Gold From Mats Lewan’s Impossible Invention Book (Engineer48)

• The Clarke paper was not the first major critique, the problems with the Lugano report were covered before the end of 2014. The possibility of salted samples was obvious, and allowing Rossi to be the one to take the samples was a setup for that. How did that happen? I think Rossi created it. He always wanted, I suspected by the end of 2011, everything to be inconclusive, suspicious. Why? I don't know. But it has long been obvious, too many coincidences, too many incidents for this to just be some accident.

I was quite excited to first read the Lugano report, but was disappointed after reading it was quite clear they didn't do a proper calibration. I figured they would get it right this time around after not doing a proper calibration in TPR1, but they didn't. I didn't understand the technical issues for how it was ultimately debunked at that point and held out some hope. Alas, it was utterly invalid.

Rather unexpected, eh? Unless, of course, this was a salted sample prepared back then, in 2014, and simply provided again to Bo. Simple. Not unexpected.

Both samples were almost certainly salted. In fact, the second salting proves the first and vice versa. There were theories (Axil I think) that the secret sauce of NI62 was already in the tube and mixed and was shook out of the tube. With the 1MW show, there was no need for anything like that. Given the most optimistic estimates of excess heat (in line with Parkhomov's supposed 1 month of excess heat), there is just simply no way all those isotopic shifts happened in Lugano. They didn't happen in any other experiment, but it magically happens for AR. He admitted to "contamination" of a previous sample with copper, but allowed people to go on and on with theories of copper production from NI. He probably salted that one too, but had to fess up due to the perfectly natural isotopic distribution of copper (oops).

• It would be interesting to know what the fuel composition was that IH supplied for the test. Did they send pure natural nickel with some normal isotope LAH, or was it spiked with something that would/could show up (or be clearly absent) if any switcheroo foolishness was attempted? How is it that the chain of custody of the fuel was known to be broken en route to Lugano, if the fuel was only made of mundane Ni and LAH? (Why would it matter if the chain of custody was broken, if the fuel is made of ordinary materials, other than IP leaks).

The switcheroo likely happened when AR extracted the fuel from the reactor (dumping Ni62 and Li6). Some have said AR was known to have purchased samples of both Ni62 and Li6 in the past.

I could point out how homeopathy is shown to be effective in clinical studies. Mary will then point out that it is ineffective in double-blind studies. She might think I don't know that, but, of course, I do. I could mention Sniffex and how dowsing rods work (and don't work). I could mention Power Balance bracelets and how I might make a little girl happy by buying her a Chinese knock-off for a couple of dollars. She'll think it's child abuse. Mary, do you have any kids?

Abd, you're all hot air (and an astounding amount of it too!). Tell ya what, next time you have a serious infection or cancer (which I hope you never have), rely on homeopathy and eschew conventional medicine. Find yourself threatened by the possibility of mines or explosives? Get out of it with a Sniffex. And if you need to lift heavy weights, rely on a Power Band, but be sure to check with your chiropractor first! There is a Darwin's Law.

Abd here has advanced the idea (you might consider excuse) that IH had to do what they did to knock the destructive planet Rossi Ni-H meme on the head..

LOL, Blech! What Darden did was stupidity and lack of concern for OPM (other people's money), not altruism. In the modern US, CEO's always win, even if they lose. Even if they are fired ("golden parachutes"). No matter what they do.

There was no way to test Rossi's technology "at a cost of less than $100K." How would he get his hands on it to test? He did not actually have any access to the technology until he spent $11.5 million, in 2013. What Mary Yugo is ignoring is the actual situation on the ground, and she is second-guessing experts, people who obviously know very well what they are doing, and that are able to inspire confidence in others to support them.

And their expertise is evidenced by the facts that they misspent $11.5M of OPM, they have nothing whatever to show for it, and they are embroiled in a costly lawsuit where there is at least a small (very small) chance that they could lose another $89M. Brilliant strategy it was. Very bright people those experts Abd extolls. If Rossi would not go with the cheap fast test, that should have been reply enough. Just like Steorn, Defkalion, Carl Tilley and all the other pretenders to what amounts to free energy. They all crumble at the proposal of proper and independent testing. Celani allowed testing and crumbled And likely, Brillouin and Miley will also, one way or another.

Steve Krivit, for example, who has developed a whole conspiracy theory about mainstream LENR researchers, that they are out to prove that cold fusion is "d-d fusion," his bete noir. So then he alleges data falsification, etc., and has attempted to create employer sanctions against at least one target.

Krivit is a brilliant reporter (vastly more astute and perspicacious than Lewan) who took the trouble to visit Rossi, take photos and video, and research the Italian newspapers and literature thoroughly, proving without the slightest doubt that Rossi was a criminal. He also showed via interviews on Youtube that Levi was either incompetent or dishonest. Darden would have been vastly better off and his company would now be more than $11.5M + legal costs richer had he consulted Krivit instead of Levi and some unknown and undistinguished Swedish professors. What I fail to understand about Krivit is his support for Widom Larsen theory but I don't know much about that.

Mary, you have the crazy idea that Darden would put $1.5 million of his own money (because that is probably what he did in 2012) without doing his research?

How do you know Darden did that? CEO's don't use their own money when their fund they control is measured in billions! Did you just divine this with a dowsing rod? By the way, what research do you, with your fertile imagination, think he performed that led him to the concept that a $100+ million set of contracts with Rossi was a good idea? (ROTFWL!)

Darden made money. [on the Rossi matter]

That remains to be seen. But if he made money on idiotic claims following a lack of due diligence, he will lose his reputation and a lot of the investors will pull out and ask (or sue for) their money back. You really think the Chinese will keep their money in IH, or whatever the new company is, after Rossi crashes in flames and Brillouin continues, as it has consistently done for 4 years, to accomplish absolutely nothing credible? Why would they? There is no high power LENR and that is what they were told they were investing in. I doubt that the Chinese will be content to spend $100M or more on arguments about whether inconsistent low power results of Pd-D tests are real and junk science like Celani did.

The rest of Abd's post to me is incoherent drivel and ad homs. And way way too much text. Typical.

• The switcheroo likely happened when AR extracted the fuel from the reactor (dumping Ni62 and Li6). Some have said AR was known to have purchased samples of both Ni62 and Li6 in the past.

I am pretty sure Parkhomov never did a switcheroo. Having met him face to face and discussed his work and much more, I found him to be positively saintly. Before anyone mentions it (that's you. Mary) I and AN Other ( skeptical data expert) spent 2 days checking his raw data and found that the alleged (and apparently) photoshopped graph was caused by a software artifact - we could reproduce at will by doing what P did- having too many data points. Thus I think it is possible to assume that transmutation occurs even without significant XSH. In Transition metals and in Pd/D etc.

Otherwise everybody here might as well pack up and go home.

• I am pretty sure Parkhomov never did a switcheroo. Having met him face to face and discussed his work and much more, I found him to be positively saintly. Before anyone mentions it (that's you. Mary) I and AN Other ( skeptical data expert) spent 2 days checking his raw data and found that the alleged (and apparently) photoshopped graph was caused by a software artifact - we could reproduce at will by doing what P did- having too many data points. Thus I think it is possible to assume that transmutation occurs even without significant XSH. In Transition metals and in Pd/D etc.

Alan, not sure what you are talking about with Parkhomov. I was referring to AR doing a switcharoo, not Parkhomov.

Not true on the software artifact since Parkhomov admitted to the photoshopping issuing a mea culpa.

• Well, I'm pretty that was a language problem jack- he admitted to the artifact - but the data was good and his software was crap. I did understand you were talking about Rossi- but I was making the point that it isn't true in every case that transmutation products are only obtained by fraud.

• So here is the mail Parkhomov sent to Stefano Marcellini explaining what he did and why. You'll have to admit that it doesn't exactly sound like "my software was crap" or "the graph was caused by a software artifact - that could be reproduced at will but sadly never made it into Microsoft's bug list for any version of Excel ever". Not even slightly.

Dear Stefano Marcellini, I admire your observation and I repent of the sin.The matter is that the laptop on which there was a record of temperature, worked steadily only when was disconnected from the power supply network and was powered from the accumulator [I assume he means battery]. Therefore sometimes it was necessary to interrupt record for recharge of the accumulator. It occurred at temperatures about 460, 1020, 1120, 1160 and 1200 oC. At this time temperature was recorded on the paper recorder and measured by pointer indicator. These devices showed the values of temperature close to the specified. That the plot looked beautiful and I didn’t cause the questions distracting from the main point, such peculiar interpolations were made. It, of course a great sin and I sincerely repent. However it doesn’t influence results of research in any way. I assure you that in results of measurement of power consumption and pressure of any shifts it wasn’t made.I send you the Excel file with the data obtained during experiment on which pauses in registration of temperature are designated by admissions of rows.Once again I admire your sharp observation and high professionalism. I hope that this incident won’t make the attitude towards me and my researches hostile. Alexander Parkhomov

• The day the first E-Cats or QuackXs (XD XD XD) get rolled out of factory and successfully installed at clients', you will see all the Jed Rothwells, Mary Yugos, Eric Walkers, Jack Coles and assorted FUD machines, scrambling to find new reasons for the scam to go on unchallenged:
    - The energy produced by the E-Cats is beamed down from Sirius, on undetectable wavelengths
    - There are mini-fission devices inside the E-Cats, providing buffer energy. Once it's gone, Rossi will be too, happily living off his condos' revenues in some taxless island.
    - The clients are actually part of the scam. After italian scientists (who are all crooks raised by Mafia), it will be the swedish professors and heat businesses who'll be privy and complicit to Rossi's nefarious plots.
    - There is no excess heat provided by the gadget, which doesn't work. There is however mass self-hypnosis at work, for reasons unknown. Swamp gas is being investigated.

The day the first E-Cats or QuackXs (XD XD XD) get rolled out of factory and successfully installed at clients'

This is exactly what I tell all the doubters, nay-sayers and pathoskeps when they - against all evidence to the contrary - stubbornly and childishly insist that Elvis is dead. Just you wait for the day a pink spaceship gracefully touches down on your lawn, a ramp extends and The King himself steps out chanting "Love me tender". What will they come up with then? I can't wait to see their faces.

• The day the first E-Cats or QuackXs (XD XD XD) get rolled out of factory and successfully installed at clients', you will see all the Jed Rothwells, Mary Yugos, Eric Walkers, Jack Coles and assorted FUD machines, scrambling to find new reasons for the scam to go on unchallenged:

Quack X, yes.

QU is positing the Hour that The Ship Comes In, when all wrongs are righted, when the unrecognized are recognized and successful, a positive version of an ancient story, the Day that Debts fall due.

On that day, if it arises like that, I will be laughing. "You really had us fooled, Andrea! This was the most amazing practical joke in history, ever."

Then someone taps me on the shoulder, "Er, have these actually been independently verified? Have you noticed that all the "clients" are owned by "entities" that want to remain secret, through shell corporations headed by Rossi's lawyer?"

And I'll say, "No, I haven't noticed that. Is that true? That sounds ridiculous to me! How would he ever think he could get away with that?"

- The energy produced by the E-Cats is beamed down from Sirius, on undetectable wavelengths
    - There are mini-fission devices inside the E-Cats, providing buffer energy. Once it's gone, Rossi will be too, happily living off his condos' revenues in some taxless island.
    - The clients are actually part of the scam. After italian scientists (who are all crooks raised by Mafia), it will be the swedish professors and heat businesses who'll be privy and complicit to Rossi's nefarious plots.
    - There is no excess heat provided by the gadget, which doesn't work. There is however mass self-hypnosis at work, for reasons unknown. Swamp gas is being investigated.

It is actually far more likely that Rossi is beaming down QuackX (thank you for that new meme btw) from Planet Rossi if you think about it. By doing so he is able to not only control all aspects of the devices, but also all licensing rights on Planet Rossi. Should be interesting to see if those on Planet Rossi start following Engineer48 as the next prophet after the E-Cat is proven to be a hoax especially as ME356 has disappeared into the LENR vacuum.

Speaking of disappearing, where is good old Sufferkill lately? Quite odd that he has gone silent unless I missed some posts by our darling Rossi Supporter-In-Chief!

I am pretty sure Parkhomov never did a switcheroo. Having met him face to face and discussed his work and much more, I found him to be positively saintly. Before anyone mentions it (that's you. Mary) I and AN Other ( skeptical data expert) spent 2 days checking his raw data and found that the alleged (and apparently) photoshopped graph was caused by a software artifact - we could reproduce at will by doing what P did- having too many data points. Thus I think it is possible to assume that transmutation occurs even without significant XSH. In Transition metals and in Pd/D etc.

What was the P transmutation evidence? I don't remember anything standing out.

Fuel in the AP2 reactor (150MJ of excess heat) showed a significant increase in the content of Cr, K, Si, Na, Mg, Ca, Ti, V, and a decrease in Ni, Mn, Cl, Zn, Cu, Al. A small increase in the ratio of 6Li / 7Li was observed. In the fuel analysis of the Chinese reactor (>13MJ of excess heat) a slight decrease in the 6Li content was revealed.

Thanks! Yes, that is what I remember. The elemental shifts are surely explainable by leaching, contamination, etc. The isotopic shift is small enough not to be significant, it could for example easily be due to selective diffusion - and in any case it is inconsistent between different experiments.

Obviously that is just a cursory view - so others cleverer may have found something more revealing.

• Inconsistency is not a surprise - all these experiments were basically very different. Different reactor geometry, different fuel mixes, different heat profiles, located on different continents. They are not one experiment done 4X, but 4 experiments done once - all showing some isotopic shifts.

• The simplest method would be to have 5 or more grams of Ni62 and some amount of Li6 already in the reactor, IMO. I think Bob H suggested this before I came to a similar conclusion.

The first time I saw this suggestion was by Bob Higgins, here (worth reading for anyone who hasn't read it already).

I also recall the isotopic analysis by Bo Hoisted that was released recently, which was very similar to the ash analysis in the Lugano test, mentioned "fuel" in the title (as you pointed out). My current thinking is that the 62Ni-enriched "ash" in the Lugano test was the same as the "fuel," and it was random luck that a fuel particle was sampled from a heterogeneous mix that was different in composition from the ash. In this scenario, one is not required to assume that there was a motive to undermine the isotope analysis, although the Lugano team will have been put in an awkward position not to have been corrected by Rossi after they released their report.

• @Eric Walker,
    I don't think it was random luck, but I agree that the fuel and ash were likely the same.
    They simply tested some of what Rossi was about to pour in for fuel. The odds were quite good that the ash would come out different than what was put in, if there was enough inside already to overwhelm the tiny fuel charge. Rossi might not have anticipated that they would check individual particles, however.

• @Eric Walker,
    I don't think it was random luck, but I agree that the fuel and ash were likely the same.
    They simply tested some of what Rossi was about to pour in for fuel. The odds were quite good that the ash would come out different than what was put in, if there was enough inside already to overwhelm the tiny fuel charge. Rossi might not have anticipated that they would check individual particles, however.

At the temperature of operation of the ECat used in the Lugano test, the Lithium contained in the LiAlH4 is vaporized, and consequently was distributed evenly within the volume of the E-Cat. In contrast, the Nickel fuel remained in a solid or liquid state. At the time of sampling after one month of operation, Nickel was found to be encrusted on the internal surface of the reactor, from which a 2 mg sample of “ash” was obtained near to the center of the charge. Starting with an initial charge of approximately 1 gram, it cannot be said that the 2 mg sample was necessarily representative of the entire Nickel charge, but it remains to be explained how the isotopic ratios in the 2 mg sample show predominantly 62 28Ni34.

• Engineer48 has given a lot more details in the ECW comments section. He's coming up with some interesting ideas and isn't as secretive as he appeared to be with his original post.

Would have been nice to see it discussed, but I guess this thread has gone totally off topic.