Industrial Heat Amends Answer to Rossi’s Complaint on Aug 11th

• This paper suggests that PdD formation may be exothermic. Did I miss something?

Well, you are not missing anything, but I somewhat oversimplified. That is, I said "electrochemical cold fusion experiments." During electrochemical reactions, as the Pd-D is formed, there is a deuterium deficit, which reduces recombination, which reduces the overall heat evolved from the cell. If it is a closed cells, there is orphaned oxygen in the headspace. The overall reaction is endothermic.

• What if this effect could be mastered, scaled up and taken advantage of for removing heat?

That is a small chemical reaction, of no possible practical use.

I believe there are endothermic nuclear reactions, but they have to be driving by exothermic nuclear reactions that occur at the same time. The overall reaction is exothermic. I have not heard that any of these endothermic nuclear reactions have been observed in cold fusion.

• I invented a long time ago a theory of "Supraradiance". (Not superadiance).

This is a Mossbauer-related effect where a collection of atoms uses their collective kinetic energy to complete the amount of energy required for a collective photon energy gap/energy level, thereby radiating all of their excess energy into a photon or photons, leaving the collection of atoms at a frame-relative 0 K temperature.

The effect is both exothermic and endothermic, in that heat (or whatever energy level) is radiated away, but the source becomes cold, and subsequent to the Supraradiant event, absorbs heat from it's neighbors via kinetic interaction.

Do what you will with that idea.

• The Customer was measuring the heat himself, with his own gauges. He was pleased. He was making a strong profit due to the cheap heat power supplied.

Right! And very conveniently, that Genius Rossi made it easy, by tight control of the reactor, so that the power was always a multiple of 250 kW, not some messy complicated number from, you know, *actual measurements."

The cross-claim defendants have 21 days from service of process to Answer.

• PdD formation from gas is exothermic. However, in electrochemical experiments, energy is required to split the heavy water into deuterium and oxygen, so that part is endothermic. Figuring out the balance is one of the tasks of someone analyzing electrochemical experiments. Later on, if deuterium is released from the palladium, it is endothermic, but then if the gas recombines, that's exothermic. Again, details matter.

• The new photos are quite interesting, and seem to contradict things said by Jed and Dewey. For example, didn't Jed insist that the wall separating the customer from the plant was a complete wall (i.e., clear to the ceiling)? Also, didn't Dewey suggest that the customer side included only a small radiator? (e.g., Dewey mentioned some additional details here indicating there is only a small radiator next door, according to Jed at I was wrong about Rossi, but what I fear most is that I might be partly right.)

Why the continued inconsistencies? Care to clarify Jed?

• Seems like the photos of the Plant and Plant Office were taken in Doral. At least some of them.
    Photo 1: Door in new Exhibit 26
    Photo 2: Door (contrast enhanced) from "ecat+MW1-USA+soldering+2".
    Note the hinge area.

It does look to be the same door along with the same wall holding it. However, the interesting thing is that in the one supposedly from NC, there is another wall right next to it.

• Official Post

After those new pictures, do we still have anyone here that believes in Rossi?

Even Acland has opened the floodgates. Anyone can post there now without censorship. That should tell you something. Yes, still some lackluster opposition for old times sake from a handful of regulars, but imaginative engineering, and eternal hope can only carry one so far before reality hits you in the face that you have been screwed. And I think that reality just came for the last few holdouts. ;)

I suggest you buy your ECW "Ecat t-shirt" now while supplies last. They are not going to be popular soon, real soon for sure. Well, maybe as a collectors item. :)

• Well, I don't know that you can make any hard conclusions simply from the photos--particularly since they seem to contradict things that Jed and Dewey have said. I view their release as more of a neutral development. Rossi claims on his blog that they don't show the ventilation system, and that the heat was for the most part being used by the customer. So, we should all withhold judgment until further evidence surfaces one way or the other. I can be very patient. I'm sure you can too.

• Official Post

I view their release as more of a neutral development.

Well, I took those pictures a little different from you. The other pics I saw before these were from Rossi on his Hydrofusion "official website", and they were grainy, and wide angle. To me, they were mean't to convey a large room, a very large room. Enough to absorb most of the heat from 600 1.7kw space heaters internally, not endothermically accounted for on the "production line"...LOLs. With the waste heat dissipated overhead in the roof, roof vents, ceiling fans, and bay loading doors.

Well, I am not an engineer by any means, but what I see now is almost a joke. This is Florida for goodness sakes. Those ceilings are insulated to contain. Solid looking for a reason. You put a huge heater in there, and you will bake....yourself!

• @Jack Cole

Oh, I know what you mean. I looked at that for a while too.
    The angle looks skewed, making the door look like it is on an angle to the wall.
    I think they used a wide angle lens and it distorts things quite a bit. Very artsy.
    Notice that the table top outside the container is parallel with the door top, and the container opening is (in appearance) spreading wider at the top, but still parallel on the left side to the door long dimension. (in the original photo)

• The new photos are quite interesting, and seem to contradict things said by Jed and Dewey.

I do not think that low wall hides the customer site. As I said before, it would not hide anything from me. I would just clamber up and find out what's in there. I have heard the customer site is in the next suite.

However, I was not there, so I could be wrong.

• You put a huge heater in there, and you will bake....yourself!

That certainly has been one of IH's main lines of attack. But I don't buy it. A small insulated chimney connecting the plant output to the ceiling could easily vent the heat when not in use. It isn't as if the heat is dissipated freely into the internal area. That would be stupid. Yes, some of the heat will be dissipated, naturally, but why would anyone just dump a bunch of heat into the room?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.