Flow meter used in 1-MW test

• That is from the certification PDF. I suppose it is general.
    I have a photo of the top of one. It comes with two dials without a sensor, and one dial with a sensor. A metal "lid" goes on when the sensor probe is used (which seems to mechanically connect to one of the dials, note threads in the open dial hole).

I downloaded it from here :http://www.apator.com/en/offer…meters/mwn130-nc-mp130-nc

• Gotta be quick to catch the meter just when it ticks over. And ignore the other dials.

Yes, I believe that is the technique. Plus you have to set it up to click exactly every 40 minutes, with exactly 36 clicks per day. A few minutes out of synch with the clock and it will click 35 one day and 37 the next. Not good! (as Trump says.)

But I am not sure what you mean by "other dials." I believe the lowest reading with this instrument is 1,000 liters. That's the lowest dial. That's why Penon listed it with three zeros every time. That part was legitimate. The "36" seems impossible to me, but whatever number it comes up with, it will be thousands.

The only brochure I can find is in Polish. Here is a document someone else recommended. It covers several models:

http://www.apator.com/uploads/…/certyfikat-mwn130-nc.pdf

On p. 3, it says there are 6 rollers plus 2 others for decimals of m^3. "Counter capacity is 999,999 m^3 or 9,999,999 m^3." So I think this one is 9 million with no decimal place. It reminds me of a slide rule, or a computer with no floating point number capacity, which tells you how old I am.

• Does it even "click"? It just looks like an old speedometer. Not like one of those old mechanical "digital" alarm clocks.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Jack Cole
    [,,,] The machinations of the great puppet master [...]

Maybe we are all wrong and it's not always Rossi posting/talking/filling his ridiculous blog.

Consider this:
    Rossi has a wife!
    Her native language is also Italian.
    Maybe she's bored and got some spare time ...
    Would also explains the female entities ;)

• Anyhoo, (to throw some gas on the fire), it is possible that the water was returned from the customer in something like 10-minute-long pours, about once an hour. With otherwise still water in the line.
    That puts the meter back into the primary operation range. That would have to be done pretty clockwork-like, and with specific volumes...

• It's getting more and more crazy on JONP

Beula:
    "Dear Andrea:
    I bet in this moment you are working on your QuarkX, while Darden and his mobsters are celebrating their stinky countercomplaints in the luxury yacht of Darden.
    Cherokee Fund Partners have stolen, together with Woodford, an enormous amount of money to their investors and try to exit elegantly from this robbery slandering a perfectly honest man as the ERV Dr Fabio Penon, Eng. Fulvio Fabiani, who helped them for one year, you, who lost your health working 16-18 hours per day in a plant for a test agreed with them in perfect accordance with the agreement they signed.
    Do not give up, at any cost, because you are going to win.
    Cheers,
    Beula"

Yes, CHEERS!

Eb:
    Dear Andrea Rossi
    How is yur relationship with Hydrofusion after the publication of the IH’s countercomplaints ?

Rossi:
    Never been better than now. We are a Team and a united family, working together to make in Sweden our European pole. We had this morning an important meeting on Skype focused on that: we also talked of the countercomplaints of IH for a minute, but did not have much time for it, leaving space to the important things we are doing.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.
    (Bold text from me)

With exhibit 12, we got a slight different view for what he was doing with Hydrofusion.
    "Dear Tom,
    mission accomplished" [...]
    "I made the test abort, maintaining the temperatures
    below the starting limit. Then I made up some discussions, I said they made a
    wrong test, they escaped, I am free."

• Anyhoo, (to throw some gas on the fire), it is possible that the water was returned from the customer in something like 10-minute-long pours, about once an hour. With otherwise still water in the line.
    That puts the meter back into the primary operation range. That would have to be done pretty clockwork-like, and with specific volumes...

That might actually jibe with Jamie Sibley's conjecture that the customer's activity was platinum group metal chemical extraction using Hexane evaporation. http://www.e-catworld.com/2013…at-world-thread/#comments

• Official Post

Something does not add up with Hydrofusion. In their counterclaim, IH provided the email from Rossi where he bragged to them (IH) about getting rid of HF, by purposely rigging the ST Hotcat test to fail. But Hydrofusion never went away after that failure. They were the only one to continue on as a licensee after Rossi bought the others out. They have very loyal to Rossi to this day. The one physicist owner (forgot his name) even published a paper on JONP not too long ago.

• Something does not add up with Hydrofusion. In their counterclaim, IH provided the email from Rossi where he bragged to them (IH) about getting rid of HF, by purposely rigging the ST Hotcat test to fail. But Hydrofusion never went away after that. They were the only one of the 5 or so, to continue on as a licensee. They stayed very loyal to Rossi to this day. The one physicist owner (forgot his name) even published a paper on JONP not too long ago.

Hydrofusion probably didn't know about the intentional test failure until IH filed their Answer. It probably shocked them. But they have seen the QuarkX in action, have a license in place for a big part of the world, and will let this one roll off their shoulders. At least, if I were in their shoes and had solid confirmation of QuarkX performance, that is what I would do.

• Wow Jed. Just wow. So you never led us to believe that the 36,000 was something other than the fact that the flowmeter reports the value in 1000s? Never even hinted at anything else than that?

No, I never did. In fact, I dropped hint after hint that was the reason. I was a little disappointed that no one here figured it out. (Or if they did, they did not contact me.)

What other reason could there be?

I am relieved this information has been published. I do not like keeping secrets. Essentially everything I know about the test has now been published. You can now learn nearly everything I know by reading the documents uploaded by I.H. in the trial (especially Exhibit 5), and Rossi's interview with Lewan. See:

https://drive.google.com/file/…MAp9HMEQyeHZlX256U1E/view

https://animpossibleinvention.…ilding-plus-more-updates/

Let me summarize the data I have seen, which is described accurately in these two sources:

Flow 36,000 kg/day exactly. Pressure 0.0 bar exactly. Fluid temperature 102.8°C (varying by a few degrees).

That's all there is to it. If you would like to make your own version of Penon's data, make a table with days on the y-axis, and fill in 3 columns with those numbers, adding a slight variation to the fluid temperature.

Penon listed the flow rate as 36,000 kg/day and then arbitrarily subtracted 10% from that, as Rossi told Lewan. I do not know what justification he had for doing that.

The water reservoir temperature is shown once at 60°C. That is also the number Rossi quoted. Exhibit 5 has a more precise number: 68.7°C.

Note that in the Lewan interview, Rossi implies that 36,000 kg is an average. He does not say it is the exact value in his data. He lied about that. I expect he wanted to give the impression it was an average, because I think many people realize that saying it is exactly 36,000 per day is absurd. But his data shows exactly that much for each day. As you see from the instrument it can only show an even multiple of thousands, which is also absurd, for this volume of fluid.

• No, I never did. In fact, I dropped hint after hint that was the reason. I was a little disappointed that no one here figured it out. (Or if they did, they did not contact me.)

So you never talked of how unbelievable such "round" numbers were? Nothing to evoke the message that round numbers indicated made up numbers? Nothing to evoke the message that round numbers were suspicious?

• So you never talked of how unbelievable such "round" numbers were?

Well of course they are unbelievable!! Do you think this meter happened to collect exactly 36,000 kg of water, plus minus not even 1 kg, every day, for months? That's preposterous. When you see numbers like that, you know the instrument was screwy. Far too imprecise for the stated purpose. Either it is a screwy choice of instruments, or someone just made up the numbers. In this case, it was both, because they showed that magic 36,000 even on days when the reactor was turned off and there was no flow.

Even knowing it measures only to the nearest thousand, it is preposterous to imagine that by some fantastic coincidence it came out at exactly 36,000 every day. It would be 35,000 one day, 36,000 or 37,000 another day.

Who the heck would select such an instrument in the first place? Would you measure a key parameter with an instrument that can only measure ~30 units per day? Who does that???

Everything about it is Alice-in-Wonderland unbelievable.

Nothing to evoke the message that round numbers indicated made up numbers?

They were made up! He recorded the same number every day, including days when the reactor was turned off.

Mind you, I think people did observe the instrument click every 40 minutes or so. It did record something approximately like 36,000 kg/day. But anyone seeing that would say it's nuts, and they did say that. Also, as noted, they discovered the pipe was half empty.

Rossi's own description clearly stated this instrument measures to the nearest 1,000 kg. I could hardly believe it. It's one of the craziest things I have seen, and I've see a lotta crazy in cold fusion.

• Well of course they are unbelievable!! Do you think this meter happened
    to collect exactly 36,000 kg of water, plus minus not even 1 kg, every
    day, for months?

'Common. You know the message you evoked was that the 36,000 kg of water was suspicious because it was exactly 36,000, to wit. Not because it was 36,000 versus 35,000 or 37,000. And why would a pump that is configured to pump a certain amount of water vary by 1000 kg from day to day or even month to month?

Far too imprecise for the stated purpose.

Wrong, as clearly discussed over on ECW in excruciating detail.

Either it is a screwy choice of instruments, or someone just
    made up the numbers.

I can think of plenty of scenarios that require neither of these.

In this case, it was both, because they showed that magic 36,000 even on days when the reactor was turned off and there was no flow.

Why would the pump need to be disabled when the reactor portion of plant was turned off or running at less than full capacity?

Even knowing it measures only to the nearest thousand, it is preposterous to imagine that by some fantastic coincidence it came out
    at exactly 36,000 every day. It would be 35,000 one day, 36,000 or 37,000 another day.

Not too hard to imagine, actually.

Who the heck would select such an instrument in the first place?

Apparently the ERV.

They were made up!

And your evidence for this is?

He recorded the same number every day,

If that is what the reading was every day, then that is what should have been recorded.

including days when the reactor was turned off.

See above.

Mind you, I think people did observe the instrument click every 40 minutes or so. It did record something approximately like 36,000 kg/day.

Well, there you go.

But anyone seeing that would say it's nuts, and they did say that.

Perhaps those saying it's nuts are the ones who are acting like nuts?

Also, as noted, they discovered the pipe was half empty.

When? Under what conditions?

Rossi's own description clearly stated this instrument measures to the nearest 1,000 kg.

Which is entirely consistent with what we know now.

I could hardly believe it. It's one of the craziest things I have seen, and I've see a lotta crazy in cold fusion.

What is the craziest thing you have seen?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.