Lattice Energy Presentation - Effective Electron Mass in Magnetic Fields

• The low energy neutron production posit is just a guess. The process that occurs on the surface of metalized hydrides is just speculation at this early juncture. Two items that the W&L theory does not explain is why nanocavities are required on the surface of a transition metal for a LENR reaction to take hold.

• It works so in superconductors routinely (where the electrons move as if they would have no mass). The magnetic field kills the superconductivity, so that the electrons behave like normal particles again - not a big deal actually, just another perspective of the notoriously known effect: magnetic quenching of superconductors.

• Have you used the term "metallized hydrides" for a specific reason? Instead of, for example, "metallized hydrogen" or "metallic hydrogen".

A hydride is any compound that contain hydrogen as component. Water is such a hydride.

Metalized indicates that the hydride can conduct electricity. In the context of LENR, "metallized hydrides" is a high temperature superconductor that conducts electricity with little or no resistance. An example of such a "metallized hydride" is the water crystal discovered in cavitation by Mark LeClair.

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_capture

A free proton cannot normally be changed to a free neutron by this process; the proton and neutron must be part of a larger nucleus.

Even wikipedia states that the W&L low energy neutron process is impossible. Since both Rossi and axil also state the same impossibility, then some other mechanism must produce LENR activity inside the nucleus other than neutron capture.

• Axil. I like that explanation. While water conducts you give a solid phase crystal angle to it. I looked closely at Le Clair in the old days. But when it came to testing day in the govt. lab the stories did not match up. This gives a reason. There is something there (so to speak) based on the penetration depth but the transmutation/radiation angle did not seem to pan out.

• Axil. I like that explanation. While water conducts you give a solid phase crystal angle to it. I looked closely at Le Clair in the old days. But when it came to testing day in the govt. lab the stories did not match up. This gives a reason. There is something there (so to speak) based on the penetration depth but the transmutation/radiation angle did not seem to pan out.

LeClair uses LENR to produce hot fusion. LeClair's explanation of the process of transmutation makes sense to me. LeClair's great contribution to LENR theory is his characterization of the magnetic shell that protects the water crystal. This shell is so tough that it can shield the structure of the water crystal from the heat and pressure that would occur in a supernova.

To my way of thinking, the water crystal is covered by a spin wave of Surface Plasmon Polaritons(SPP) that surrounds the water crystal with monopole magnetic flux lines. LENR provides the power that feeds energy into those flux lines.

The negative charge at the tip f the water crystal drives the crystal into the substrate with such force that the pressure produced matches the distrutive power of a supernova.

DogOne replicated the LeClair reactor and produced a liquid suspension of nuclear waste. This replication was very dangerous because DogOne had to be very near the reactor to fine tune the cavitation process.

See

Seriously guys, this is a bad idea to pursue. Does it work? I say yes. Should we embrace it? I say no. You're taking some electrical energy to run a pump and pure water and making heat and toxic water. Plus, everything that has come in contact with that toxic water is now contaminated. It wouldn't really matter to me if the COP was greater than 100, its risks outweigh its energy production capability. That's about it in a nutshell. We need to be looking somewhere else for an energy solution.

• Even wikipedia states that the W&L low energy neutron process is impossible. Since both Rossi and axil also state the same impossibility, then some other mechanism must produce LENR activity inside the nucleus other than neutron capture.

Perhaps a new low in unconvincing arguments.

• Hey Axil
    Reading a non tech newspaper I read that. ER=EPR is gaining momentum. While I am sure its LENR related somehow.... It (Susskinds paper) is becoming mainstream, someday LENR may again also.

The connection between ER=ERP and LENR is the behavior of the Bose condensate. Quantum mechanics only permits a entangled 'one to one' connection between two particles whereas ER=ERP allows entangled connections between many particles in any number and in any configuration.

One LENR property that this expanded characteristic enables is clustered reactions and energy sharing where many particles can be entangled with many other particles. Entanglement is how energy is shared between particles. The ability of particles to share properties freely and in any way makes ER=EPR very important

When science begins to take LENR seriously, when LENR is used as an experimental platform for quantum mechanics, then science will make great strides forward experimentally.

• LeBob,

To your question --

Firstly, it shows that strong e-m effects are extremely delicately sensitive to material nanostructure.

Secondly, such large fields may play a large role in multi-body/collective effects - possibly greatly increasing the effective momentum in "slow" collisions between oppositely charged particles - and (just conjecturing) possibly provide screening.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.