Can we talk about Holmlid?

• There have been at least three LENR developers who have noticed intense and widespread EMF interference generated from their experiments that in some cases have spanned a distance of influence of many tens of meters from the LENR reactor. All these LENR experimenters as well as myself all took this interference to be related to RF generation in the LENR reaction. But this assumption about RF might not be correct but instead be related to some form of sub-atomic particle generation via the LENR reaction.

This interference could have a disruptive effect on the body, especially, the electrical nature and workings of the brain and nervous system. This EMF interference has been near impossible to detect using RF meters or to shield against including the use of lead, iron, steel plate, electrically charged metal, mu metal and faraday screening. If the nature of this EMF interference can penetrate deeply and completely into the body and access all the electrical activity in the nerves cells throughout the body, unpredictable complications might be produced inside the body at a considerable distance from the LENR reactor and/or inactive stored used fuel.

Different people might be more susceptible to this type of nerve activity interference than others based on the strength of the interference produced by any given reactor design. If you are a LENR experimenter, keep a lookout for abnormal neurological symptoms related to your LENR experiments.

• Many LENR enthusiasts look forward to the day when they can heat their homes and power their electric appliances from a small LENR power reactor located in their basement.

Rossi dreams of a 100 watt LENR light bulb that can replace the electric lighting that we use today.

But safe use of LENR as a power source might preclude these dreams of "off the grid' existence from coming true. A more protected mode of LENR reactor deployment might be in order. Just the current observation that LENR can produce widespread and far reaching electrical interference might be reason for cause for concern.

I don’t trust Rossi as an objective tester of E-Cat safety. It is not in Rossi’s commercial interest as a developer of the LENR paradigm to track down the very hard to detect glitches in the characterization of LENR safety. People who work on LENR projects should be open and forthcoming with regards to any possible ill effects that their work might be causing them even if that information works to their disadvantage in the energy marketplace.

Both eros and ME356 should be commended for their caution with regards to LENR safety and the public welfare. We can only hope that the concern for safety in LENR product development becomes the norm in the LENR developer community.

• Dr Ravi Gooneratne (Lincoln University) measures the effects of soil pollutants on earthworms, which slow the rate signals travel along their nerves. When you touch a worm, a tiny electrical impulse travels along its nerves. These are picked up by a special plate and an oscilloscope amplifies the signal so the time the nerve impulse takes to travel along the worm can be measured.

This type of measurement can be made in LENR experiments to determine if and how LENR affects the speed of nerve impulses before, during and after an worm is exposed to the emanations produced of the LENR reaction.

http://sciencelearn.org.nz/con…288+(16x9)MASTER_576k.mp4

• Axil,

I think it should be sufficient to simply find a dependable, deterministic method for detecting such unknown or unidentified radiation, if present (which obviously requires a working experiment in the first place). The method suggested by Holmlid for "muon detection" or the simpler one suggested by Eros using a GM counter (with the benefit of the doubt) may be a good start.

I was moving a step further than what you suggest. Once the existence of muons was firmly established in the experiment, then a test to see how low energy muons affect living things might be carried out, specifically, how muons affect how well the nerves carry electrical impulses.

• This quantum bubble is what the math guy: Oaklandthinktank was talking about in the other thread in regards to moire shells. The energy of the LENR reaction is maintained in waves of EMF in superposition that are impossible to detect. When the bubble springs a leak and some of the EMF gets out than a particle is formed outside of the bubble. What the rules are inside the LENR bubble universe is not clear. The extent of the LENR bubble is proportional to the power produced by the LENR reaction. A large amount of LENR power extraction will produce a very large LENR bubble. The best place to put a big LENR reactor is at the bottom of the ocean..."Also, deep ocean sounds safer, for similar dense-body shielding and ionization, diffusion, Etc...

See Oaklandthinktank other post and my take on what he was taking about in plain english here

Possible LENR deployment methods

Here is Oaklandthinktank latest post that I am trying to understand

The monopolistic onions can extend out a very long (kilometers?) way causing LENR reactions and sharing energy with the LENR reaction back at home base.

• Axil,

Any deep discussion on the nature and extension of such "bubbles", whether they actually exist, would be science fiction at this point of time. But in my example I did not hypothesize that they would engulf the entire laboratory where the experiment is conducted, rather be something more local to the ejected particles and the layer of [ultra-]dense hydrogen in the reactor.

A simpler explanation would be what Holmlid is seeing in his scintillation detector is not due to muons. What would that be then? I have no idea.

To get an idea about how far the muon bubble extends away from the LENR reaction, the zone of electrical interference would be the only currently known method of detection.

ME356: "Emissions (RF, electrons and UV) during the test were so strong that my control circuit was absolutely crazy even that it was 3 meters away - it is unusable."

The muon bubble must extend out beyond 3 meters.

DGT said that the EMI interference disabled their phone system. How wide spread that system was is not known.

A EMI detector is a way that the muon bubble might be characterized.

A Spy Camera & Audio Bug Detector might pick up EMI interference

or a EMI detector could be build from scratch if the R&D budget is an issue.

see "Build Your Own Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Detector"

http://www.popularmechanics.co…ference-detector-8831727/

• It will soon become apparent that installing a LENR power unit inside the home or car will not be possible. The muon bubble emanating from a home LENR reactor will take down all the electronic equipment inside the home and this EMI interference will not be mitigated through EMI shielding. Many of the LENR faithful will be disappointed that their dreams of off the grid existence will be dashed.

Instead, the LENR reactor will be controlled by the electrical utilities who will build huge LENR reactors based of the principle of economies of scale. A 20 gigawatt LENR reactor will fulfill the dreams of the electric utilities. But what a reactor of that huge a size will do to the fabric of spacetime is yet to be seen. Like the old proverbial saying from mid 19th century states to keep excess under control: moderation in all things.

Rossi's edisonian dream of LENR light bulbs and becoming a epic industrialist through direct customer contact will give way to govenment regulation and slave like control by the electric utilities. How the faiths are so unkind to the dreams of men is the price to be paid for the quest to unlimited power.

• It will some become apparent that installing a LENR power unit inside the home or car will not be possible.

axil: "LENR" is a physical process possibly known and used by nature since ever...

Why do You draw any conclusion for a future use?

Do You remember the beginning of the "train age" where British physicists warned people to use them at speeds above 16km/h?

Of course every experimenter should be aware how deadly any radioactivity can be...

• The D(0) (metalized hydrogen) is a cluster of atoms that oftentimes number from under 100 to maybe in an exception as much as a thousand. Under the influence of Rydberg blockade provided by alkali catalysts (potassium, lithium) , the D(0) forms a Hole superconductor that has positive charges(holes) in the central core and an electron/boson spin wave of negative charges that cover the surface of the cluster. This surface is organized as a spin wave that is coherent and contains Surface Plasmon Polaritons (SPP) as a component of the spin wave. The SPP is a bubble of many entangled electrons and photons that store energy in a whispering gallery wave format in the giga electron volt range. The photon/electron entangled pairs start out in the infrared energy range but as energy is added, the SPPs advance into the XUV and x-ray energy range. All the SPPs are entangled and share energy that form the spin wave. Any D(0) can store a vast amount of energy in the spin wave. The SPPs are analog monopoles who becomes easily entangled by their nature. The energy that is added to the spin wave Bose condensate is stored as a magnetic flux line cover that converts the D(0) into a analog monopole. The monopole trails of D(0) have been seen in photo emulsions where their energy has been calculated to get into the Giga electron volt range as determined by ionization trail calculations.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This patterned magnetic field extends out and destabilizes protons and neutrons inside of nuclei that are near the D(0) and brings some of the nuclear energy into the spin wave via entanglement but most of the nucleon decay energy forms mesons that are entangled with the D(0) spin wave. As the meson decays into many other sub-atomic particles, they all remain energetically entangled with the D(0) that produced the meson(s) no matter how far away from the D(0) those decaying particles happens to be away from the decaying remnants of the nucleons. This process of entanglement with the D(0) is how the muon bubble forms.

The D(0) can be thought of as an extended wave of energy that can extend out many meters, with other nuclear reactions produced in superposition with the muon waves that are connected to the D(0) monopole magnetic quasiparticle. This magnetic spin wave cover makes the D(0) indestructible and no amount of heat and pressure can penetrate into the D(0) to disrupt it.

The D(0) keeps bring in energy until a limit is reached and this quasiparticle explodes into a Bosenova of XUV and x-ray light and magnetism where the stored energy is converted into a magnetic proton supercurrent. This proton supercurrent is the source of intense magnetic fields that have been seen in some LENR systems.

First ever supercurrent observed at room temperature

http://physicsworld.com/cws/ar…erved-at-room-temperature

The factor that causes the proton and the neutron to decay is CP violation. Ordinarily, the proton and neutron are in their lowest energy color force state, but when a rotating magnetic field is applied, these nucleons become excited and the weak force becomes activated and can produce nucleon decay. The spin wave on the surface of the D(0) produces a properly formatted magnetic field that excites the nucleons.

In other types of LENR systems, crystal filters generate the properly formatted rotating magnetic fields.

Like the specific shape of a key opens a lock, if the stimulus for the LENR reaction within the nucleon is a specific moire patterning of a monopole magnetic field, that would explain why certain crystal configurations induce the LENR reaction.

See

Hexagonal Crystals and LENR (Axil Axil)

http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…stals-and-lenr-axil-axil/

Possibly, metalized hydrides produce the proper magnetic pattern without crystal based filtering, but other materials can produce the proper magnetic pattern through filtering of a monopole magnetic field through the appropriate crystal structure.

For example, Dennis Cravens Golden balls

http://www.infinite-energy.com/images/pdfs/NIWeekCravens.pdf

"To assure a strong magnetic field in the active material the spheres contain a ground samarium cobalt (Sm2Co7) magnet, which stays magnetized at higher temperatures. This was powdered and the powder is mostly random but it should provide a strong magnetic field within the sample"

The Sm2Co7 magnet produces the required anisotropic magnetic field lines(monopole like magnetic field).

Deuterium is used as the gas envelope

Activated charcoal produces the graphite like hexagonal crystal structure that formats the magnetic field to the proper specific moire patterning of a monopole magnetic field.

The basic chemical structure of activated carbon is closely approximated by the structure of pure graphite. The graphite crystal is composed of layers of fused hexagons held by weak van de Waals forces. The layers are held by carbon–carbon bonds.

It is the specific shape of the magnetic field that causes the nucleons (protons and neutrons) to decay when the applied patterned magnetic field produces CP violation in a resonant EMF based reaction.

Various other people use other hexagonal crystals to filter the magnetic fields. Rossi has used mica, and
    Etiam Inc. has used quartz.

http://pages.csam.montclair.ed…lski/cf/246vysotskii.html

A sheet of mica near a radioactive source changes the gamma decay probability

It is important to note that Holmlid uses graphite as a catalyst component in the formation of D(0). Potassium (provides Rydberg blockade) and iron oxide (provides nanocavities) are also part of the catalyst.

Holmlid also mentions that it takes some time to charge up the D(0) before it is able to produce mesons. Also, the iron oxide catalyst will produce mesons for weeks after it has been used in and experiment because the D(0) spin wave has been charged up to a sufficient energy holding level to be self-sustaining as it sends muons out to gather in more entangled nuclear reaction energy from catalyzed fusion events.

• Axil,

Every time I keep coming back here your reply keeps growing and growing and at this point I do not even know from where to start. But I have one question: can you find some references for the usage of graphite by Holmlid in his iron-potassium oxide catalysts? I remember reading something along those lines in the past but I have not managed to find the exact source yet.

• Axil,

Every time I keep coming back here your reply keeps growing and growing and at this point I do not even know from where to start. But I have one question: can you find some references for the usage of graphite by Holmlid in his iron-potassium oxide catalysts? I remember reading something along those lines in the past but I have not managed to find the exact source yet.

See Ecco post

Francesco CELANI: Leif Holmlid applies colloidal graphite (Aquadag) on the surface of the "emitter" (the K:Fe2O3 catalyst) he uses for his experiments. It sounds like it is important for obtaining good results:

i.imgur.com/vj8Qt7r.png
    i.imgur.com/sB0CHfB.png

me356: Celani Ni Wire replication

• I have been taking a look at one of the papers published by Holmlid in 2015 demonstrating break-even energy from his ultra-dense deuterium (form now on called D(0) for brevity) apparatus. In this experiment Holmlid places a 2 cm thick copper cylinder around a metallic target that is covered with D(0). The D(0) is "ignited" with a laser impulse and the emitted particles carrying the liberated energy are captured to some extent by the Cu cylinder. Its temperature rise is used to determine the energy gain, which is reported to be around 2.0x, with the caveat that it could be higher in a more optimized setup.

Heat generation above break-even from laser-induced fusion in ultra-dense deuterium (open access)

Holmlid states that a large fraction of the energy passes through this copper cylinder in the form of neutral particles (fragments of H(0) that give rise to mesons and muons as seen in other papers) and thus does not contribute to its temperature rise. I did not notice this until recently but this fraction may actually be very large. Here is an excerpt from the paper from the discussion section:

[...] This discussion has so far only treated the measured heat at the Cu cylinder. However, many particles with high energy are not captured by the Cu cylinder, e.g. fast neutral fragments like H n(0), neutrons and high-energy gamma photons. This is described above. The fluxes of neutrons and gamma are relatively small (measured with standard instruments) and the total energy carried by such particles is not believed to be large. RF radiation from the fusion process has also been measured but only at low power levels. However, the neutral Hn(0) particles with MeV energies 8–10 are important. Just a small part of this flux is directly measured here to a distant collector as in Figs. 2-4. For example in Fig. 3, the total energy in the measured particles is 12 mJ per laser pulse or 0.12 W at 10 Hz pulse repetition rate, assuming one charge per mass unit of the particle as in the case of H1(0). In Fig. 8, similar results are found for the set-up to the right in Fig. 1. In this case, the total power in the directly measured particle signal is 0.6 W with the same conditions. This energy should be included in the total energy release from the fusion process, increasing the gain from 2.0 to 2.3 in this case. Since the collector in Fig. 8 only covered 10−3 of the total angular range around the target, the total energy in the fast particles would be 600 W if the distribution is isotropic in 4π. Such particles penetrate through the Cu cylinder to some extent and their angular distributions are not known with certainty. More information is thus needed before including such derived value in the results. However, the directly measured particle energies should be included. It has recently been found that large fluxes of penetrating leptons are formed in the experiments. They appear to carry away a large power from the system.

This is an extrapolation by Holmlid that was not included in the final energy gain calculation, but reading between the lines if the energy of the particles not captured by the copper cylinder measured at a distance (12 mJ per laser pulse at 10 Hz, or 60 mJ per laser pulse in a different setup) at 1/1000 of the total angular range was homogeneously emitted all around the target ("isotropic distribution in 4π") this would imply that actually MOST of the energy escapes the 2cm walls of the Cu cylinder and that the energy gain per pulse would be well over 100x.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

If I did not misunderstand anything, the implication of this finding for LENR replications are clear. Both for safety reasons and for capturing the heat (thermalizing radiations as Rossi would say) there has to be a thick shielding around the reactor for stopping the emitted neutral particles (which are for the most part not neutrons) that carry away most of the energy from the reaction. This could explain why generally speaking the experimentalists that have had most luck with their devices seem to have been those who added thermal insulation around the reactor and/or used water calorimetry. Of course this is assuming that the reaction in Rossi replications operates with similar principles.

• The metalized hydride is covered in a spin wave that is a bose condensate. The Bose condinsate acts like a Black Hole. When the spin wave absorbs the energy from a proton of neutron decay, it produces two separate outputs, hawking radiation which is heat and mesons through Hadronization. Mesons must be how most of the energy from nucleon decay is released from the condensate. Only a small percentage of energy is transformed into Hawking's radiation. Most of the LENR energy production takes the form of particle production.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadronization

Hadronization is a prediction from string theory of how tachyons (a form of black hole) release energy.

See The Inside Story: Quasilocal Tachyons and Black Holes

http://slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/getdoc/slac-pub-11616.pdf

In the example discussed in §2.1, the dual field theory description of the quasilocal tachyon condensation is a time-dependent transition to a confining dual gauge theory. Although confinement is not explicitly understood in Yang-Mills theory, in such a transition one qualitatively expects the following dynamics. In the confined theory, the gauge-invariant composite glueballs arise at an energy and size scale commensurate with 18 the strong coupling scale of the field theory. In our time dependent transition, the excitations in the tachyon phase correspond to field theoretic modes at an energy scale below the mass gap. From the dual field theory point of view we expect forces from flux tubes to dynamically force them to shrink toward the size scale of the glueballs in the confining theory. The forces we analyzed in this section, which act to force excitations into the bulk gravitational solution dual to the confining geometry, may provide a gravity-side manifestation of this phenomenon. This effect is similar in some ways to the description of black hole evaporation via hadronization in [18]

Reference [18] is more understandable. Plasma-Balls in Large N Gauge Theories and Localized Black Holes ... see figure 1 on page 6.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/hep-th/0507219v3.pdf

Bose condensates only act like tachyons in certain ways. They are only analog tachyons, not real tachyons, so don't be afraid.

• If I did not misunderstand anything, the implication of this finding for LENR replications are clear. Both for safety reasons and for capturing the heat (thermalizing radiations as Rossi would say) there has to be a thick shielding around the reactor for stopping the emitted neutral particles (which are for the most part not neutrons) that carry away most of the energy from the reaction.

The ignition scenario of Holmlid is hot fusion! In fact his energy density is above the Livermoore ratio (energy/area*time)...

As far as anybody is working with lower ignition (simply heating) there is no such risk! (except neutrons of all kind)

• Is this still hot fusion? What actually defines hot fusion?

As I said the ignition energy per volume over time is far higher than in any hot fusion experiment. (He additionally used a focusing lens!)

Whether the process itself is hot-fusion or not must be analyzed by looking at the reaction products. I bet they are closer to LENR...

• Quote from Wyttenbach

As I said the ignition energy per volume over time is far higher than in any hot fusion experiment. (He additionally used a focusing lens!)

Whether the process itself is hot-fusion or not must be analyzed by looking at the reaction products. I bet they are closer to LENR...

In the case of D-D fusion in the ultra-dense deuterium he sees (by time-of-flight analysis) no tritium, no or very few neutrons and He4 in addition to He3.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/s…cle/pii/S1387380614004102

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.