Industrial Heat Amends Answer to Rossi’s Complaint on Aug 11th

How do the terms you've highlighted nominally reject cultist academia while stealthily reinforcing its authority?

The terms highlighted in the 2nd paragraph, which starts by seemingly rejecting ("Another option, a better one" and then a barrage of loaded ideas) blind adherence to <reasonable academic belief> (1st paragraph) , stealthily reinforce cultist academia from the 1st

Why would people enamored with toxic status quo would force anything else but circular thinking on people?

• The terms highlighted in the 2nd paragraph, which starts by seemingly rejecting ("Another option, a better one" and then a barrage of loaded ideas) blind adherence to <reasonable academic belief> (1st paragraph) , stealthily reinforce cultist academia from the 1st

Here you've simply restated your earlier assertion. You need to expand upon it by giving more details.

Why would people enamored with toxic status quo would force anything else but circular thinking on people?

Who are you referring to that is enamored of the toxic status quo? What is the circular thinking? How does one force circular thinking on people?

• i want to underscore this analysis. IH was created by experienced venture capitalists who did not just jump with a major investment believing a single demonstration. They would have known that there was skepticism about Lugano early on. There was the December 2014 detailed report on Lugano by Michael McKubre, which, while it was inclined to accept the result, also pointed out the severe defects that "reduced credibility."

http://www.infinite-energy.com…ne/issue118/analysis.html. My recollection is that the major points McKubre covers were previously raised on the private CMNS list. The lack of calibration at full power was appalling, and McKubre points out, as I did many times, that the excuse given was "not plausible." Yet to my knowledge, the Lugano team never addressed any of the shortcomings, beyond a quip from Levi on the Lewan blog.

So IH would have addressed the defects, and when they did, they found no excess heat, apparently. That means "within experimental error," or it could mean "not significantly outside of experimental error." The best construction on this from a Rossi-fan point of view would be that maybe there was some small heat. But the Rossi claims were not for small heat. They were for large and sustained heat.

It is apparent to me that Industrial Heat determined, in 2012, to "crush the tests," to not be content with vague results. It was obvious that Rossi was not allowing independent testing, anyone who researched the history of Rossi, and especially though private conversations with the LENR research community, would have known that this went way back, to 2009. They realized that to find out, with highest probability of success, if the Rossi Effect was real, they had to buy it and test it for themselves. Rossi had made this difficult and expensive (another red flag). They knew that trusting Penon's report on the Ferrara Validation Test was hazardous, they knew it was inferior. They accepted that with eyes wide open, my sense.

So why didn't the Guaranteed Performance Test happen in North Carolina? The evidence presents indicates that Rossi would not agree to it. It would have been an independent test! (Even if Penon was ERV, which was a bad idea in itself, IH would have had full access to that Test. No fake customer, no Rossi barring the door. Rossi needed to arrange a "Test" where he had full access, and that this required some fraud, too bad. The hard thing to understand here is that he imagined he could get away with it. Was there a real customer behind JM Products? It doesn't actually matter all that much, though if there wasn't, the fraud becomes truly obvious. The core of the Doral power sale was to set up what would look like a GPT, with him being in complete control, and thus to claim $89 million. It was not as represented by him, even if the "customer" was actually doing some chemical processing.

• And yet, you are still here.

The term is morbid fascination. This has been a monumental scam, very unusual in many respects.

I do want to reserve the theoretical possibility that Rossi will pull his butt out of the fire. Maybe he really does have an invisible dragon in his garage.

The scam worked to a degree because he was riding on the knowledge among LENR researchers that NiH reactions were possible. I.e,. Piantelli, Focardi....

• thinLine wrote:

It must at least be considered. But it is difficult to come to that conclusion based on a single-person delusion. Mass delusion is required.

Well, in some way. But there is no ready way to distinguish immediately between delusion, "wrong," and something unusual.

Science depends on independent confirmation. Remarkable findings may be published, and sometimes are more or less accepted, but not if they challenge common assumptions. Independent confirmation is required. The saying, often ridiculed by "fringe believers," is "extraordary claims require extraordinary evidence." It's misunderstood. Ordinary evidence suffices *if independently confirmed." The more confirmations, the better, and particularly if there is a lack of demonstration of artifact.

(The tragedy of cold fusion is that there were "negative confirmations" that were really just replication failures, but that were taken as authoritative.To come to a sound conclusion, much more careful review was required, and that was never actually done. The behavior of Nature was atrocious. The 2004 DoE review was, again, superficial and rushed.)

• I'm really looking forward to the day when Jones-Day requires James Bass, of JM, to present himself in court. That will definitely be one of those "get your popcorn ready" type of days when they question him.

If they find him. However, they will ask both Rossi and Johnson about James Bass. That will be enough, I think. James Bass may have had no idea what he was doing, he's a small fish. Perhaps if discovery turns up the person who played James Bass (or a real James Bass) that isn't just a name coincidence, a person recognized by those who met him), he would be subpoenaed. If he cooperates, I think he won't be in trouble. This runs close to a criminal edge, though.

If Rossi had not been greedy, he might have gotten away with the $10 million beyond his expenses. At that point, there may have been fraudulent conspiracy with Penon, but it might have been very difficult to prove. IH went into the Agreement, I suspect, knowing and accepting that. They needed to find out, and were willing to risk that kind of money to find out. Just not another $89 million, and the Agreement was safe enough in that regard. If it worked, fantastic! If not, well, they would move on and only act against Rossi if fraud could be proven. Or maybe they would eventually have decided to pursue a recovery, I don't know, and it might have depended on how much they wanted the hedge.

However, it looks like Rossi really wanted to extract another $89 million from them. I've mentioned that I have a working hypothesis that Rossi is insane, and may even believe that the devices work, or usually work and maybe he only needs to fudge this or that. Besides, people were trying to cheat him, so to protect himself, he needed to fool them. People with certain disorders can create a massive invented world view that can justify almost anything, all the while believing that it's "truth."

So he constructed the JM Products charade. The hardest thing to understand here is Johnson's role. Johnson, as an attorney, may have an obligation to protect client privacy, but ... in this case, even though he was Rossi's attorney in other matters, he claimed to be representing a third party as JM Products, and if the third party turns out to be, let's call it unreal, there is nobody to protect, other than perhaps a titular "owner" who actually did nothing and is not responsible. Johnson actually "ran" JM Products, to the extent that Rossi did not. It may be that his actions would be defensible, if he tells the truth about them.

Johnson is also the President of Leonardo Corporation, but, again, that may be purely formal.

I think there is a real possibility that Johnson will cooperate and avoid major liability as a result. I.e., Johnson will settle with IH on the countersuit.

I suppose I'm taking a risk by discussing this at this level without seeing the responses of Rossi and the other parties. However, Planet Rossi had no hesitation rejoicing over the lawsuit, boy, those IH fools really messed with the wrong guy! And they gloated over the "rejection" of the Motion to Dismiss, when an MTD is extremely difficult, and four counts out of eight is objectively high success. And they are still proclaiming that IH will lose, because Rossi Says.

I'm really looking forward to the day when Jones-Day requires James Bass, of JM, to present himself in court.

If they can locate such a person. Nobody has ever found and interviewed Domenico Fioravanti.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.