NASA: EM drive paper to be published in peer reviewed journal

• Eric,
    No Arxiv that I know of. I submitted the thread as I have seen many of us on the NSF forum. Dr Rodal being the resident "goat guy" is a skeptic so to me that is interesting what he writes as a "voice of reason". I believe that the paper will be favorable as they are talking cubesats. But maybe I jumped the gun. On the theoretical side we have ER=EPR, Duality Adt/CFT superconductors etc. On the experimental side we have LENR and EM drive research.

• On the theoretical side, we have the possibility of induced electron capture, which could provide seemingly propellant-less thrust through the anisotropic emission of neutrinos. No second law violation in that case. And possibly LENR to boot.

• Official Post

Before that leak I had no public information on such a paper. :rolleyes:
    I have no public or private information to be sure, but who can be sure before the paper is printed?

Now when the paper will be published, the question will be the quality of the evidences...
    test in vacuum or not, wired or with batteries, kind of test rig, linear, or rotary, semis-static or mobile...

I have no public information. :saint: :censored: :ninja: :thumbup:

anyway the real peer review should start when published, with many proposed artifacts.
    I would consider the result positive when all artifact claims will be considered in a new batch of experiments, or dismissed properly.
    If there is no budget allotted to new experiment to sort out the doubts we could give them a cold fusion medal. :(

• There have been theories proposed that electromagnetism contains a force, a fifth force that is repulsive. In some fifth force theories, hypercharge is related to this fifth force. This EMdrive might expose this fifth force as the active agent in the propulsive force or maybe not. Science shoud get interested in finding out what is going on if the EMdrive is viable.

• We may not get an e-cat, but at least we can now look forward to hoverboards in the future. If the EM Drive is peer reviewed I am thinking this would be the biggest scientific discovery of the last 5-10 years, maybe CRISPR would be a tie with the EM Drive. I guess time will tell.

• There have been theories proposed that electromagnetism contains a force, a fifth force that is repulsive. In some fifth force theories, hypercharge is related to this fifth force. This EMdrive might expose this fifth force as the active agent in the propulsive force or maybe not. Science shoud get interested in finding out what is going on if the EMdrive is viable.

One quick hint: R.Mills theory gives an exact (magnitude of force) explanantion, including a proposal for an experiment, how the anti gravity effect can be shown using polarized electrons... May be he will wait for the paper too...

• Official Post

About theories, the one od Michael McCulloch MiHsC, is attracting my interest since few years.

recently he racted to a sequence of galaxy requiring high quantity of darkmatter. it culminated recently with 99.99% of darkmatter.

http://physicsfromtheedge.blog…fly-44-fudge-too-far.html
    for MiHsC it is inside x2 of observation without any tuning.

• Official Post

I have just now a nightmare (no negative insider data, I only have good one), that we observed manytime in LENR.
    people say there is a P-R paper accepted....
    Mindguard are warned and will lobby the editor, menacing him of losing his job, his clients, his credibility, his budget, his career, his future.
    He will quickly understand that a good editor is an obedient editor.

and paper will not be published. :censored:

No reason to think it will happen so, except past experience. :borg:

• I have just now a nightmare (no negative insider data, I only have good one), that we observed manytime in LENR.
    people say there is a P-R paper accepted....
    Mindguard are warned and will lobby the editor, menacing him of losing his job, his clients, his credibility, his budget, his career, his future.
    He will quickly understand that a good editor is an obedient editor.

and paper will not be published.

No reason to think it will happen so, except past experience.

Yes. It has happened. There is no "Mindguard," as such, but there are social phenomena that can have a similar effect.

Here is one of the ironies of cold fusion. A major skeptical author was Gary Taubes, who actually wrote an excellent book, giving much history not found elsewhere, and he seems reliable on fact; science journalism has been his career, even though he has made mistakes.

He later went on to study two areas of medical or nutritional science, salt and fat in the diet. He found a situation (with dietary fat) where political decisions were made to adopt positions and policies and recommendations that were not based on strong science, but largely on a weak epidemiological study, badly flawed, and a cascade developed such that, for years, research that showed the opposite (natural fat in the diet is not a cardiac risk factor, in itself, natural saturated fats are not harmful, but carbohydrates are) could not be published. Editors would be told that millions could die if this was wrong and was published! And then it was thought that there was no evidence countering what became the popular view, because of the suppression of publication (and biased funding of research as well).

Taubes exposed this over a decade ago, and the message has been spreading, but the older thinking is astonishingly stubborn. Taubes decided to start his own research institute to make sure that the necessary research was done. I find him an inspiration. Even if he screwed up with cold fusion.

Tiernan of the New York Times wrote some blog posts about Taubes, google "Taubes information cascade." The top two hits are the Tiernan articles.

• Official Post

mindguard are a social phenomenon, emerging from a groupthink.
    when the group want to shutdown dissenters that endanger future prediction of the victims, some people self-appoint themselves as mindguards, knight of the True Truth that have to be protected from Evil, and they expect some return unconsciously.

Roland Bénabou : The Economics of Motivated Beliefs

Ive read good book by Broad & Wade, and they have been quite harsh on cold fusion.
    same for Lewis who recently... forget it.

• Zavier Borg from Blaze Labs did some fantastic work on EM lifters in the early 2000's.
    This link has photos and working videos of many of the prototypes.
    blazelabs.com/l-c-intro.asp

Interesting. I guess it shows how the NASA researchers need to rule out EHD. Seems like that should have been easy enough to do with their vacuum-based experiments. You could rule out low level effects by testing at various vacuum levels vs. atmospheric.

• I had the exact same thought about such a possibility. On the up side, we can now know if that happens, because of the leak.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.