Robert George of Brillouin Interview

Now there are two targets for the skeptics. Rossi and Brillouin. I wonder if this will increase exponentially?

People will make claims but companies with good funding actively pursuing nickel-hydrogen nuclear reactions will not increase even linearly. Probably the fad will die off altogether after a few years go by and predictably, Miley, Nanospire, Celani, Piantelli, Swartz and Brillouin (and others) all disappoint by not providing any properly vetted evidence of high power fusion.

Are you sure Mary Yugo and Abd are not one of the same person?

While he occasionally (rarely) makes some sense and eschews his usual oral diarrhea, Abd and I do not like each other. He once expelled me from his New Vortex group and censored what I had written. Negative stuff about Rossi IIRC. So, no, we are not even similar, much less the same. Why would you even think that? Wow. Abd thinks all sorts of nonsense are possible in practice and in reality. He has little clue how reality works.

• Correct, Frank, I don't discount very small amounts of low level fusion in various Pd-D experiments. I have no reason to discount it. I have not studied it and the requirements for studying it are prerequisites that I don't have, either by training or by experience. However, reading what critics of low level fusion have written, I tend to doubt it. But unless it rises to some level of usefulness, I have no idea about it from my own deductions. I also don't much care as long as it remains at best, a laboratory curiosity and at worst, mismeasurement and wishful fantasy.

When someone like Defkalion, Rossi, Brillouin, Nanospire, Miley and even Celani pipes up with a claim to appreciable and perhaps useful power, then I understand the measurement methods and I can have a legitimate opinion about the methods used and the people who did the tests. That's if info is supplied which often it is not. Rossi, now, I am sure, to his chagrin, supplied lots of information, all of it flawed.

By the way, Celani is a real trip! All the guy has to do to become credible is to improve his signal to noise and signal to drift ratio by simply using more wires. For example ten or more wires around one heater wire. But he has refused this obvious suggestion for going on 5 years as has MFMP. That should tell you SOMETHING about the Celani-style wire claims. But I digress.

So I don't claim to be sure low level LENR doesn't work but I am reasonably certain that nobody has properly demonstrated high power fusion with LENR. And I am completely convinced that Defkalion and Rossi are nothing but low grade, poorly done, obvious scams whose total scaminess has been or should have been exceedingly obvious since some time in late 2011 or early 2012.

• it would be a violation of the laws of thermodynamics

Mary: Please again. It's time to take some physics classes. The laws of thermodynamics are valid for macroscopic systems which obey a statistics.

Nuclear physics is a different branch and thus often different laws apply.
    The most extreme case is a black hole, which doesn't like the law of entropy...

• Jed

I quoted directly from Brillouin's website. I have no idea how true the claims are.

Do you mean their website claims that McKubre endorsed them? Would you mind pointing me to the exact page?

I know little about Brillouin or their claims, and I have not read their website, so I cannot comment. I did discuss this with McKubre. He did not endorse their claims. He did say the claims are interesting.

If the Brillouin's website says he endorsed them, I will tell him. I expect Brillouin will have some 'splaining to do.

• Official Post

I know little about Brillouin or their claims, and I have not read their website, so I cannot comment

Well, maybe you should do some reading Jed? Very little there at BE's site, and what it took for you to compose your post, you could have informed yourself.

And to be honest, FWIW I think that, while BE have wrapped themselves in business legitimacy, with a respectable BOD and scientific advisors... including Karl Page for political good measure, it defies common business sense why, after so many years, the best they can do is attract some mysterious investors from their doing interviews on obscure youtube websites?

Or why our very own, dearly departed Dewey (IH insider), says that IH put a little (hands-off) money into their venture. Why not more?

BE should be answering to tough questions. Their dodging those questions has raised legitimate questions.

• Well, maybe you should do some reading Jed? Very little there at BE's site, and what it took for you to compose your post, you could have informed yourself.

I attended their lectures, read their poster, and had a couple of pizza meals with them. I am not impressed by their claims. I don't say they are wrong, but I am not impressed. So I don't feel like going to the trouble to read the web site.

When I last looked at the web site, it had some numbers that did not seem to add up. I told them but they did not respond. It also had a photo of a conventional gas-fired furnace which they purloined from another web site, with the face plate changed to "Brillouin." I located the original image with a Google image search. I was not impressed by that.

• BE should be answering to tough questions. Their dodging those questions has raised legitimate questions.

Sure. Are they asking you to invest? At this point, those with the right to question them are those who have invested or who are engaged in a negotiation with them. That people raise questions on blogs is meaningless in that sense, though an investor may wish to review public commentary to be better informed about questions to ask. By this time, we hope that investors in LENR actually consult experts in the field, and that they all exercise full caution and are aware of the very high risks.

By the way, I met Godes at SRI in 2012. Nice guy. At lunch -- SRI has a spectacular cafeteria -- he tried to explain his theory to me.

I have the usual objections. And I don't consider theory particularly important except as some kind of stimulator for experiment and exploration. It is the results of that, that matter, and Godes had just gotten his SRI badge so he could work with the team there on measurements.

He was doing that part right. The web site was punk last time I looked, yea, with that cheesy photo. Really, where do these guys get the idea that they need to present some front like that. Any serious investor will see right through that. Come on, guys, what do you actually have beyond a fake photo?

But that someone uses a fake photo on a web site does not prove much of anything other than some level of web site incompetence. Poor public relations, obviously they have not hired APCO. <--- hey, APCO! You can send me a check for the plug..... Yeah, you will need my address.... I'm not hard to find.

By this time, we hope that investors in LENR actually consult experts in the field, and that they all exercise full caution and are aware of the very high risks.

Dream on -- especially when it's OPM (other people's money). Anyway, there are experts in LENR? Yah, WHO? Maybe Joshua Cude/Popeye but I don't think investors will seek him out. It has been FOUR years since you met Godes, and what, please has happened since except for more words and claims, a bizarre awful website, and an interview on a whackjob program? See any proper independent tests done by renown authorities in physics or engineering or major test labs? Let me answer myself. NO. NOT ONE. What do you think that is the hallmark of?

Any serious investor will see right through that.

Right. Like everybody saw through Defkalion? Or IH saw through Rossi from the start when he proposed a completely unneeded one year test that IH failed to monitor properly until it was much too late for their investors to recoup?

Poor public relations...

It suggests way more than that. Taken together with the obvious mistakes in their diagram which they allowed to stay up on their web site for TWO YEARS even after I wrote about them multiple places on the internet, it is obvious that at best, these people have no class. In fact they are so gross that they are extremely unlikely to have anything. Were it not for McKubre's weird attention to them and his getting them somehow involved with SRI, they'd be nothing but another whackjob outfit like Nanospire, looking (mostly) in vain for cash.

If IH is depending on them to produce and does not have them independently and properly tested BEFORE granting them money, they learned nothing from their adventure with Rossi.

PS: I am not calling Nanospire whacky for no reason -- I have spelled out my reasons many times and engaged in a back and forth with Godes about it. I am pretty sure that was on Forbes comments to a Rossi related piece. Google is your friend.

Joining Mr. Godes were Brillouin Energy’s Chief Executive Officer, Robert W. George, Business Development Director, David Niebauer, and Technical Advisory Board Members Dr. Michael McKubre of Stanford Research International (SRI) and Carl Page of the Anthropocene Institute.

http://brillouinenergy.com/wp-…Congress-News-Release.pdf

And this may come as a shock to Jed but right on their web site is:

Technical and Business Advisory Board MembersMembers of Brillouin Energy’s Advisory Board include:

Michael C. H. McKubreMichael McKubre is currently the Director of the Energy Research Center, Physical Sciences Division, at SRI International. McKubre is an internationally recognized LENR expert in PdH and PdD electrochemistry and calorimetry, McKubre previously directed research and consulted for the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), Defense Advanced Research Program Agency (DARPA), US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL), and Office of Naval Research (ONR). Mr. McKubre holds a PhD in Chemistry and Physics from Victoria University Wellington.

http://brillouinenergy.com/about/leadership/

• If the Brillouin's website says he endorsed them, I will tell him. I expect Brillouin will have some 'splaining to do.

I haven't a clue what you are talking about! Can you give me an explanation with a quote from their website which you find offensive.

I said "IF Brillouin's website says he endorsed them . . ." That's a hypothetical. "If" means "suppose" or "in the event that . . ." I also said I have not read the web site. So obviously I find nothing offensive.

I think you need to work on your reading skills.

• And this may come as a shock to Jed but right on their web site is:

Technical and Business Advisory Board MembersMembers of Brillouin Energy’s Advisory Board include:

Michael C. H. McKubreMichael McKubre

It does not say he endorsed the product or claims it works. So I guess he will have no complaint. As I said, he only went so far as to call it "interesting" when I last spoke with him.

It is none of my business.

• Jed

If the Brillouin's website says he endorsed them, I will tell him. I expect Brillouin will have some 'splaining to do.

I said "IF Brillouin's website says he endorsed them . . ." That's a hypothetical. "If" means "suppose" or "in the event that . . ." I also said I have not read the web site. So obviously I find nothing offensive.

I think you need to work on your reading skills.

Why would you ask hypothetical questions which in themselves suggest a website claims something it does not? Is this something you learnt under a bridge somewhere?

It is none of my business.

You could have fooled me. But then you seem to be in that sort of business. You are not related to Rossi by any chance?

Best regards
    Frank

• Why would you ask hypothetical questions which in themselves suggest a website claims something it does not?

I was asking what the website says. I remarked that if it says McKubre endorses the claims, that would be a problem. That's all there is to it. I am pretty sure you understand that, and you are nitpicking and making a big deal about nothing, just to be argumentative. Knock it off.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.