Plaintiffs/Counter-Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss Defendants Amended Counterclaims against Plaintiffs and Memorandum of Law

• I've read through the JONP multiple times, and I know how Rossi communicates. His so called "sock puppets" are fairly easy to spot. Randombit does NOT communicate in a similar manner as Rossi. What could be plausible is that Randombit could be an account used by one or more members of Rossi's team.

• @MrSelfSustain said.....
    I have to agree. I've read through the JONP multiple times, and I know how Rossi communicates. His so called "sock puppets" are fairly easy to spot. Randombit does NOT communicate in a similar manner as Rossi. What could be plausible is that Randombit could be an account used by one or more members of Rossi's team.

zeus46 likes this.
    ................................../

Speculation of sock puppets aside... for the sake of argument...

Maybe but we are approaching this wrong. Whomever anyone is on this here IRL, we should judge them on solely their subject content and contributions only, not whom we "collectively think" said it. I am one to apologize here. I could not care whom ever someone is in IRL after some consideration.

With regard to Randombit I have directly asked this question. Adb gave me not only the courtesy of a response but a link that I followed that explained his presence here. In short it was not sinister but related to something he wrote not related to LENR but in a different subject on a Wikipedia editor/group forum.

I also have a recommendation for the mods. I do not like to criticise our kind hosts. May I suggest since there are so many MODERATORS that you get together and stop posting a "group moderator" And drop the title? and then use it just for MODERATION?

I want to know that the person that I am discussing something with is not going to ban me do to "whether or not" we follow some group think. MODERATORS identifications should be used for MODERATION only.

Not for warnings by the sword of Damocles that you disagree with.

• I would be very pleased to know learn the exciting science of how the Optris microbolometers can read the entire IR spectrum through a 5.5 micron wide, long wave IR spectral window, even through atmospheric absorption bands to generate a valid temperature reading.

• Official Post

I also have a recommendation for the mods. I do not like to criticise our kind hosts. May I suggest since there are so many MODERATORS that you get together and stop posting a "group moderator" And drop the title? and then use it just for MODERATION?

I want to know that the person that I am discussing something with is not going to ban me do to "whether or not" we follow some group think. MODERATORS identifications should be used for MODERATION only.

You will have to explain what you mean more clearly Rigel.

• Sure but understand I try to speak clearly plainly (well obviously not clearly). Having you as a super-moderator then cutting a post with an inline edit gives the wrong impression IMHO. It may be better to have an anonymous MODERATOR than 5-10 people that have honorary mods/super-mods titles.

Looking back, I apologize now. I see other websites that have Moderators and they just remove offending posts. They do not comment on why the post is removed or edited when it violates forum rules. Maybe more discretion, by myself is needed. I will say no more on this or on anyones possible use of alternative ids. Since you are so kind enough to read my concern. While am asking for favors.... 8o I would like a response button that limits a poster to maybe 4096 words so we stop the wall of text. I am a pain the ass sometimes. And you are doing Gods good work.

• Official Post

Hi Rigel.

Thank you for clarifying. Let me see what I can clarify for you in return. A list seems easiest.

1. Although there are a number on moderators on the forum, I am the most active without doubt. Rends and Barty (who is an admin) also keep a close eye on what goes on. Maybe we have too many different grades of moderator? The list does look a bit like the Ruritanian Navy at times, where even the Cabin-boy is an Admiral. (Or possibly Rear -Admiral depending on the Captain ;) ) I don't even know in detail what the difference between the ranks means.

2. The policy with regard to post editing/deletion has been agreed by all the mods/admins. It was felt by admins in particular that editing posts without attributing and (often) giving a reason for the edit was fairer than just making a post change meaning or vanish. So when a moderator changes a post, it will always be clear that this has happened. 'Green Inking' when someone gets a bit too enthusiastic is also (perhaps) preferable to deletion. What do you think? There are to a certain extent 'double standards' here. The current 'doxxing of Randombito by Abd and others is a good example of that. But since it would appear that Randombito made some claim to be Rossi I have left it for now. But I do not want to see this pointless topic drag on for ever. (That's a warning!)

3. Moderators -super or otherwise - do not have banning powers at present. Only admins can ban. This is perhaps due to change, more discussion is underway. But banning is not really what this place is about.

4. Post-length. I personally think that some kind of limit would not be a bad thing. 4096 words is very long btw - if we have one I would pitch it at 1000 or so.There are members here who are happy to write thousands of words 'making themselves right' even when they are not. The response of quite a few to this - 'TLDR' is not as some might claim a character failing or a sign of mental weakness, but rather a sign of having a life. There is, believe it or not only so much puffery that many perfectly normal humans can stand. BUT- this needs more discussion and MAYBE we should have a thread where moderation policy is the main topic.

• I've read through the JONP multiple times, and I know how Rossi communicates. His so called "sock puppets" are fairly easy to spot. Randombit does NOT communicate in a similar manner as Rossi. What could be plausible is that Randombit could be an account used by one or more members of Rossi's team.

It's a short list. the post:

Eventually in Court there will not be my avatar, but me, with other experts. And at that time would be clear WHO is trying to poison the Jury.

This has to be an "expert" who will testify. Could be Penon, who will definitely testify if he is found and subpoenaed, and Rossi needs his testimony. Could be Fabiani, the same. However, the thinking is Ross-class. While I have seen others repeat Rossi arguments, not with the density of RB0.

It doesn't really mater. RB0 is either a total imposter, not impossible, i.e., pretending to be Rossi (I give this a relatively high probability, wouldn't that be fun?) or is a Rossi insider, the best representative here of Rossi insiderdom. Rossi or not.

• But since it would appear that Randombito made some claim to be Rossi I have left it for now.

No such claim, that I am aware of. There was a inference that something vaguely like this was the case, but the inference was a weak one. randombit0 could be any of a number of (presumably) Italian speakers, possibly connected in some way to Rossi. Seems to me that to be consistent the same policy about doxxing should apply to her as well.

• Official Post

@Eric Walker If it really is the case that our cute female avatar never confessed to being AR, then I am in total agreement. I did suggest a few posts before this in response to Rigel that even pseudo-doxxing should stop. If there is no more of it then I will leave it at that - but if you are correct - and you may well be - then I will go back and change history by deleting all the offending posts and this one.

• Quote from Randombit

Oh guys what a wonderful high tech language ! What a wonderful word to put on Scrabble ! It's really a shame that's not even a word ! There is nothing eccentric, apart writing in this forum, nor unphysical ( ʌnˈfɪzɪk(ə)l/ adjective ), in my explanations.

The meat of our technical disagreement gets lost in speculation as to your identity engendered by your claiming to be an expert likely to be called in the IH/Rossi trial, on Rossi's side.

I suppose I need to address this speculation. I have no idea your real identity, nor is it relevant. But, if you are called as an IH expert you will get demolished in Court unless you can do better than here! Either Paradigmnoia, or I, or even the once attendant TC, could do this with one hand tied behind our backs! Just think what a real expert would manage... I realise Rossi appears to do silly things but such absurdity?

And let me remind those here that comments about language, character, etc while entertaining divert attention from the genuine technical argument that randombit has lost here about 4 times over, to my counting.

At the risk of repetition, we could remind everyone. Set out your previously stated case technical case for their being only one temperature-dependent emissivity function relevant to power determination in Lugano, rather than two functions: one for the IR band that determines temperature, and another, summarising total emissivity, that is decently approximated by the Lugano report book emissivity curve.

P or I will happily reply seriously to any serious technical comment on this matter you wish to make. (Sorry Paradigmnoia, perhaps I'm presumptive in using the word "happily" here).

• Quote from Wictionary

Etymology 5[edit]From Ancient Greek ἀ- ‎(a-) (ἀν- ‎(an-) immediately preceding a vowel).

Pronunciation[edit](US) IPA(key): /ə/, /eɪ/
    Prefix[edit]a-

Not, without, opposite of.  [quotations ▼]amoral, asymmetry, atheism, asexual, acyclic
    Usage notes[edit]Used with stems that begin with consonants except sometimes h. an- is synonymous and is used in front of words that start with vowels and sometimes h.[3]

:) English is a wonderful language - I can make up non-dictionary words (only use I've found for the lacklustre Greek I learnt a long time ago) and be understood by all except randombit - who would appear to be anetymological in her approach to language!

• English is a wonderful language - I can make up non-dictionary words

One of my favorite quotes about English:

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." - James Nicoll

This is also true of Japanese, by the way. English and Japanese share some qualities seldom seen in other languages, to wit:

They both have two or more words for just about everything; one native, the other borrowed. In English these are Anglo-Saxon and Latinate or French; i.e. kingly and royal, understand and comprehend. In Japanese they are the original Japanese and Chinese borrow words, or nowadays, European words.

I take that back. Not just two words for everything: both have 3, 4 or maybe 6 words.

We borrow words such as chocolate, tomato, pajama or kangaroo from every corner of the earth, and every language. (Two points extra if you know were chocolate and tomato came from.)

People make up new words at the drop of hat. We have no French Academy standing at the sea, demanding that the tide not come in.

The spelling in both languages is chaotic, and it takes years to master.

Mutually incomprehensible dialects, geographically close. Some say that's a function of living on a large island.

• Thanks Eric for the links

Is this the first time Barry's name has appeared in the case? (67)
    And the Report by Penon is mentioned several times. Does this mean that this will appear as an Exhibit soon? (72, 73)

Edit: These seem to be in the older version too.

• Two new files have been added to the docket of the Florida court:

* 45-1 - Exhibit A: Second amended answer, additional defenses, counterclaims and third-party claims (IH)
    * 46 - Unopposed motion for extension of time (IH)

Available as "45-1 - Exhibit A.pdf" and "46 - Motion for extension of time.pdf". drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzKtdce19-wyb1RxOTF6c2NtZkk

Yes. Uploaded to newvortex. The motion for extension, if granted, moots the pending Plaintiff's Motion to Strike and Motion to Dismiss Counterclaims. I am travelling for the next four or five days and will be unable to comment. However, The Second Amended Answer, as drafted, provides detail, as I expected, on the Affirmative Defenses that Rossi had moved to be struck as vague.

I also noticed that the tax issue may have been amended to state that no claim for damages from failure to pay taxes is alleged at this point. It was, then, a simple breach of contract, as part of a pattern of contract breaches.

• I think you need to alter the link sharing for the new docs? I can't anything after Sept 2. But maybe this is just me?

The link works for me in private browsing mode and shows files up to Sept. 15. I think you're seeing some Google weirdness. You might try opening the link in private browsing mode and see if it's still showing only the older documents. Note that the files may not be sorted at first, and you'll want to either sort them by name or by date.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.