Gold From Mats Lewan’s Impossible Invention Book (Engineer48)

• Quote from Engineer48: “
    Hi GameOver,

Why do you think the NI, LI and LiAlH4 are all mixed together as the fuel in a Rossi reactor?”
    Why do you think that I think this? I'm saying that it has been the case in all Parkhomov-type experiment conducted…

Hi GameOver,

Plan to have the Li in a chemically isolated jacket around the Ni and to manually hydrogenate the NI prior to the power on, so to avoid needing LiAlH4.
    Believe others have successfully used a Li jacket, which of course becomes liquid.
    From my reading there is ample info on how to successfully manually hydrogenate the Ni.

• Hi David,

Yup on the chemically isolated Li jacket around the Ni.

Except if the Ni has a very high BET area, all that may be needed is to manually hydrogenate, which has significant advantages as you have complete control over the process and no temp or pressure issues as the Li and LiAlH4 is not there to make the process complex.

This may also allow the reactor fuel tube to operate vertically so the liquid Li stays at the bottom of it's jacket.

Mixing the Ni, Li and LiAlH4 all together may actually have made replication much more difficult.

Engineers like KISS.

• Official Post

Or just manually hydrogenate the Ni and avoid the added complexity?

Well, unless you have the correct equipment Hydrogen loading tends to be a slow process. I do it but the equipment I have means that I require (to be safe) 4 cycles of Hydrogenation/Heating/Vacuuming at a max temperature of 200C and using Hydrogen at BarG. This is in part because it is very difficult to get a Hydrogen storage permit in the UK, as well as a high-pressure heated flask to do the Hydrogenation in. Storing Acetylene in the UK is no problem. Want to store Hydrogen?- My goodness one would think you wanted to store Dynamite! So I make my own Hydrogen at atmospheric pressure. And you also need good equipment to tell you just how well the process has worked. It is 'Cordon Bleu' cookery.

Using LIAlH4 is much more straightforward IMHO.

• I remain convinced that these "logistics" problems are the major cause of replications failures .
    We can't make fast loading / unloading amplitudes with LAH.

Hi David,

My assumption as well, so will follow the Italians and plan to manually hydrogenate.

Once that is working well, then maybe time to try other hydrogenation methods.

Learn to crawl 1st, before learning to walk, before learning to run, before going to the Olympics.

• Official Post

Actually I suspect it was written by a very close competitor or an ex-collaborator of Rossi who had access to the same people from Ferrara and UniBo in Italy:

Your guess was quite correct. De Bellis -(who I am told is a very nice guy) knows all the players (including Rossi) on the LENR scene in both UniBo and Siena. The patent is concerned with remediation of nuclear waste of course. The device AFAIK has never been built, and if you check out the patent it really does involve chucking every known and unknown method of stimulating the reaction into the mix. Personally except as a source of ideas, I would not take this too seriously.

• David Fojt,

If the Ni powder is really made to move at a relatively high speed inside the reactor could it not be that you do not really need hydrides to generate a flux of hydrogen over their surface? The movement of the particles through the gas…

Hi GameOver.

Thanks for the paper.

Another duck & weave around Ni+H releasing energetic protons to trigger the aneutronic p+Li7 fusion reaction.

• Your guess was quite correct. De Bellis -(who I am told is a very nice guy) knows all the players (including Rossi) on the LENR scene in both UniBo and Siena. The patent is concerned with remediation of nuclear waste of course. The device AFAIK has never been built, and if you check out the patent it really does involve chucking every known and unknown method of stimulating the reaction into the mix. Personally except as a source of ideas, I would not take this too seriously.

Are you saying that the sections named "Experiment 1" ... "Experiment 4" in the patent are completely invented?

• Official Post

I remain convinced that these "logistics" problems are the major cause of replications failures .
    We can't make fast loading / unloading amplitudes with LAH.

I am experimenting with using a pump for upping the Hydrogen pressure...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dc12v-Peristaltic-Dosing-Tygon-Deliver/dp/B00S0FVFC4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1472213626&sr=8-5&keywords=peristaltic+pump

• Alan , by this pump how much pressure you reach ?
    it could be enough ( 4 bars ? )

Hi David,

Warning from Piantelli:

• In Alan Smith's post I see a peristaltic pump and this type of pumps is also known for its pulsating action and capability of pumping small constant doses of fluid (gas or more often liquid) per cycle.

Here there are more informations about the model linked from amazon UK:

https://honlitepump.en.alibaba…BPT_peristaltic_tube.html

Since pressure waves have been mentioned, I can try to guess that this may have something to do with them.
    Of course I may be wrong.

• Official Post

@David Fojt
    @gameover

Wellspotted gameover! - Pulsating Hydrogen is possibly important. David asked what pressure this could generate? Not much is the answer- maybe 2 Bar Absolute. For the money btw the pump I liked seems to be good value -6mm hoses for a start are better than the 3mm ones most others have. I hunted around looking at pumps for quite awhile before I found this one -seems to be better built and higher capacity than others that cost £40 or more.

That is completely wrong. Utterly, 100% wrong. There is no electric heat in most experiments. There is electrolysis in electrolytic experiments, but it can be turned off, and it often is.

That is typical of how you respond. You don't bother to understand the post you are responding to. If I am talking about "heat is heat," I am *obviously* not talking about electrolysis. I am talking about the sort of presumed reactors for which a heater is needed. That is mostly or entirely Ni-H systems, not Pd-D. I know nothing about Pd-D or electrolytic systems, I don't pretend to know about them, I don't comment about them, and I have said that many times.

I suppose if one showed me an electrolysis experiment which yielded appreciable power (>10W) at an appreciable power ratio (>6) for a long period of time without fresh fuel, was *recent* and had been replicated, my curiosity would force me to look more into it. I have not heard of any such wonders. All *recent* **claimed** experiments which meet power and power ratio and duration criteria, as far as I know, are Ni-H. And only three experiments on Storm's chart meet my arbitrary excess power requirements and you tell me with great obscurity that if I read them, I'd know why they were not duplicated. It is enough to know that the most promising appearing experiments weren't replicated. That tells me about the whole field. It is classical for junk science. No improvement in evidence over >20 years. Except, of course, Rossi and Defkalion. Their claims were the only reason I was interested in cold fusion and related topics to start with.

And of course, you go right from misunderstanding what I wrote about to ad homs. Nice.

Pierre Ordinaire:

I was being facetious, Mary, just joking!

Sorry, Pierre. The level of iron(y) in my blood was low when I read that.

Engineer48:

Rossi has given hints the reaction chamber design is complex.

But what evidence is there that it is? Rossi's first ecats, which were his best performing by far (as per Levi anyway), were made in an empty wharehouse by a nonagenarian plumber using ordinary large,coarse plumbing tools and rusty pipe. They featured a cooling jacket which could only cool the coolant fluid! Complex design? I think not by that evidence. You did see the classic photo of the tools by Krivit, taken during his visit to Rossi in 2011? They were the only tools he saw belonging to Rossi in his entire visit.

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/s…-E-Cat-Plumbers-Tools.JPG

• Official Post

Their claims were the only reason I was interested in cold fusion and related topics to start with.

Interested? Could have fooled me Mary. You started from the position 'it's all crap' and then go on to disbelieve it even more, without noticeably reading any of the research papers. This is not how 'interest' is usually manifested.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.