The E-Cat as a Cavity Resonator Producing 50-120keV Radiation With Side Effects (Paul Dodgshun)

• Official Post

[feedquote='E-Cat World','http://www.e-catworld.com/2016/08/31/the-e-cat-as-a-cavity-resonator-producing-50-120kev-radiation-with-side-effects-paul-dodgshun/']The following post has been submitted by Paul Dodgshun The E-cat as a cavity resonator producing 50-120keV radiation with side effects. Define machine : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page ‘A machine is a tool containing one or more parts that uses energy to perform an intended action.’ [following the definition, a helpful sentence] ‘Machines are usually powered by mechanical, […][/feedquote]

• Official Post

My impression is that Rossi exploit all our speculation to give to us, the peanut gallery, what we want to hear.

there is a disease (it was well described in one episode of Dr House) where the patient have no opinion or memory, but exploit all he hear from people around and answer what people want to hear.

Forme it happened with the theory, with many things on quark...

maybe I'm wrong, but I have the constitutional right to consider I'm right. :huh:

• AlainCo,

But keep in mind that there are valid reasons for using magnetrons for the LENR reaction regardless of any possible link with the EM-Drive. Piantelli also suggests them in his patent(s), where they serve mainly for dissociating, exciting and ionizing hydrogen.

Rossi has stated that he detected a thrust some months ago but the details of its nature were not disclosed.
    www.e-catworld.com/2016/04/04/now-thrust-from-the-e-cat/

• Am I getting from this exchange that Rossi is believed to have a super fancy controller box?
    I have examined the several photos of the grey box available, and it is both a three-thermocouple temperature monitor, and a phase controller. It has two rheostats, one which I believe to be the peak volt setting, and the other a sort of duty cycle dial. The output goes to the Compact Fusion micro controller, and so the final output is not especially complicated. But the combination of peak voltage and duty cycle control can give "unique" effects to measurement devices.

The grey box can be seen with three thermocouples going into it in the Vessela photo, and one at Lugano. It has an indicator for each thermocouple, with a sticky note next to each one.

(There is also an emergency shut off switch for power, the Big Red Button).

• Hi Gameover, after sent "your reactor", you have to explain it. :)

We know now that the DGT spark had both a good effect and a bad effect on the LENR reaction. The good effect was the production of an electrostatic charge inside of the reactor. The bad effect was a distruction of the Bose condinsate that LENR needs to thermalize the Gamma to heat. The DGT produced a goodly amount of high energy EMF that other non spark reactors don't produce.

Rossi's Quark reactor uses only .5 watts to stimulate the LENR reaction. This low power level is consistent with the reaction stimulation method that Rossi has snuck into his patent in a recent update. That new method is electrostatic charge generation.

As was shown in the Lugano demo, waveform stimulation produces a limited power density reaction that does not exceed at most COP=3 and some say far less. The stimulation that might be used to produce the very high COP is the electrostatic stimulation that generates the TAO effect. That is the reference to the two electrodes that can produce an EMF potential of up to 100,000 volts and is defined in an update to the Rossi patent.

See my post: High Temperature Superconductivity and LENR

See the patent update here:

https://patentscope.wipo.int/s…621/PDOC/WO2016018851.pdf

If you read this patent update that references the NEW electrostatic stimulator which operates between 50 and 100 KV, Rossi says that the resistance heater is NO LONGER REQUIRED.

Rossi also says that the reaction temperature is between 400 to 600C. This means that the update is applied to the LOW TEMPERATURE REACTOR.

Rossi uses a hydrogen ionization method that does not produce a high voltage DC spark, but does inject high energy electrons into the hydrogen gas. Rossi might use adjustment of the voltage potential between the electrodes to control the reaction. The minimum size of the Quark Reactor might depend on the distance between the electrodes that can be set to keep a spark discharge from occurring at maximum potential of 100 KV.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.