Who is James A. Bass? (CONFIRMED ACCORDING TO IH?)

• I'm not sure. Some here just don't want to be educated - unless it complies with existing belief systems! Otherwise a sort of virtuous inability to decide is invoked. In fact it seems everything is uncertain - except the sayings of Rossi...

• IH alleged that Rossi told them one time that it was Johnson Matthey, but they provided no evidence for this.

Technically, no evidence is available yet on nearly anything. The statements in the Complaint and Answer are claims that evidence exists or may exist. In this case, it would be established in court by testimony of one or more witnesses. If there is conflict of testimony, the jury watches the witnesses if it is important, or leaves it unresolved. This is why testimony must ordinarily be in person, so that probity can be assessed from witness behavior.

74. Also in furtherance of this scheme, Rossi, both in his individual capacity and as the representative of Leonardo, and Johnson, both in his individual capacity and as the representative of JMP, traveled to North Carolina in August 2014 to meet with individuals from Industrial Heat. During this meeting, Rossi and Johnson made a number of false representations to Industrial Heat, most notably that JMP (at the time called J.M. Chemical Products, Inc.) was a confidential subsidiary of Johnson Matthey p.l.c. (“Johnson Matthey”), and that Johnson Matthey was interested in using the E-Cat technology in connection with a confidential manufacturing process it wanted to operate in Florida. In fact, in August 2014 Johnson on behalf of JMP even warranted in writing that JMP “[was] owned by an entity formed in the United Kingdom, and none of Leonardo, Dr. Andrea Rossi, Henry W. Johnson nor any of their respective subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, employees, affiliates, significant others, or relatives by blood or marriage [had] any ownership interest” in JMP. See Compl. Ex. B. (last page of Plaintiffs’ Exhibit). JMP, however, has never been a subsidiary of Johnson Matthey, was not operating or planning to operate any manufacturing process in Florida, and was in fact owned by persons whom Johnson represented in writing did not have any ownership interest in JMP.

Notice: at this point IH does not have to prove anything. They are asserting items where they may provide evidence in court. In some cases, what they say may be speculation that they hope to find evidence for in discovery.

My guess is that the "ownership" of JMP is speculation, i.e, that it is owned by Johnson himself, most likely. The document referred to is the last page of 1.2, it was accidentally included with the Agreement; it was signed about two years later.

Learning more details would be . . . educational.

Oh sure. Not to mention hilarious. Both with respect to the legal process for getting at truth and also what the actual truth might be in the somewhat improbably event that this actually emerges from the whole mess.

• All of you are aware of the enigma that is James A. Bass, the claimed "Director of Engineering" of JM Products Inc. who spoke to visitors at the ware house in Doral, Florida where the one year test of the one megawatt plant took place. Now, the identity and address of this individual may have been found. Although it is not certain by any means that the James A. Bass discussed here is the same individual present during the testing of the one megawatt plant, there seems to be a possibility they are the same. But, then again, I could be totally wrong. The chance could be near zero. This post is for discussion purposes only: please do not under any circumstances attempt to contact or communicate with this individual: for all we know he is a totally different person. Regardless if he is the same James A. Bass or not, please respect his absolute right to privacy.

First, according to the following website, a James. A. Bass owns or did own a property, a house, in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
    http://www.city-data.com/browa…ty/N/NE-8th-Avenue-2.html
    Owner: James A. Bass
    XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX
    Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
    Land value: $289,380
    Building value: $144,930
    Total value for property: $434,310
    Last sale date: 07/28/2005
    Assessments for tax year: 2009
    Building area: 2,623 square feet

A search on the real estate site Trulia revealed a little more information about the property -- showing it seems to a typical, ordinary residence.

Single Family Residential
    2,673 sqft
    Stories: 1 story
    1 Unit
    Subdivision: TWIN OAKS 1ST ADD 42-15 B
    3 Bedrooms
    Lot Size: 0.35 acres
    A/C: Central
    1 Building
    County: Broward
    2 Bathrooms
    Built In 1966
    Roof: Built-up
    Foundation: Slab
    Tax Rate Code Area: 1111
    --
    From the website Florida Profile Pages we find out a little more about this individual.

http://floridaprofilepages.com…AutoDetectCookieSupport=1

James A Bass

Born May 21, 1945, Age 72, XXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXX

From the Voter Records website we learn a little bit more....

https://voterrecords.com/voter/8843213/james-bass

At the above site it is revealed he is a white, non-hispanic.

From the tax records at the following site, we learn he paid his property taxes near the end of November in 2015.

https://www.broward.county-tax…2D07%2D0274/bills/8845004

Now is where it gets a little interesting. My understanding is that James A. Bass is not an overly common name -- especially when the middle initial is displayed. However, from the following site, we learn that this James A. Bass is the President of an engineering company!

http://us-companies.info/fl/29…reactance_engineering_inc

Interestingly, his company was incorporated on 9/22/2014, which is not too long before the start of the one megawatt test on Feb 19 2015.

Reactance Engineering's information filed with the state of Florida can be found, here.

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=REACTANCEENGINEERING P140000781020&aggregateId=domp-p14000078102-2bec6042-f729-4679-ac37-a6b9efb94fea&searchTerm=reactance engineering&listNameOrder=REACTANCEENGINEERING P140000781020

He is also an officer of Flying Educators Inc., a non-profit company that has been incorporated for decades.

https://www.floridareg.com/com…4522/flying-educators-inc
    https://www.facebook.com/flyingeducators
    http://www.flyingeducators.com

According to the following site, he is also President of Advance Marine Inc.

http://www.manta.com/c/mmstx6d/advance-marine-inc

The following site gives more information about Advance Marine Inc.

http://www.smallbusinessdb.com…rfield-beach-fl-33441.htm

All of the above information tells us nothing for certain. However, when you look at all the information about this James A. Bass, there seems to be a chance he could be the "Director of Engineering" of JM Products.

One other coincidence is that a red SUV appears to be in the driveway of his residence. If I remember correctly, there is a satellite image of a red SUV parked behind the Doral, Florida warehouse where the test took place. There are millions of red SUVs in the world, so this is probably just a coincidence. However, considering everything together, I'm fascinated.

-- There are not too many individuals name James A. Bass in the world.
    -- This James A. Bass, according to Google, lives only 47.5 miles away from Doral, Florida or a 51 minute drive.
    -- His occupation is not only engineering, but he is the president of his own engineering consulting firm.
    -- His engineering firm incorporated only months before the start of the one megawatt test.
    -- He is an older gentleman and a Caucasian.

I can't help but wonder if this is the James A. Bass that acted as a Director of Engineering for JM Chemical Products.

Please post your thoughts in this thread!

Again, please do NOT attempt to contact this individual. We must respect his privacy.

PS: Interestingly, there seems to be another James A. Bass in the area -- I suspect he may be a family member.

• All of you are aware of the enigma that is James A. Bass, the claimed "Director of Engineering" of JM Products Inc. who spoke to visitors at the ware house in Doral, Florida where the one year test of the one megawatt plant took place. Now, the identity and address of this individual may have been found. Although it is not certain by any means that the James A. Bass discussed here is the same individual present during the testing of the one megawatt plant, there seems to be a possibility they are the same.

I.H. can do the same kind of search you just did. Surely, they can do more, and they have done more, to find this person. They can hire private detectives, for example. This is a lawsuit with $267 million at stake, so they are going to make every effort to find him. If they say they cannot find him and he does not exist, you can be pretty sure that is true.

Whoever he is, if they find him he will be in trouble. I'll bet Rossi's lawyer Johnson is trouble too. I predict one of these people will crack, and spill the beans on Rossi and the fake company, and that will be the end of this lawsuit. Even if they are not threatened with criminal sanctions against fraud, I.H. will nail them for millions of dollars if they do not cooperate.

• Good lead! Further Internet sleuthing shows James Alan Bass has a son Andy Bass who may also use the name James A. Bass. Also the property address is a back lot fronted by another lot which is also owned by James A. Bass. I hope this helps the proper parties track down the identity of the real James A. Bass.

• Official Post

Even if interesting, ethically we should let the judge manage the privacy of those people.

We can speculate on public people who choose to be public, like Rossi, or about water meter who have no privacy, but about people with uncertain identity and no desire to be public, we should be cautious. :oops:

• Quote from Jed

Whoever he is, if they find him he will be in trouble. I'll bet Rossi's lawyer Johnson is trouble too. I predict one of these people will crack, and spill the beans on Rossi and the fake company, and that will be the end of this lawsuit. Even if they are not threatened with criminal sanctions against fraud, I.H. will nail them for millions of dollars if they do not cooperate.

Jed, you may well be right. But I want to caution against binary thinking here.

Rossi has shown himself a master of half-baked plans and truths, as well as outright deception. Typically, he prefers misdirection to outright lying. And his idea of dramatic effect is perhaps such that he does not bother to distinguish between reality and semblance. That cuts both ways, because he might apply to semblance some of the things you would expect only for reality.

While it is clear that the customer is not "real" we do not know how elaborate is the semblance.

I strongly expect that his lawyer's statement "the customer is a UK entity not set up or owned by Rossi or family", or some such, is true. Rossi is quite capable of finding a real process engineer who will cooperate in setting up some prototype-scale process. All this could be conducted through a real (but shell-like) company. Rossi has talked of buying materials from (the real) JM. Usually these things he says have kernels of truth.

If that all sounds incoherent - well that is par for the course! It does mean that little bits of the picture here don't settle matters. I'd still expect Bass to reveal all on questioning. But "all" might well be Rossi trying to get some sort of pseudo-customer process set up and running, under his effective control but legally separate, with the 20kW or so of steam he was generating.

That is unless the rumours of empty customer area except for a radiator are true. But, in that case, Rossi could have been trying to get some sort of process set up with a Bass capable in theory of doing this and it (not surprisingly) might have fallen through.

Perhaps I'm being too complex here and the simplest solution - Rossi's customer is a blatant fraud as you suggest - is correct. Let us hope we find out!

Regards, THH

• THH,

I agree that there will probably be some semblance or some half effort to set something up with the "customer." Like all the tests, there is a fatal flaw, but just enough reality to hide the truth to many. Maybe he became overly confident and made a mistake as big as having only a radiator in the room. That would actually be a good thing as we could see this reach a conclusion more easily.

• ACCORDING TO IH DOCUMENTS THIS IS JAMES A BASS!

I WAS TOLD THIS COULD NOT BE JAMES A. BASS!

BUT ACCORDING TO THEIR OWN PDF, THIS IS THE CORRECT JAMES A. BASS!

• In the first attachment released today I.H. lists James A. Bass's address as:

James Bass 515 NE 8th Avenue
    Deerfield Beach, FL 33441

This is the same James Bass that I found previously.

http://floridaprofilepages.com…AutoDetectCookieSupport=1

I was told by certain individual(s) on this forum that this could NOT be James A. Bass. However, this seems to be the person I.H. current alleges to be James A. Bass.

• You did quite the internet Sherlock Holmes imitation. Impressive! :thumbup:

The real problem with Mr. Bass, is that my understanding is that he provided a card stating he was an engineer for J.M. Chemicals or was it Johnson Matheny(sp)?

I would imagine he is now very frustrated or probably mad that he took on a job and it has now turned into a lawsuit!

Perhaps we will get to hear his side of the story. But then as with everything Rossi, it is always under strict NDA. :(

• All of you are aware of the enigma that is James A. Bass, the claimed "Director of Engineering" of JM Products Inc. who spoke to visitors at the ware house in Doral, Florida where the one year test of the one megawatt plant took place. Now, the identity…

I would like to know how certain we can be that I.H. is 100% certain the James A. Bass living at Deerfield Beach is THE James A. Bass that claimed to be the engineering director. Is there any chance they are not 100% certain and just placed the most likely candidate on the court document?

If this is the real James A. Bass, then here is a link that references his engineering consulting firm:

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=REACTANCEENGINEERING P140000781020&aggregateId=domp-p14000078102-2bec6042-f729-4679-ac37-a6b9efb94fea&searchTerm=Reacsis Biohealth%2C Inc.&listNameOrder=REACSISBIOHEALTH P100000606070

Interesting, it seems to have been created not too awful long before the start of the year long test.

Could anyone else try to pull up some information about Reactance Engineering Inc?

And this is from the following YouTube Account
    https://www.youtube.com/user/bajawon

Is this James A. Bass or his son? Or is he a totally unrelated person?

For the record, I think this is another James Bass that lives in the area.

http://www.iwpflorida.com/flor…2011/james-bass/14060630/

The above Andy Bass is NOT the same individual, IMO. I don't think he has anything to do with the Andy Bass that worked with Rossi.

http://bajaoasis.tripod.com/andybass/

Instead of an engineer, he is an entertainer, animal lover, and actor.

"With more than 20 years experience, Andy has set the stage for hundreds of parties, performances, events, films and festivals.

From acting and emcee services, to stage and film production, to design and set-up of retail, warehouse, and home
    interiors, Andy's talent has no limits. "

• I would like to know how certain we can be that I.H. is 100% certain the James A. Bass living at Deerfield Beach is THE James A. Bass that claimed to be the engineering director. Is there any chance they are not 100% certain and just placed the most likely candidate on the court document?

100% certainty exists on some other planet, maybe. On Earth, nothing is 100% certain. However, it is highly unlikely that IH just pulled that address out of some directory. It may have been given them my JM Products, or they may have obtained it from Bass himself. Bass is now a defendant in the countersuit, and though we know little about him, he has appeared through an attorney. Because of that address, it may be possible for the public to determine more about Bass. The utility of this is unclear. For example, suppose Bass is actually a chemical engineer. Rossi could have engaged him to play the role. Smart move, eh? The real issue is the reality of the chemical plant. Bass will now be asked questions -- like those we can see that IH has been asked by Rossi -- and answers under oath of relevant questions can be legally compelled.

• Hello Abd,

Maybe 100% certainty doesn't exist, but I think many things can be 99.9%.

If I.H. has posted a specific address for a James A. Bass in a court document, I suspect they probably have some solid confirmation. But then again, I also find it possible (though significantly less likely) that if he was truly a mystery to them and the James A. Bass at the Deerfield address was the best match to their knowledge (without hard confirmation) they may have posted it. If Andrea Rossi complained, they could retort by saying, "then please, by all means, provide his name, identity, address, and other information."

I agree completely that the education, associations, and career experience of James A. Bass are not enough to confirm or deny the existence of a functioning plant manufacturing a project via an endothermic process. However, if there really was such a plant, then it would need a qualified, experienced engineer. Of course unqualified people are hired for jobs all the time -- sometimes they adapt well and other times they fall flat on their face and get fired. But in this case if he doesn't have a solid engineering background, then it would add credence to the notion that something very "fishy" may have been happening at the Doral site. And, you are right, his testimony would be far more important than his background. My hope is that he testifies soon and reveals ALL for better or worse.

• This was not difficult to find: https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-bass-38b2721

Yes, an engineer, but not a chemical engineer. My suspicion is that they hired him to do a job representing JM Products, and told him what to say, and that he had no idea if it was true or not, but not necessarily any reason to suspect that it wasn't true. I can easily imagine what he might have been told, that could lead him to accept the job and not suspect that anything was awry.

If so, and if he simply tells the truth, he is not likely to be in trouble. On the other hand, if he was deliberately deceptive, he could be screwed unless IH makes a deal with him.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.