Rossi on QuarkX Problems and Solutions

• Official Post

[feedquote='E-Cat World','http://www.e-catworld.com/2016/08/25/rossi-on-quarkx-problems-and-solutions/']While we don’t have very much detail on the issues involved, Andrea Rossi has been reporting on the Journal of Nuclear Physics on some problems that have come up in testing the QuarkX reactor (the latest and smallest version of the E-Cat so far) There are two specific events he has referred to recently. The […][/feedquote]

• "Another questioner asked Rossi “Rating from 1 ( lowest) to 10, which is the rate you deem proper right now for the behavior of the QuarkX?” Rossi’s answer was “6.”

While the question is quite ambiguous, a rating of just over 50/50% on a world changing technology of great magnificence by the inventor himself, is quite troubling and extremely lackluster for the good "doctor". Ouch!! Something tells me there is trouble in paradise in the labs on Planet Rossi. Rossi gives the QuackX a rating of 6 out of 10 after making incredible claims of operation for months, while on the other hand Engineer48 has solved the mystery of the E-Cat from reading "gold nuggets" from Lewan's holy grail. Another day of true madness on Planet Rossi.

• while on the other hand Engineer48 has solved the mystery of the E-Cat from reading "gold nuggets" from Lewan's holy grail. Another day of true madness on Planet Rossi.

And then Mats Lewan seems to claim that the discussion of E48"s solution is proof that claims of Rossi fraud are "crap." 1=2, or maybe even 1=1, who cares, therefore pi is exactly 22/7. Got it. Any more logic lessons?

I mostly not replying on E-catworld, there is so much noise. Here is a relatively sane post, but still wrong, wrong, wrong.

Hhiram Albert D. Kallal • 21 hours ago>> The position of IH does not make sense to me unless they know something we don’t?

As to Albert's comment, IH knows a great deal that we don't know. They have revealed a tiny fraction of what they know. They worked with Rossi for years. They are the only people in the world that can say they paid over $10 million to Rossi. I know very little of what they know. Yet ... their position makes sense to me, so "does not make sense to me" is obviously subjective and personal. And, yes, it may have a great deal to do not only with what is not known, but what is "known" but not true or misleading.

I think IH's position is quite easy to make sense of, assuming that Rossi has product that works.

Actually, no. If Rossi has product that works, and if they know that, their position would be face-palm stupid. Hhiram thinks he knows some things that aren't so.

1. IH may not think the IP they can acquire from Rossi is worth $10+89 million. After all, if Rossi is telling the truth, the QuarkX is going to make the original ECat obsolete.

The Agreement requires Rossi to provide them any improvements or extended developments. They are covered by the license. Another aspect of the agreement would be non-competition, leading to the same conclusion. If Rossi has developed a device which would directly compete with the ECat, that is clearly an "improvement," and not something completely different. I don't care if it runs with mice on a treadmill, if it competes, it's clearly covered. This is a completely silly argument. If the E-Cat works as described, if the Doral plant actually generated a megawatt, IH would be in a position to start manufacturing ECats, or selling licenses. Jam today, not tomorrow with some "QuarkX."

2. IH may not have access to $89 million for additional payment. They may have entered into an agreement for that based on assumptions/plans/hopes that they could raise those funds through partnerships with other investors (e.g. in China). If they failed to get enough interest, they may simply not have the money.

Again, this completely doesn't recognize who Darden et al actually are. They cannot get money directly from Cherokee, because Cherokee is in a different business. But if the Doral plant actually generated a megawatt, and if Rossi, again, showed them how to make it, they could raise that money in a week. And if they couldn't, they would be making progress payments to Rossi. They got $50 million from Woodford. $10 or $20 million would make a nice down payment on an $89 million debt, wouldn't it? And they would offer to pay him interest.

This is just ordinary business. The problem is that without independent verification, by their engineers, of the Rossi claims, with their own studies that show the devices don't work, they could not possibly raise that money for the purpose of tossing it at Rossi in the hopes that he would reveal the Secret after having failed to do so for three years. They would have to lie to investors.

In either scenario, their best option is to use the stigma against cold fusion and Rossi's bad reputation as a way to escape from their contracted obligation to pay $89 million. Sure, it makes them look like idiots for investing $10 million in the first place, but so what?

First of all, they have not used that in the Answer. While Rossi was fiddling in Doral, IH continued to invest in LENR research, and that is still happening. They raised $50 million from Woodford, it's obvious, not based on "Rossi reality" but on "LENR reality," and I expect to see them, within a year or so, seeking governmental funding for some research. It doesn't make sense to spend money that could be used for commercial development on basic science. They are doing it now, but I suspect that this is to kick-start the field.

No, I predict that they will not use the "stigma against cold fusion" at all. Their response to Rossi Complaint paragraph 1 can look like they are, but it's actually focused only on the E-Cat technology.

I don't personally find either of those scenarios to be far-fetched.

That's because in the first place, the Agreement has not been read carefully, and the user is just reacting to uninformed discussion, and in the second place, the user has not studied what Darden et al do. $89 million is not large to them. Darden runs a $2.2 billion limited partnership, and those investors have a lot more money if the cause were clear.

Rossi has not been paid because he did not deliver working technology even if the Doral plant worked. Will it work when IH takes it back? Notice that he would not allow them to take their plant back, and this was the case well before Penon issued his report. This was immediately after the "test" ended. Rossi lied to his fans in March.

Maybe fraud by Rossi is still the most likely scenario, sure. But those other scenarios are plausible enough that I can continue to take Rossi seriously - especially now that the E48 and others have gained so much confidence in the quality of Rossi's reactor designs.

Rossi does not mention in his Complaint that he delivered working IP, even though that was central to the Agreement. He does not mention that IH was having any difficulty with getting devices to work. He focuses entirely on his largely fabricated story about IH failure to arrange a GPT -- when he probably was responsible for the delay, and on the alleged GPT in Doral, without alleging what was required for that test to start, and he attempted to redefine a sale of power, flogged to IH on that basis, as a GPT.

If IH is lying about their independent testing, if they are lying about not being able to find any excess heat in any of the tests that they controlled, then they are idiots.

However, if they are not lying, then for them to give Rossi money makes no sense at all, and the most difficult thing for most to understand would be why they refused to sell the licence back to Rossi when he allegedly offered that. Notice: allegedly. We have no factual or confirmed information on that. It's from Rossi. Still, one may wonder, why didn't they demand the money back long ago? I think I understand why, and I've explained it. It's a hedge. They are playing the odds, which is a reality for investors on that level.

What they did actually made it safe to invest in other approaches to LENR. If Rossi blows the market away, they own half of it. They would be cheering. Their minor, by comparison, other investments in LENR would have helped advanced the science, and Rossi would be creating fabulous wealth for them. For $10 million, they probably consider it worth it. And they could sell the individual reactors in the Doral plant to the denizens of Planet Rossi. With alleged secret sauce, as revealed to them by Rossi. But no guarantees. It's about 100 units, isn't it? Would the Rossifans put up $15,000 for a genuine Rossi reactor?

What would they bring on eBay? And that sale would be completely legal. They own that plant, they paid for it, entirely distinct from the License.

• While the question is quite ambiguous, a rating of just over 50/50% on a world changing technology of great magnificence by the inventor himself, is quite troubling and extremely lackluster for the good "doctor". Ouch!! Something tells me there is trouble in paradise in the labs on Planet Rossi. Rossi gives the QuackX a rating of 6 out of 10 after making incredible claims of operation for months, while on the other hand Engineer48 has solved the mystery of the E-Cat from reading "gold nuggets" from Lewan's holy grail. Another day of true madness on Planet Rossi.

Don't you see? It shows that he acknowledges problems. Had there been any problems with Penon's report, he would have acknowledged them. {end sarcasm}

Spymasters know the best way to turn a spy is for the smallest possible inducement. That way they attribute their behavior to internal factors (like belief in the cause) rather than an external inducement (like lots of money). AR can create some of the strongest believers by giving the least possible evidence (e.g., 6/10). Not sure he's quite THAT clever, but who knows.

• Quote from Frank Acland

So it sounds to me like there are still issues to be worked on with the QuarkX. Rossi’s team is still in the R&D phase with it, and that it is not yet suitable for a commercial product. I think his is to be expected with a brand new technology that is still immature, and these reports can maybe help us set realistic expectations with regard to commercialization of the QuarkX.

You've got to give it to Frank - he is nothing if not consistent!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.