Can we talk about Holmlid?

• So I should trust your word as best shield, ingnore "sand in eyes", headcache etc. what near reactor happens?

If you're experiencing health issues from your setup, you should stop and consult someone at a nearby university to make sure you're not making yourself sick. Your symptoms are exactly zero evidence of muons. Perhaps you have convinced yourself to your own satisfaction that you are seeing muons; if you wish to convince others, you will need to take some basic steps to rule out other possibilities.

• In a recent post on ECW, MFMP states that muons are produced in the LENR reaction. Experimenters are experiencing neurological problems ( "sand in eyes", headache etc) when close to the reactor. In the face of the unknown, caution is advised.

Nobody anywhere has produced muons outside of a particle accelerator. There is no experts in muon production in the home.

Some rules of the road experimental speculation involving subatomic particle production is now offered as follows:

Pions are unstable, with the charged pions π+ and π− decaying with a mean lifetime of 26 nanoseconds (2.6×10e−8 seconds), and the neutral pion π0 decaying with a much shorter lifetime of 8.4×10e−17 seconds.

If pions speed equals the speed of light 26 Nm means that pions will travel 26 feet before decay on the average. For slower speeds, divide that 26 foot distance by the fraction of light speed the pions are traveling.

However, from Holmlid's experiments, it looks like the pions are not going that fast. But every experiment is different, and any type of shielding catalyzes muon production from pion decay inside the mass of the shielding.

A safe way to avoid exposure from pions and muons is to put distance between experimenter and the reactor. If the experimenter lives alone and he want to use his house to do his LENR experiments, use a remote camera to see what is going on with the reactor from a distance. For example, if the reactor is in the basement, use the remote camera to look at the reactor from the second floor of the house. The mass of floors, walls, air, and ceilings will cut down on muon intensity.

But most importantly due to the spherical radiation patterns of muon random flight of like charged particles, the inverse square law cuts exposure down for every meter that the experimenter is removed from the reactor. If you live with other people, It might not be prudent to expose the others to muons in your home.

Use a remote camera to do remote experimentation as recommended by ME356.

A product suggestion to support remote experimentation as follows:

amazon.com/Sokos-1280x720p-Sur…K/ref=zg_bs_7161093011_15

Price:$48.99

Remote access to the camera on Smartphone,Tablet,Mac or Windows PC. Quick WiFi setup via iPhone or Andriod smartphone using IOS/Android APP by iSmartViewPro

Quite baby monitor / nanny camera, Having a option to turn off sound alerts. Support SD card and smartphone recording, never miss any important steps with the one you matters most.

720p HD and Wider angle with Pan 350 degrees (Horizontal) and Tilt 100 degrees (Vertical) and 4x digital zoom through APP remote control:nds.

Motion detection function and remote real-time live voice & video: Receive alerts when the camera detects motion and remote real-time live video stream straight from your home to your smartphone, perfect to be as home security camera.

Night Vision:Built-in IR LEDs allow you viewing and recording live video even in complete darkness,Easy set-up with simple steps under 60 seconds.

• If you're experiencing health issues from your setup, you should stop and consult someone at a nearby university to make sure you're not making yourself sick. Your symptoms are exactly zero evidence of muons. Perhaps you have convinced yourself to your own satisfaction that you are seeing muons; if you wish to convince others, you will need to take some basic steps to rule out other possibilities.

Nobody anywhere has produced muons outside of a particle accelerator. There is no experts in muon production in the home. Are you serious?

• I am curious. Rossi said that his time in the shipping containers affected his health. I wonder if his symptoms were neurological in nature: headaches, dizziness, ringing in the ears, sand in the eyes and difficulty in sleeping. Did Rossi ever talk about his 1 year test health hit?

• Official Post

Should LookForHeat provide a remote experimenters package for sale?

We pretty much do, Axil. Full 4 channel data-logging with enough memory to run for at least 24 hours is enough for most purposes. And we offer custom-built temperature profile systems if required. And web-based or closed circuit TV systems are available everywhere for the price of a bag of french fries. This should be enough to enable anybody to light the blue-touch paper and run like hell. The whole lot ready to run and including extras like free fuel ingredients comes to quite a bit less than $1000. What else would you recommend?

• We pretty much do, Axil. Full 4 channel data-logging with enough memory to run for at least 24 hours is enough for most purposes. And we offer custom-built temperature profile systems if required. And web-based or closed circuit TV systems are available everywhere for the price of a bag of french fries. This should be enough to enable anybody to light the blue-touch paper and run like hell. The whole lot ready to run and including extras like free fuel ingredients comes to quite a bit less than $1000. What else would you recommend?

Additional recommended changes are as follows.

Replace current large cavity carbonyl nickel powder with small dimensioned high porosity powder where the cavity size is less than 10 nanometers. That recently developed COTS high tech nano powder has a hydrogen absorption increase of 100 X over the old powder hydrogen absorption capacity.

Based on Rossi's patent update, replace the stimulus with the 50 KeV to 100 KeV electrostatic electrodes and supply. This is a potentially dangerous DC voltage level. LookingForHeat should try to make this new Rossi patent based LENR stimulator both safe as well as effective. This keeps replicator tech current with Rossi's latest patent changes.

Also include a writeup of health risks and symptoms experienced by other experimenters and Rossi. This write up shoud highly recommend the advice from ME356 to perform LENR experiments remotely out of the home.

• Official Post

Axil recommends :- Replace current large cavity carbonyl nickel powder with small dimensioned high porosity powder where the cavity size is less than 10 nanometers. That recently developed COTS high tech nano powder has a hydrogen absorption increase of 100 X over the old powder hydrogen absorption capacity.

Based on Rossi's patent update, replace the stimulus with the 50 KeV to 100 KeV electrostatic electrodes and supply. This is a potentially dangerous DC voltage level. LookingForHeat should try to make this new Rossi patent based LENR stimulator both safe as well as effective. This keeps replicator tech current with Rossi's latest patent changes.

Also include a writeup of health risks and symptoms experienced by other experimenters and Rossi. This write up shoud highly recommend the advice from ME356 to perform LENR experiments remotely out of the home.

Alan says.

Experimenters can use any fuel they wish. The 'Model T' reactor is like a car - the brand of gasoline is entirely up to the owner.

We can custom build HT systems and would be happy to do so on request. We have demonstrated one version of such a system (info in 'Research Notes' on our website)

A medical report written by me about the health risks associated with LENR research would be based purely on hearsay. We warn people about toxic chemicals, we sell protection equipment (clothing, gloves, goggles, dust masks etc) and we sell geigers, to buy much of what we sell purchasers also have to sign a risk waiver and declare they are adults. As far as we are concerned LENR research is an 'at your own risk' pastime.

But you can write such a quasi-medical report if you wish, and we will send it out as a newsletter- over 500 readers.

• Eros sure sounds like he is producing muons and I know that Russ will use a cloud chamber. Excess heat is hard to detect but muons are easy.

I reply here as it is more in-topic to this thread.

I would like to remind that one thing is cosmic muons (~4 GeV at sea level), another is 10-20 MeV muons supposedly generated in systems similar to those of Holmlid, at least at his power levels. How would a standard cloud chamber behave in this case?

To be more clear: to see something in this case it could turn out to be necessary to quickly put fresh reactor "ash" inside the chamber like Piantelli reports doing, without the guarantee that this will work.

• With the disclaimer that muon detection is all new to me, but from what eros describes, if a high mass shield is placed near the reactor to convert pions to muons, then muons will appear far from the reactor, mabbe even meters away. Detecting those muons meters away from the reactor would be non-challenging since the cloud chamber would be out of the heat zone of the reactor.

I now can understand why Rossi says that he sees no radiation coming from his reactor. mesons and muons take a specific method to detect them.

• Axil,

What I am saying is that if the energy of these muons does not scale up and remains more or less at the levels observed by Holmlid and Olafsson they may not be able to pass properly through the insulation and the walls of a cloud chamber, depending on its construction.

If instead it does (giving the benefit of the doubt to eros), together with the total muon flux, then it would be easy to add high mass shielding as needed and check the result at a distance as you say.

PS: I am not fixated on the idea that these are indeed muons, but I would have liked to read a honest debate on the possible nature of the signal based on what H&O report doing in their latest papers. As far as I understand it is mainly a deduction by exclusion which is then reinforced by time-of-flight analysis (giving decay times consistent with the formation of kaons and pions decaying to muons).

• 1Gev electron can penetrate 2-4mm Pb plus ~60mm Fe? And after that give more counts in Cu shielded GM tube as tube inside shielding?

According to the US patent US 7,893,414 B2 a thin layer of saturated > 90% load of PdD is able to stop most radiation.
    Did anybody try so far to coat an Ag foil surface with Pd and the load it with Deuterium? Or is this to exotic?

from the patent:

F. Description of Methods of the Invention

In the case of a metallic substrate 46 that forms a bulk
    hydride, the first step in the operation of the Invention is to 50
    deliberately "load" 90-99% pure hydrogen or deuterium into

a selected hydride-forming metallic substrate 46 such as pal-
    ladium, nickel, or titanium. Examples ofalternative preferred
    methods for such loading (some can be combined) include a:

1. Pressure gradient; 2. Enforced difference in chemical 55
    potential; and/or 3. Imposition of electrochemical potential
    across the working surface.

• If you're experiencing health issues from your setup, you should stop and consult someone at a nearby university to make sure you're not making yourself sick. Your symptoms are exactly zero evidence of muons. Perhaps you have convinced yourself to your own satisfaction that you are seeing muons; if you wish to convince others, you will need to take some basic steps to rule out other possibilities.

I have been university long time ago, but have not study atom pysics. I have consulted some friends but they can't say anything sure.
    My sympthoms dosn't prove anything your right. For me sympthons prove that some very strange have happened. And if I got healt broblem it is good idea to get shields. I did months ago.
    Shields depends what agains need to shield. So I put some shields then I see increased count rates outside of shields as inside of shields. Not funny.
    I just want shields that work. For other I give only point that when do experiments try get detection steup that are able to detect some high energy radiation too, including muons. (cost is ~60mm Fe + copper tube inside beta sensitive GM tube, less than 50$ insurance. Is it stupid idea or not?)
    And I dosn't try proof anything. I just need to know what almost undetectable radiation is flying out from my reactor.
    It have been over four months that radiation is not detected or it is minimal amounts. Same story as other LENR experiments: no radiation.
    But I got healt issues from radiation "that is not present". Including quite serious mental broblems (newer before, friends know me "rock solid").
    Then three day ago I got hint from Homlid paper that Cu can detect muons. So I put GM tube inside copper tube installed it outside of reactor shields and see too much counts.
    Ever have seen so much near reactor. And as you know that method is almost blind, show only small slice of negative muons.

For axil, camera is not broblem, temp, geigers etc. is posible to datalog. And I dosn't sit 8hrs/day near reactor. I try to be as distant as posible.
    But fuel needs replace, new things need test/built etc. It needs sometimes go near reactor. Shutdown only reduce slowly that radiation. It maybe once started dosn't stop until fuel completely destroyed (dissolve acid etc).
    And if it is machine it is definitely some kind of nanoscale accelerator in mouse holes. "park submarine in matchbox".
    In Me365 1st and 2nd thread his text style changed quite lot. There is posibility that he got that radiation to head too. Maybe diffrent sympthoms but at least text style changed.
    Then he scared plasma reactors and started to develop 5kw reactor. That time he have only enegy to give short ansvers. Then silence. How much more radiation he got with 5kw reactor? I lost maybe 70% of brains in week. Still something left and memory work most parts (I hope, that which is lost I don't know broblem)

• Quote from eros: “I have maybe 30g fuel inside”

This (30gr) seems to me to be an extraordinary amount of fuel. Might I enquire what are the main constituents?

Some unknow Ni powder. Maybe from bolinder factory. It purpose was maybe sinter objects, quite big grain. Definitely not nanoscale powder. Wery long time I take some sample from big sack. May have inpurity dust etc.
    So I assume it unefficient vs. nanoscale Ni (surface) then 30g is not much.
    Bare Ni dosn't generate XH for me (so far), but adding some Li I have seen some XH, cop max maybe 1.2.

AR had ~60g Ni in his hall heater, I try to get 5-10kw out (but still failed)

• I am curious. Rossi said that his time in the shipping containers affected his health. I wonder if his symptoms were neurological in nature: headaches, dizziness, ringing in the ears, sand in the eyes and difficulty in sleeping. Did Rossi ever talk about his 1 year test health hit?

Used, cooled down unshileded reactor core can do sun burn like redness to skin also. And very often make eys to hurt later. And is diffrent as welding hurt eys, from reactor it feels eys behind (hit direct to nervous?). Unshielded welding pain feels front of eyes.

• Experimenters can use any fuel they wish. The 'Model T' reactor is like a car - the brand of gasoline is entirely up to the owner.

Btw, as engineer48 say LAH and Ni+Li should separate. Come better if have separate heaters for fuel and LAH. Pressure cycles help lot. Mixing everything and one heater don't give controll. Succesfull replication with mixing everything is extreme hard as me365 say. (he also say that everything need controll separate)

So maybe you have soon to offer model T2 reactor with two heaters + manometer? ;)

Remote operation raspi clones are fine like orange pi (price start from 10$). GPIO have SPI, I2C etc. Usb, ethernet etc. Can remote log with ssh.

• Holmlid, at least at his power levels. How would a standard cloud chamber behave in this case?

I have feeling that if energetic muons >120Mev etc. then cloud chamber don't detect them??
    Too little braking energy to leave tracs..?

But if moderate/slow down them maybe decay/secondary reactions inside chamber can see?

I found old water freezer. If it is functional I can wrap thermost away + unneeded stuff, put glygol circulation. It maybe can do -10C glygol to circulate/cool chamber bottom, some alcohol + webcam to record. So chamber cost <10$.
    Broblem is that such film is extremly boring/time consuming to find something. Or if strange radiation leave tracks then it can be too foggy to see anything. Ok, need built first, time..

Have not study yet nuclear photo emulsions. They maybe leave track?

• According to the US patent US 7,893,414 B2 a thin layer of saturated > 90% load of PdD is able to stop most radiation.
    Did anybody try so far to coat an Ag foil surface with Pd and the load it with Deuterium? Or is this to exotic?

Lenr systems eat most radiation (atleast gamma). It is not new thing. There are other patents too.

But energy dosn't disappear and if it happes that PdD wall converts gammas to muon or kaon radiation (not detected easilly/by inventor) is it usable real shield? Or something else?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.