Did Team Rossi Provide IH with James A. Bass's contact information?

• This does not look like the profile of someone with experience in power systems or power measurement.

The "Director of Engineering" for a Chemical company would be a chemical engineer, I would assume. However, given the appearances, it is likely the identity is fictitious and so some sort of match, if it is found, is likely to be a coincidence.
    For those who want to hold out for this test being real and the customer being real, it is certainly legitimate to wait. Speculation on identity is not going to help. If Rossi v. Darden goes to trial, much will come out.

However, unfortunately perhaps, I think there is a very good chance it will not go to trial. What I suspect will happen is that the original case will die, being rejected by the judge on a motion for summary judgment, very possibly this month, and then the countersuit will be settled and that may not involve revealing much that has not already been revealed.

IH has not necessarily revealed the whole case. In fact I am pretty sure they have not.

• If James A. Bass was a real engineer or an actor he needs to be questioned under oath. My hope is that he will be found if his real name was James A. Bass or not.

• I wonder if the subpoena went unabated today?

Or before today, the Order was a bit unclear to me. We would not necessarily know the result. The Court issues the subpoena, and I believe that all parties will receive the results from the telecom company. It may or may not be useful.

Most of the activity in the case right now will be invisible to us. If "John Doe" (Bass) is found, and notified of the suit, we would see, I expect, a Summons to him. He may then appear and waive service to gain time. Or he may be like Penon, he does not appear. If not actually served, nothing happens that we would see. If he is served and does not appear, a default judgment may be moved. It could become what is called, in the trade, "friggin' expensive." If he's some homeless person they found (there are homeless people with degrees!) BFD. Blood from a turnip. But ... it would all become more and more obvious what happened.

Piece of advice for future LENR inventors: if you have a real reactor, never, ever, allow even a hint of fraud in what you do. The strategy of pretending to be crazy or a fraud in order to divert competition can backfire massively. Keep secrets if you want, and the best secrets are not told to anyone without a need to know.

Pons and Fleischmann kept quiet about what they had found for a long time, knowing the flap that would appear. They allowed themselves to be pushed into premature revelation by a combination of legal pressure from the University, and fear that Jones was on the same trail. He wasn't. Any announcement of what they were doing should have been very carefully prepared, with no "press conference claims" not fully supported and confirmed with support already in place. What they actually had, and knew, and were confident of, was an anomalous heat effect. The radiation evidence they had was naive and obviously not vetted, not ready for publication, and essentially wrong.

The process of science requires social skills.

• Did IH finally contact James A. Bass and discover he really was named James A. Bass?

I would have to look at the document posted to the docket again, but it has been reported on this forum that they have stopped referring to him as "John Doe."

If they hadn't located him and confirmed his identity, I think they would have continued using the title, "John Doe."

• Then perhaps Bass is the one I dug up over a month ago, which is probably the same one Malcolm(?) found (sorry if I got that wrong). He doesn't look like Fioravanti, anyways. I didn't peer into his personal info, since there was no connection other than a name before. [We still don't know which Bass is Bass]

Edit: I found one by Googling "James A Bass Director of Engineering Florida"

• IH and apco will attempt to drive Rossi crazy with as many wild goose hunts as they can dream up.

If Mr. Bass does not exist, and I.H. made the story about him, why would this drive Rossi crazy? Why would he care about it, or think twice about it? He would know that they will never find this imaginary person. Without Bass's testimony, I.H. will have nothing. An imaginary Mr. Bass cannot hurt Rossi. He would be pleased to see I.H. waste resources in a wild goose chase.

On the other hand, if Bass a real person and he colluded with Rossi to defraud I.H., that will frighten Rossi. In that case, finding him would not be a wild goose chase.

I do not see what role APCO might play this. That is a public relations firm, not a law firm. In a lawsuit with $267 million at stake, I doubt that I.H. takes advice from a public relations firm.

• Then perhaps Bass is the one I dug up over a month ago, which is probably the same one Malcolm(?) found (sorry if I got that wrong).

It cannot be that person. If he were that person, with that actual name, I.H. would have found him right away, as easily as you did. There would not be any issue, and no requests by I.H. for the telephone company to look for him.

It has to be someone who used that name falsely, who cannot be found now.

• It cannot be that person. If he were that person, with that actual name, I.H. would have found him right away, as easily as you did. There would not be any issue, and no requests by I.H. for the telephone company to look for him.

That is basically what I thought when I found the Bass that I did, and why I did not pursue it.
    I would not be very pleased if my name just happened be the same as someone else in some lawsuit somewhere, and people were crawling through my personal info to see if they could implicate me somehow.

• I would not be very pleased if my name just happened be the same as someone else in some lawsuit somewhere, and people were crawling through my personal info to see if they could implicate me somehow.

I guess that would be upsetting. But I might also find it comical, like something out of a 1960s heist comedy movie. (My absolute favorite is "How to Steal A Million" with Audrey Hepburn.) There might some way to take advantage of the confusion and somehow end up holding the loot.

• I guess that would be upsetting. But I might also find it comical, like something out of a 1960s heist comedy movie. (My absolute favorite is "How to Steal A Million" with Audrey Hepburn.) There might some way to take advantage of the confusion and somehow end up holding the loot.

Depends on what the case was for...

Now if one had the same name as Bass, and happened to live in Florida, just imagine the sorts of nutbars combing through personal data, and emailing all sorts of crazy questions about secret processes and endothermic reactions.

• Official Post

In IH's very first response to Rossi's suit, they said about Bass: "Leonardo, Rossi, Johnson, JMP, Fabiani went so far as to create a fictional JMP employee-James A. Bass, despite diligent search counter-plaintiffs have been unable to locate this individual for the simple reason he does not exist".

Now they dropped all that in this latest (document 45-1 Eric provided), and refer to him now as "Bass". Not "James A."...only as Bass. As before, they still believe he is a resident in that area. They did however expand Bass' role, to include conspiring with the others to dupe IH into believing JMP was real, and also that he helped, along with the others, to "restrict access to the JMP area at the Doral location". I do not know what this means, but it seems to have some significance...or at least it does to us junkies. :)

Clearly though, IH is not backing down from JMP being the customer, with no real need for the heat, and that they were duped. That has hardly changed from the start. All the fraud, deceit, unclean hands, are still on the table, and appear to be supported by evidence IH has not yet submitted to the court, or that we are not privy to. However, I find it odd IH has not asked for a Motion of Judgement (throw the case out) based on that -damning as it would be if true, and I also find it equally odd that Rossi has not addressed that particular allegation.

• Now if one had the same name as Bass, and happened to live in Florida, just imagine the sorts of nutbars combing through personal data, and emailing all sorts of crazy questions about secret processes and endothermic reactions.

Ah, ha! Good point. So, how can you steal a million if you are James Bass and nutbars keep calling you about secret processes? Take a lesson from Rossi, that's how. Some of those nutbars may be the people in Sweden who Rossi is grooming as his next set of victims. They have money! So, pretend you have a secret. "I was in charge of engineering; I know more about this than Rossi himself." Promise to reveal it in a complicated multi-step transaction involving a suitcase full of money, a dead drop, a beautiful woman, and a 1960s sports car.

The screenplay begins to write itself.

• Patient! At due time we will know what was said during the discovery hearing, as long as they don't redact everything in court doc 48.
    https://www.pacermonitor.com/p…ossi_et_al_v_Darden_et_al

TRANSCRIPT of Discovery Hearing held on 8/30/16 before Magistrate Judge John J. O'Sullivan, 1-44 pages, Court Reporter: Carl Schanzleh, 305-523-5635. Transcript may be viewed at the court public terminal or purchased by contacting the Court Reporter/Transcriber before the deadline for Release of Transcript Restriction. After that date it may be obtained through PACER. Redaction Request due 10/11/2016. Redacted Transcript Deadline set for 10/20/2016. Release of Transcript Restriction set for 12/19/2016.(hh)

• The arguments here about APCO are not rational. They satisfy the "money and dark forces" meme that is so prevalent and plays well with the gallery.

Paid shilling and FUD is not a meme, It's the real life of scoundrels hiring dimwit yet verbose nutjobs

You, on the other hand...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.