. And they appear to be all that.

I suspect that Rossi is screwed, blued, and tattooed. That, by the way, has nothing to do with whether or not he has a real technology hidden away. It is not a moral judgment. You could call it a business assessment. He's played this game before and lost, and may be losing this one for quite similar reasons. History repeats itself until we get the lesson and stop.

Paranoia strikes deep.

Some more pages I've looked at:
    http://www.onlinepot.org/misc/hidefromflair3.htm talks about how to conceal "large" grows -- which might be 10 kW. Yes, there are ways to do it. They involve extraordinary measures. Suppose Rossi used those measures. Uh, why? Why would he put great effort into concealing heat that would prove he was running a megawatt? If he did, this would be another example of attempting to confuse independent confirmation, which is the primary long-term evidence of a problem with Rossi.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/comm…ould-we-be-worried.19410/

I`ve also heard a/c units can mask heat signatures,do u know if this is true?

Thanks

Well, A/C will take the heat out of the room, so there isn't any heat left in the room to show up on FLIR. The A/C has to put that heat somewhere else, though, it doesn't just disappear. FLIR would see heat coming from the hot side of the A/C system. That might look normal enough, or it might stand out. Running A/C in the winter or when it's only 50 or 60 deg F outside would probably stand out as abnormal.

Basically, potheads doing better than Planet Rossi at understanding the science.

If Rossi is making money hand over fist from ECat or Quark X sales.

Rossi's making money from anything other than conning distributors and in particular, IH, is pure fantasy. The ecat never worked and no QuarkX has ever been seen and probably has never been built much less tested. To paraphrase, Rossi builds castles in the sky and believers live in them.

• And IR imaging is an obvious and relatively cheap way to do it. And they could hire a helicopter -- or a light plane -- and look at the roof, or could physically go up there with a camera and ...

You can do it from the ground. Just aim at the vent from the ground. The plume of hot air will show up. However, I think it is better to go up on the roof just to be sure.

• There's a special kind of hell in which you're forced to play Bingo with Rothwell's posts, and always win another round of "gadget did not work" "if gadget did work IH would have paid $89m" "impossible to vent 1MW" "bad calorimetry" "travesty" "0.0 bar" "you don't know what I know"

In the next level of this hell, you're forced to type his posts manually while trying to keep up with Abdel Ramen reading his own ones aloud

For eternity

• Quote from "Jed"

The vats used to make sponge metal are gigantic,

About the plant.

Quote from "Mats Lewan"

The total surface of the premises was 1,000 square meters, of which the MW plant used 400 and the customer 600.
    The equipment of the customer measured 20 x 3 x 3 meters, and the process was running 24/7.

So the air was obviously hotter than 40C by the (6m up) 1000 m² roof, probobly not insulated at all, for the remaining heat to leak thru ...

I would still say it is impossible to achieve this if there was only 20kW produced in total and a 3kW air conditioner running as well.

• Rossi has a really nice time now, as he sees, that we still take him for serious and try to figure out, how his controversal statements can fit at all. This will be the fraud of our century, if not this, then the em-drive or the steorn-stuff. We should talk about other attempts of LENR. Rossi is definitively dead for me.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.