DTRA: Investigation of Nano Nuclear Reactions in Condensed Matter, Mosier Boss, L. Forsley, PK. McDaniel

• Official Post

Do I understand correctly that you simply compressed fresh powder into a .22 hollow point? Or did you do the same with powder that was already loaded in a closed reactor?

Almost. Not a hollow point. I drilled a small hole in the rear face of a slug, put the fuel mix into it (about 50mg) and sealed the hole by pressing a very small ball bearing (stolen from a shower-door roller) into the hole. The idea being that when the slug hit the ball would slide further into the hole and confine and compress everything in the hole 'for an instant'. No reactors were involved, just fuel and slugs and a steel-plate target.

ETA - for Axil. This was not any kind of replication attempt, but an original 'free-standing frolic' driven by my own curiosity.

• Official Post

Steven Krivit reports his findings around this DTRA report
    http://news.newenergytimes.net…-that-isnt-a-dtra-report/
    which as I understand is in fact Spawar work by Pamela Boss and L Forsley (not a surprise), and DTRA is just a sponsor who allowed publication after strong effort by the authors.

• Official Post

Steven Krivit reports his findings around this DTRA report
    news.newenergytimes.net/2016/0…-that-isnt-a-dtra-report/
    which as I understand is in fact Spawar work by Pamela Boss and L Forsley (not a surprise), and DTRA is just a sponsor who allowed publication after strong effort by the authors.

Krivits being his usual aggressive, rude self. I do not know why anyone that is aware of his tactics even answers the phone when he calls. His conclusion that this was *not* a DTRA sponsored report is splitting hairs, and he reports it like it is some hot scoop...which it is not.

• Official Post

To be more positive,
    It seems not wrong but not really important anyway.
    DTRA funded this work and allowed for publication, while Spawar abandonned it.

The new data is just that the work is not a work done inside DTRA, as a new lab, but old Spawar work published at last, after team dismantling.

• AlainCo wrote:

Krivits being his usual aggressive, rude self. I do not know why anyone that is aware of his tactics even answers the phone when he calls. His conclusion that this was *not* a DTRA sponsored report is splitting hairs, and he reports it like it is some hot scoop...which it is not.

Krivit's report is indeed classic Krivit. Over half the story is about .... Steve Krivit, intrepid reporter, learning almost nothing, really, but making it look like something. Did DTRA write the report? No, of course not! It's explicitly attributed! It was apparently reviewed by DTRA (or by a process approved by DTRA) and approved for publication under the DTRA name.

The first half of his report is useful, though it is being used to flog his book, which is propaganda about his "not-fusion" theory, which has become a conspiracy theory. Mosier-Boss does, apparently, still talk with him, perhaps because he has not -- yet -- attacked her work.

The report largely focuses on evidence of nuclear reactions, but ignores the direct evidence that the main reaction in the FP Heat Effect is the heat/helium correlation. What does not seem to be noted is that the radiation results reported by SPAWAR are at very low levels, and thus not characteristics of the main reaction; instead, helium is. They, of course, do not report on that because it was not part of their experimental work.

They do mention a correlation between electrolysis current and neutron detection. I have not reviewed that, but this could also be direct evidence that some sort of nuclear reaction is taking place. Correlation is a powerful tool. Electrolysis current should not affect neutron emission, unless there is a nuclear effect. So how reproducible was this? What's the data set? Etc.

Low levels of neutrons, however, may reflect low levels of what is called "hot fusion," which may be caused by some other nuclear reaction. The evidence we have points to helium as the major ash, no other candidate has been identified and confirmed.

Anomalous heat does correlate with electrolysis current; however, it is easy to imagine some systematic artifact for this, i.e., that calorimetry error correlates with current. However, helium correlates with anonymous heat. The correlation with current, though, does not explain HAD, "heat after death" which refers to continued anomalous heat after the electrolysis current is shut off. It would also not explain gas-loaded results, where there is no electrolysis involved.

There is much material for study in the DTRA report. This was many years of work, often wel- enough-reported that independent confirmation should be possible, and Pam Boss is known to cooperate with replication attempts. This is real science, even if mistakes might be made here and there. Remarkably, even Robert Park acknowledged that this was real science.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.