The Industrial Heat Answer

• Well, you just took MY to task for expecting 10's or 100''s of Ws as proof of LENR, and argued that picos are now the standard,

I never said anything remotely like that. It is not the standard. Read the literature! You will see that most cold fusion calorimetry has about 50 mW precision.

I said only that scientists can measure picowatts. There have been a few cold fusion experiments with micro-calorimeters, in China and elsewhere.

• That some see Rossi as morally bankrupt is not salient.
    Imagine that you invent a device that will crash the petro-dollar, how would You play your hand?
    Something that would give the military overwhelming advantage.

Be open and above board? Naive even? Have your device in the hands others to do with as they see fit? Does anyone remember what happened to Pons and Fleischmann, two honourable laboratory scientists?
    Eugene Mallove?
    It is perhaps lucky that someone of Rossi's nature has (or has not) got this device.

May I suggest we keep our sanctimonious outrage to ourselves, as Ego satisfying as our moral virtue signaling may be?

• Official Post

(were you being sarcastic?)
    It is all a matter of scale. In mW systems, maybe you can get picowatts. In kW systems, I highly doubt it.
    99.9999 % gold (four nines) gold is really pure. Getting that to five nines or better is ridiculously hard. Unless you only need a few mg of it.

No, of course I wasn't being sarcastic..although I like to keep everyone guessing. :) . I do see your point though. But does Jed?

Could you please read MY's comments, and Jed's response, and explain to me how I mischaracterized the exchange. Thx.

Isn't it bedtime in Italy? :)

• It is all a matter of scale. In mW systems, maybe you can get picowatts. In kW systems, I highly doubt it.
    99.9999 % gold (four nines) gold is really pure. Getting that to five nines or better is ridiculously hard.

Quite right. To put it another way, you cannot use a micro-calorimeter to measure 1 watt. That's out of range.

• I must say we are on the same page. But do you (or anyone) think I will goto your site knowing you harvest IPs and contact information?
    Its best that I just say that. No. Make amends. I would like to think it was heat of the moment thing. Also---- I could care less about a dogpile.

• That some see Rossi as morally bankrupt is not salient.
    Imagine that you invent a device that will crash the petro-dollar, how would You play your hand?

It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken.

It takes a scumbag to deal effectively with other scumbags.

Nice guys will lose their IP to the scumbags; a hard lesson from the Defkalion affair.

================

Andrea Rossi
    August 6, 2016 at 8:29 PM
    Jill:
    Thank you for your insight and for the links.
    As a matter of fact, I am spending a lot of time together with my Attorney to collect all the evidence to destroy the slanders. It is not difficult, but takes time that I’d prefer to spend in my factory. But a war is a war and we gotta do it.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

===============

When will we see Rossi's defensive counter strike?

• Doesn't IH need to carefully word that they have nothing positive from AR's IP to protect other ventures from AR?

Assume IH may soon have something positive from other ventures. Wouldn't it be prudent to eliminate the threat that AR can claim IH used his IP?

• Mary Yugo

It will be highly amusing to watch how Rossi tries ineffectually to weasel himself out of this.

All this gigantic fuss, when it would have been resolving considering that a nuclear reaction is unreal in the conditions described in Rossi's patent and in Focardi's papers. Just what I wrote for CICAP. From the experimental point of view, the mere absence of gammas would have been enough to reject Focardi/Rossi's claims.

• Mary Yugo

It will be highly amusing to watch how Rossi tries ineffectually to weasel himself out of this.

All this gigantic fuss, when it would have been resolving considering that a nuclear reaction is unreal in the conditions described in Rossi's patent and in Focardi's papers. Just what I wrote for CICAP. From the experimental point of view, the mere absence of gammas would have been enough to reject Focardi/Rossi's claims.

• Yes, I am certain I have this right. I have spoken with many people at I.H. this year and I am positive they think there is no anomalous heat from any Rossi reactor.

That is the rub. They always qualify their statements this way. The question is this: do they mean that they have never measured anomalous heat from any reactor that they have ever constructed that is based in any way on the Rossi reactor? In other words, have they improved upon Rossi's reactor to the point that it is no longer "Rossi's reactor." The language that they use in the answer carefully leaves this interpretation open as a possibility. They could have easily shut down this interpretation with unequivocal language, "COP of 1 for all Rossi devices and derivative devices built by us," but they chose not to.

• Quote from "Jed_FUD"

Maybe you need another cuppa java. Let me say this clearly: I.H. definitely, with 100% certainty did say they got no heat from any Rossi reactor. None. Zero. Bupkis. Okay, it is kind of hard to read these legal documents, but that is what they said, and what they meant.

Wait. Is that an echo. echo .. echo ... echo ... ... You need to do a hard reboot Jed. Press the power button for ten sec... :D

IH more or less admits Rossi produces excess heat in their counterFUD by carefully wording theirselves around the important issues.

They do NOT deny the 1MW producing COP 50. They even acknowledge the ERV report as "speaking for itself" without showing it... Strange isn't it?

Quote from "the CounterFUD"

Defendants admit that on March 29, 2016, Penon sent his final report regarding the operation of the Plant to Darden and Rossi. Defendants state that this report speaks for itself

What they keep doing is denying that the MW plant wasn the GPT according to the LA due to timing issues and they do not acknowledge the 2nd amendment which they did sign due to technical legal issues. Nothing has changed since MTD... This CounterFUD has only one purpose and that is to reduce Rossi credibility.

Quote from "the CounterFUD"

Defendants deny that the “test” referenced in Paragraph 64 – meaning the operation of the Plant in Doral, Florida in 2015 and early 2016 – was the “Guaranteed Performance” to be performed under the License Agreement.

Some have called my analysis "conspiracy". In that light I ask, what is this? The accusations looks more than anything like the endless rants by Jed and Abd than a legal doc... not a single substantiated claim. Only a continuation of the works by "certified idiot" Jed and "coach" Abdulla...

Quote from "Renzzzzzie_FUD"

Wondering what Sifferkoll and Co. are thinking about this gem on planet Rossi. Sure appears to align perfectly with what we have all been predicting the whole time about the fake customer outside the cold cold planet.
    It appears Sifferkoll was quite selective in his posting of exhibits

Oh, I'm happy you're asking Renzzie boy ;) I believe this to be really really good. IH has finally shown what cards they are playing, and what kind of despicable scumbags they are. Remember the GPT did not even require a customer. My take is that Johnson Matthey (or some closely related subsidiary) is involved to some degree but do not want it to be public (for obvious reasons).

All in all I believe I've been pretty accurate in my blog about what kind of players IH are. Or become after the involvement of Apco and other establishment entities embodied primarily by Joseph Murray july 2015. His assignment was clearly to trash the test and since the first Apco FUD statement of march he activated collegue Zoepfl on ECN to do serious slandering. These guys are connected you know, and maybe even you are part of the team. Who knows...

BTW, All the important exhibits is in my post about the CounterFUD now. http://www.sifferkoll.se/siffe…nd-penon-in-counterclaim/ As I said, this is a goldmine of information. One example being Ex9 which explains clearly the reasons for the Lugano bashing that has been going on. Especially the TC reference ... (TC being assigned to do this is very very likely in the current light of things - remember TC is also from the AGW crowd ...)

Quote from "CounterFUD"

This conclusion was subsequently criticized in a series of publications identifying flaws in the methodology the scientists employed which led to overstatement of their COP calculations. These publications, however, did not surface until 2015.

Although the critique not surfacing before 2015 is a blatant total despicable lie... It was as we all know instantanous on release ...

• They would test it in whatever range they were told to test it in. And not necessarily the manufacturer, it could be any certified testing agency, maybe Underwriters Laboratories or another company.

What evidence do you or Jed have of this air in the feed line? Anyone can fantasize what is necessary to make
    Penon must be an incompetent fool if he has not thought of this. And he does not strike me as such.

And IH would be complete jackasses, if a recalibration be independent company was not part of the agreement. They claim that the Florida test was NOT the "Guaranteed performance", but I find it very difficult to believe that Rossi and his people would spent 350 of their lives operating that plant if they did not believe that they were performing that test.

For IH to now claim that it was NOT that test, when Penon has handed them 3 quarterly reports and one final report which he was hired to do as part of the "Guaranteed performance test", it seems very obvious that the tactic used here is to deny the validity of the result by denying that the test was the "Guaranteed performance test".

About the infrared imaging, that proves nothing. It would be based on the assumption that the heat was vented out inside the building, which they cannot know when they haven't entered the "production facilities".

And again, what the heat was used for is irrelevant for the performance results, but IH wants to use this as another point to denounce the 350 day test. Well, they clearly haven't made this point clear during the test and before getting sued. When it comes time to pay, suddenly everything is a sham.

To say that IH NEVER saw any excess heat from any Rossi device is just ridiculous. If that is true, then they really are completely incompetent. And I don't believe that.
    But magically THEY managed to improve his process (which now, according the IH, does not work) and apply for patents with his name as the inventor. Give me a break.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.