E-Catworld moderation process?

• Hi Bob,

Have pending orders with Leonardo, in time order, for:

5 x 10kW domestic reactors

10 x 1MW low temp reactors fir a customer who have delayed the process due to the legal activity

5 x 50kW QuarkX reactors for my Remote Area plant that is self powered

http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…ystem-concept-engineer48/

2 x 1MW reactors for local commercial heat customers

Hoping for my team & myself to be trained during the Leonardo install of their next few US reactors

Where possible, will keep the forums informed.

• My client's pays me. I expect my team will deliver much more of value to the client than the ECat.

I debate the issue, I don't attack unless you consider having your opinion questioned is an attack?

As far as I know, I have never had posts deleted, disappeared by Disqus yes but not deleted my someone.

The situations I am speaking of were more or less a group banter usually consisting of myself or myself and one other person arguing a point against a large group of Rossi supporters, which is common on E-Scat World. On numerous occasions MANY of my posts were deleted (actually said deleted in my history) right in the middle of the banter while those on the Rossi side were allowed to continue with even personal attacks (yours were not very personal from my recollection). The first one or two times I experienced this, I wrote it off..but then I experienced a definitely distinct pattern of being silenced.

If you are being paid by your clients rather than by Rossi for consulation/leads etc, then I do retract my statement as I misunderstood thinking Rossi was to compensate you. My apologizes on that.

• @E48,
    For the most part you are right. As I mentioned above.
    Frank will, and does, moderate.
    However, these deleted posts leave a "This post has been deleted" or something similar in their place so the thread doesn't break.
    I have also seen posts appear, then change to a "this post is being moderated. See comment" (where you can click on the see comment). Then disappear, then reappear.

• As far as I know, I have never had posts deleted, disappeared by Disqus yes but not deleted my someone.

it looks like deletion shows in the profile. Software glitches can create lack of confidence in management of a site, especially if it is never acknowledged.

• Moderators set up the triggers for requiring moderation. Key words are possible, and a user may be set to require moderation. That has obviously happened to me. That could possibly be automatic based on these or thoset criteria, user votes ("reputation"), etc., but ultimately the site owner is responsible. Key would be the appearance in the profile. Pending posts should show in the profile, also removed posts.

If there are software problems, they should be disclosed so that users can compensate (for example, keeping a copy of posts, if they care).

• Official Post

Hoping for my team & myself to be trained during the Leonardo install of their next few US reactors

Engineer,

Out of curiosity, have you ever met anyone from Leonardo other than Rossi? I know he says Leonardo has 33 employees, but I have never been able to find any "brick and mortar" under the Leonardo banner, and the only website is through Hydrofusions "ecat.com".

We know literally nothing of Leonardo after all these years, and anything you might add would be helpful.

I do not blame Frank for wanting to keep the site from becoming ecat.com. That site became a virulent place.

You mean ecatnews.com which was initially heavily censored until the owner, pseudonym "Paul Story" realized Rossi never had anything. Then he allowed unfettered discourse for both believers (like that moron Greenwin) and skeptics. Virulent? I doubt it. It was just an open debate. Story did remove posts and posters who made no contributions except nonsense and insults... and those who impersonated others... like Greenwin.

Ecatnews.com is now closed because Story got tired of moderating it once Rossi bit the dust.

• You mean ecatnews.com which was initially heavily censored until the owner, pseudonym "Paul Story" realized Rossi never had anything. Then he allowed unfettered discourse for both believers (like that moron Greenwin) and skeptics. Virulent? I doubt it. It was just an open debate. Story did remove posts and posters who made no contributions except nonsense and insults... and those who impersonated others... like Greenwin.

Ecatnews.com is now closed because Story got tired of moderating it once Rossi bit the dust.

Yes, my mistake. I meant ecatnews.com not ecat.com. Thank you for the correction.
    Paul indeed, initially tried much like Frank, to keep the place a "reasonable" forum. I believed he allowed more "questioning" that Frank does but that may be only my perspective.
    Paul stopped moderating it a couple of years ago and left the site open. It became very nasty with no real purpose other that the two "sides" to sling mud and insult each other.

I believe you are correct in that the site now no longer accepts posts but Paul stopped moderating it a few years back.

• Thank you for your response. As I am curious could you offer the following :
    1) Are any of your customers willing to be "public"?
    2) Have you had any conversations with Rossi other than email. I.E. formal talks regarding terms, time lines and contract specifics?
    3) If yes to #2, has contract talks included any performance verification methods? I am not asking about payment terms but specific
    methods of how performance would be measured before payment is rendered? I.E. no ERV, but your own people etc.?
    4) Has any estimated time frame been given to you on training at upcoming installations so you can plan travel, room and board and
    other contingencies?
    5) Do you have a milestone and "target date" set that if serious progress has not been made, you must write off the venture as implausible?
    6) Lastly and perhaps most difficult to answer, in the past 3 months, what has transpired that has given you the most confidence
    that any contracts or PO's with Leonardo Corp. will be realized?

Thank you for your willingness to discuss this. I am truly interested to hear of your experiences. I must admit that I am not overly
    optimistic about the potential for success in your venture. I genuinely do want you to be successful and hope that success is seen
    in the relative near future! It will be a big boost to LENR and really big to Rossi. However it is a double edge sword as well. If another
    6 months goes by and there is no movement from the current status, if the QuarkX has "evolved" to the QuarkZ etc. etc., I would have to
    think that the possibility of a likely venture would be severely diminished and this would be another blemish on the Rossi story.

Sincerely,
    Bob

• As far as I know, I have never had posts deleted, disappeared by Disqus yes but not deleted my someone.

This is not based on a search, just on my impressions. I find Engineer48 collaborate and cooperative, and not vituperative. Yes, I think he's naive in some ways, but that's his privilege

Assuming he is telling the truth -- which is always where I start -- he is a Rossi "insider," having direct communication with Rossi, which makes his participation valuable, just as Dewey Weaver was the only true IH insider writing anywhere.

Jed Rothwell apparently has some level of inside information -- as he has for years, because people trust him and tell him things -- but it's sketchy and sometimes quite incomplete. I have the tiniest amount, mostly it makes no difference at all. Recently some people in the field have been deciding to trust me with confidential information. I respect those requests, and it's become more important for me, as to my own work, to understand more broadly what is going on.

• What ever another blog Admin does on their own blog, is their own business.

Engineer48 is a strong believer in Rossi. He came here (possibly) to say something and answer questions. Go Eng 48.

Discus BTW, does eat the living crap out of comments especially if you use UBlock or Adblock from my personal experience. We need to encourage people that either agree or disagree that we here have an open forum where they will not be mocked.
    So go lenr forum. We need honest and open discussion. If we get any ECW guests they should be treated fairly.

• Official Post

I have lost comments to the Disqus-bot myself. Including one to ECW recently. I use Ad-Blocker and Ghostery - maybe that has something to do with it?

As for 'honest and open discussion' that is I hope everybody's aim, it is certainly mine. Mockery schmokery!, humuor is fine by me, even when spelt 'humor', but name calling is a definite no-no.

• As of a few days ago, I had only found one deleted comment of mine on E-Catworld, I give it above.

There is now another.

It had been written as a question for a relatively new user, on the face if it, This was the context:

I wrote:

Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax frank 2 days ago [Removed]
    Uh, whose blog is this?

Interesting to me is that I'd seen frank's post below mine and I may have gone to it from a Discus notification, I'm not sure. I was asking about the assumption underneath frank's comment. But I thought he was asking me. I'm bemused.

They are going to a lot of trouble to read and approve all my posts for practically no effect.

Sifferkoll seems to have disappeared, no activity I've seen since August 12, a week ago.

• Abd, this sounds a bit like something one of your granddaughters would complain about.

Ah, George Hody, nothing if not a trolling impersonator. I did not complain, above, I described. I even described my own error. It is amusing that I was apparently put on moderation with no substantial history of deleted posts. It does tend to suppress my participation, it will delay responses substantially, which has an impact on discussion. I do not know what policies, if any, are being followed. I did describe, above, the stated policy, which seems to be largely ignored, but then, perhaps, only used arbitrarily.

As a moderator, I have put people on moderation -- very rarely -- when posts cause actual harm. It's, hopefully, a temporary measure, perhaps when a discussion has become heated and dominated by ad-hominem. I put Mary Yugo on moderation on newvortex for that reason, and Mary promptly unsubscribed, as I recall. Her choice. Mary was otherwise welcome. And a history of accepted posts would have led me to take her off of moderation.

Moderation can cause warping of overall site neutrality, if selectively enforced. So outrageous comments followed by an outrageous answer, if the latter is made by a moderated user, may result in the response to an outrageous comment being deleted, but not the triggering outrage. These can accumulate.

Site ownership has the right to do what they choose. However, sometimes there are representations that create obligations.

• Bob with reference to ecatnews.com:

It became very nasty with no real purpose other that the two "sides" to sling mud and insult each other.

No. The site contained lively debate about LENR in general and Rossi in particular. It would, or certainly should, have been of help to anyone unwise enough to invest in Rossi. I bet Darden and Vaughn now fervently regret not paying that site much more attention.

• Engineer 48, are you not even a little suspicious of Rossi? Has your company given him money? Have you ever seen a Quark reactor in operation with performance gauging instrumentation in place and presumably working? Any Rossi reactor with such instrumentation?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.