Robert V Duncan at TTU: 5Mn$ for hydride research in "Seashore research LLC"

• I contacted Holcomb and received a reply that Scarborough is no longer at TTU, but is currently attending UT Austin through a distance program for nuclear and radiation engineering. He provided her TTU email address which he said should still be active even though he noted that she left TTU in fall 2015. TTU's website states that student email addresses are only active for 180 days after their last attendance, so she must still be associated with TTU in some way.

A quick search of this program turns up the following from UTA's distance education page:

"It has served many graduate students in the national laboratories, industry and the Department of Defense who have sought advanced degrees while maintaining full time employment."

Since we know that Scarborough purchased a home in Wolfforth in October 2015 (and quite an expensive one at that), it seems likely that she is still working with Duncan and is likely employed full time through whatever money funneling Gates is doing through TTU.

I remember in another thread here that Trevor Dardik was listed as being associated with Seashore and McKubre (ICCF 20). Was anyone else able to find additional information about Dardik's involvement? I'd imagine this is the son of Alison Godfrey, and if that's the case she may also be involved considering that McKubre and Godfrey have worked together in the past. Another interesting find: according to public records Dardik purchased a home in Lubbock in October 2015, the same month that Scarborough purchased her home.

[Dardik property records]

[Dardik wedding announcement]

I wasn't 100% sure this was Dardik due to odd name listing on these records, but a quick search confirmed this with his wedding announcement to the other person listed.

• "We expect the new faculty members to establish and develop an internationally recognized and visionary research program in experimental condensed matter physics, broadly defined. Considerable resources are available at TTU to strengthen and support interdisciplinary and collaborative research efforts. These include generous start-up funds and the building of state-of-the-art laboratories ..."

Inquiries should be sent to Professor Robert V. Duncan ( ... @ttu.edu) . Review of applications will start November 1, 2018 and will continue until the positions are filled.

• Official Post

"We expect the new faculty members to establish and develop an internationally recognized and visionary research program in experimental condensed matter physics, broadly defined. Considerable resources are available at TTU to strengthen and support interdisciplinary and collaborative research efforts. These include generous start-up funds and the building of state-of-the-art laboratories ..."

Inquiries should be sent to Professor Robert V. Duncan ( ... @ttu.edu) . Review of applications will start November 1, 2018 and will continue until the positions are filled.

This is a significant find by Ahlfors , and encouraging. No matter if the process started last Nov 2018, or maybe 2019 as Sergei questions, this would mean Duncan's Texas Tech/Seashore Research program, was recently, or currently looking promising enough, to give them the confidence to put up a "help wanted" sign. While that does not prove they are having some success, it seems unlikely they would hire someone had they been unsuccessful.

Duncan attended ICCF21 in June 2018, and word afterwards was that he would be publishing results in a major journal. We have not seen that happen yet, but in the meantime he also attended the recent MIT Colloquium. Another good sign IMO.

• Official Post

It is also significant in that the words nuclear and fission seem absent. If Duncan et. al. are close to having functional LENR, doesn't that seem strange to you (collective "you")?

Makes sense to me. I ill contact Duncan and mention your great idea to him. Suggest to him also, that maybe he should add that these "nuclear/fission" experiments are taking place on campus, they have no idea why it works the way it does, and that it has not blown up...yet.

• Ahlfors:

The "Research Technician" document is telling.

You really are good at internet sleuthing! I better not do anything naughty on the internet or you will find me.

(The New York Times has been running a series of articles about internet privacy. "The Privacy Project." One of the articles listed a website that supposedly knows all about you. I looked myself up there. It is completely wrong. Partly mixed up with someone else. Here is the latest addition to the Project. This is hilarious; the others are serious:

Your Privacy Is Our Business

Let us reassure you: You’re worried only because you don’t understand anything about anything.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0…vacy-is-our-business.html

The others are listed below this article.)

• It is also significant in that the words nuclear and fission seem absent. If Duncan et. al. are close to having functional LENR, doesn't that seem strange to you (collective "you")?

Not a bit. Many people in the cold fusion biz try to avoid saying "fusion" or "nuclear." They don't want to rile up the anti-nuke crowd. Everyone knows it is nuclear but this is research that dare not speak its name. Like AI neural networks in the 1990s, when you couldn't publish a paper and you might even be fired for talking about them. That's academic politics for you. Vicious, because the stakes are so low (attrib. Woodrow Wilson).

• Do you see how silly that is? Thesis seems to be that everyone knows but they don't get riled up unless you tell them?

Yes, the anti-Nuke crowd is pretty silly. Although they were a lot more right than I realized before Fukushima.

I recall MRI machines used to be called nuclear magnetic resonance imaging machines (NMRI). They changed the name to avoid upsetting ignorant people.

It is all a matter of wording. Perhaps if we could think of a new name for vaccinations, we might persuade more people they are okay and reduce the global crisis the WHO delicately calls "vaccine hesitancy." Maybe call them acupuncture administered crystal healing essence?

• Yes, the anti-Nuke crowd is pretty silly. Although they were a lot more right than I realized before Fukushima.

I recall MRI machines used to be called nuclear magnetic resonance imaging machines (NMRI). They changed the name to avoid upsetting ignorant people.

It is all a matter of wording. Perhaps if we could think of a new name for vaccinations, we might persuade more people they are okay and reduce the global crisis the WHO delicately calls "vaccine hesitancy." Maybe call them acupuncture administered crystal healing essence?

One of our helicopter pilots likes to remind us that the rapidly rotating parts are not "propellers", they are "spinning blades of death".

This seems to instill a bit more respect for the clearances around the rotating parts.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.