Opinion on Swedish Radio : An Enemy of LENR and Clean Energy – the Misguided Environmentalist…

• Official Post

Sifferkol, a Swedish blogger propose an interesting interpretation of recent charge of the Swedish public Radio against E-cat and cold fusion.
    The author judge that this attack is launched by Ulrika Björksten (the "boss" of the program), who use her power in that media to fight this disruptive change, this clean energy, that endanger current green business agenda.

As not understanding Swedish, nor living in Sweden, unlike the author, I cannot judge of the personality, the past behaviors, the activism, the body language, nor the interest of Ulrika Björksten.

However as an observer of french politics, of European politics, of Global dynamics around research, green business, NGO, politics, I have warned people of that profile of "Misguided Environmentalist". We should prepare to fight people who in the name of clean planet will fight LENR, not because it is dirty, but because it is fighting their old vision of green energy, of Malthusian solutions.

The physicists who opposed violently the chemistry finding of Fleischmann&Pons were honest scientists who have fallen in love with their two-body free-space model of nuclear physics, and it's comfortable road to academic recognition and peer-satisfaction.

Many LENR theorist slowed LENR development, and brought avoidable ridicule to LENR by falling in love with their pet theory.

The next rank of opposition will be environmental activists who have fallen in love with green energies and Malthusians scarcity. The battle will be fierce since they control media and moral authority. They will defend their business share, their vote share, and finally their public recognition.

I'm much less afraid of the barbarian herd of business incumbent, who will scatter at the first hope to make more money than their neighbor by endorsing LENR.

As says Nassim Nicholas Taleb : " I trust those hungry for dollars a thousand times more than those hungry for honors and rank. "

• Yes, the green fascists who prefer the "Malthusian" solution (millions of humans starving to death) are opposed to LENR and to the E-Cat. The power provided by LENR technology will allow us to put hundreds of millions of new people into the wastelands of Nevada, and to house them in beautiful domed cities, with all of the modern conveniences, and those lucky new people will have as many children as they want to have.

So screw the green fascist Malthusians. If they want Earth's human population to be reduced then they can start that process today by blowing their own brains out. And good riddance to them. We LENRites will not miss them one iota.

• Official Post

What is happening is a pain to me, but I hope it will end soon... maybe...

When I was kid, I have been raised in green momentum, educated about the Minamata tragedy (much more real than Fukushima), the Redsludge risk, dangerous chemical in food... Much work have been done in the 70s for a safer world. I am conscious of all the good work, which make my air , the river I can now bath in, the sea I can fish in, much cleaner than in the 1960s, and of course in the 1900s.
    And as one founder of Greenpeace said, like we see in many religion, in the 90s (with Berlin Wall fall?) the organizations quickly radicalized toward Luddite and Malthusian philosophy.*
    All that way of mind is contaminating public organizations, like UNO, media, politicians, and let's laugh even the terrorists.

Cold fusion may, but it is not sure, have the capability to change that depressive mood.

First, cold fusion, for the best and I'm afraid the worst too, will challenge the consensus, the "science is settled", the "trusts us"... But I'ma afraid that the rats will take advantage more quickly than the cows. That pseudo-science, conspiracy theories, will grow quicker than the mainstream conspiracy theories and pseudo-science will be fixed.

Second, cold fusion will give more comfort, first to the emerging countries. This will make a huge shock of positivism. I imagine that since the Luddites and the Malthusians control the West, the will not take advantage quickly of LENR... Letting the Asian, African and Latin American emerging countries, take the lead on global economics.
    Those countries are more positive. I can observe the elites there , the local bourgeoisie, is very much contaminated by Western Malthusian depression (less by Luddites), but those countries can pass over their elite, creating innovation from the bottom.

So my bet is that LENR will pust to the top the Asian, then African economies, making them the new "America", a dynamic zone of free enterprise, innovation, for courageous people, with a huge growth, huge challenges...

China is not my best bet today as it have governance problems which make it a too big to save system.
    I have more hope in weakly governed countries like Indonesia, which allow expression of internal dissent, avoiding catastrophic risks. This country is rich, complex, varied, making it a ground of opportunities where problems have to be solved and cannot be hidden.
    Africa is really the next Dragon after Indonesia, a very complex zone, whose future is impossible to predict because it is complex like dozens of Europes and Chinas.
    South America is intermediate from Western and Asia, and I expect it to join Western countries from bottom as West is collapsing, but not grow higher like Asia.

• Official Post

On Mat's Lewan blog Slabadang makes this similar critic on the editor:
    http://matslew.wordpress.com/2…ts-it-black/#comment-2846

• Its yet to late to speculate about a hidden agenda for any particular person.
    Yes for some environmentalists this may be true. If such new energy source will be
    real the environmental movement will brake in two parts.

But the true about the effects of cheap and clean energy on human population will become the opposite than believed.
    The effects from electrification, health care and education is lower birth-rates.
    If you want many people keep the pore, uneducated and without electricity.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

you are right.
    Malthusian fear are non scientific.
    not only t the demography of earth will turn down soon, as it is planned since the 70s, faster than expected because today fecundity get down before wealth increase, but technology and comfort make fecundity go down.

I agree that green movement will split between doomers and cleaners

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.