Randell Mills GUT - Who can do the calculations?

• He's basically trying to be the dictator of an entire branch of science which he has no right to be. But even if he was trying, his dictatorship is a flop.

Ok. That is your opinion. In my eyes you are overinterpreting this waaaaaaay too much. A dictator? Seriously? Abandon the most probable candidate of a grand unifiying theory because he does not want to be replicated? Mills is writing tons of papers that give nearly all the details about the equipment and the exact way how to do this. Including the exact composition of his catalysts (except for his latest catalyst in the suncell). Basic research cannot be forbidden. But using the catalysts he found within 20 years of work can of course be patented.

Rossi tells more or less nothing about his device. Non of his patents can be replicated with success. So I personally go with the completly open guy that censors only the chemical structure of his catalyst in the validation report of his latest (!!!) device and gives all other details and does not want his catalysts to be used by anybody else then with the guy who tells more or less nothing.

Are you american? Then I understand your momentaneous emotional stress.

• Randell Mills is not a decent human being. As I said in my previous post, he is a thug. Andrea Rossi, despite his less than complete honesty and straightforwardness, has never attempted to sue those who performed replications of his technology. He never sent cease and desist letters to Parkhomov, Songsheng, Stepanov, Alan Smith, and a dozen other individuals. Why? Because Andrea Rossi realizes that attempting to prohibit, under threat of litigation, basic scientific research is absolutely repugnant. It's not simply bad, but the polar opposite of the open source movement.

@MrSS: There are more than a half dozen Russian researchers, who work on the same technology as Mills has and some even much longer than Mills. High current electrolysis is also much older than Mill's research and it worked without the hydrino knowledge, which is experimentally still not confirmed except some lower levels.

Physical effects can not be patented, if they occur naturally. The same happened to the inventors of the maser... And Hydrino, if they are stable must occur naturally. The only thing Mill's can patent is his SUNCELL process nothing more.

• "Ok. That is your opinion. In my eyes you are overinterpreting this waaaaaaay too much. A dictator? Seriously? Abandon the most probable candidate of a grand unifiying theory because he does not want to be replicated? Mills is writing tons of papers that give nearly all the details about the equipment and the exact way how to do this. Including the exact composition of his catalysts (except for his latest catalyst in the suncell). Basic research cannot be forbidden. But using the catalysts he found within 20 years of work can of course be patented."

Yes. Absolutely seriously. The fact that Randell Mills would send a cease and desist letter to a replicator makes him pure filth in my opinion. If the individual had been selling a product that utilized Mills intellectual property without a license, I would not feel so strongly. But to try and claim anyone who desires to replicate his claims about the hydrino needs to sign up with BLP or face a lawsuit is simply a sign of extreme arrogance. And I don't care if his catalyst required a hundred years of work or a thousand! If someone isn't replicating it in order to produce a product to violate his IP, then he has ZERO right to threaten a lawsuit!

"Rossi tells more or less nothing about his device. Non of his patents can be replicated with success. So I personally go with the completly open guy that censors only the chemical structure of his catalyst in the validation report of his latest (!!!) device and gives all other details and does not want his catalysts to be used by anybody else then with the guy who tells more or less nothing."

Songsheng, Parkhomov, and others have indeed replicated the fluid heater patent with success. And, he has told us quite a bit about his devices. We know the exact specifications and designs of at least a few of his hot cat designs due to IH posting them in patent applications. When it comes to his fuel, we know most of the most important information. I do think Andrea Rossi could have left some very important practical considerations out. For example, heating profiles, the importance of high purity LiAlH4, triggering methods, and other issues.

However, no lack of disclosure from any inventor comes close in terms of sheer arrogance as threatening non-competitors who simply wish to replicate the basic effect. That is beyond despicable. And for the record, if Andrea Rossi ever threatened or tried to sue a replicator who was not seeking to manufacture/sell/market a commercial product, I'd wish the same fate for the E-Cat as well. Regardless of its performance or benefit to the world, I'd want it ripped away from him forever.

• "Are you american? Then I understand your momentaneous emotional stress."

Yes, I am. And if this is a jab at the President Elect, I would like to respond VERY briefly.

The ONLY emotional stress I'm under in this regards is if he will keep ALL of his promises. If he does, I'll be happy. If he succumbs to pressures and ends up breaking his promises, I'll be very upset.

For the most part, I'm tremendously relieved as if a thousand pound weight had been lifted off my shoulders on this issue. The alternative was unacceptable.

• My calculation shows also that you get the excited states

R = lambda * n

But what these calculation don't show the function representing hydrino states e.g. a superposition of waves having

R = lambda / n

Anyone who have a clue how to represent the associated photon standing wave in the resonant cavity for hydrinos?

• I have followed Blacklight (now Brilliant) Light Power for 20 years. I have been and still am critical of the company's branding and commercialization projections. Very possibly the company would be more successful with an "open source" thrust for art developed from the Grand Unified Theory of Classical Physics. It's easy to criticize from the cheap seats. The privately funded research, which has led from basic theory through a series of failed embodiments toward final success requires promotion. And, as searchers of the truth we need to plug our noses and recognize that this hunt for dollars is a necessary evil. Perhaps we can discern true progress from the pressure to promote progress to attract funding. And also forgive.

I have thoroughly accept Mills' model of the electron. No other theory explains the neutrino deficit, dark matter galaxies like Dragonfly 44, the k-effect, and temperatures in the chromosphere. Over the years, as I investigated each Blacklight embodiment, I ultimately determined that each would fail to result in commercial products. I'm so frustrated that the theory is so elegant and simple, yet the production of an "engine" remains so illusive. I am emboldened by my prior skill (luck?) in predicting these outcomes.

I attended the company's Industry Day presentation on October 26. I now predict that the SunCell™ will become a fantastically successful product, as revolutionary as the internal combustion or steam engine. I was in the meeting in 1984 when Steve rolled out the Macintosh. I believe that the SunCell™ will surpass that product with unimaginable commercial success. This device has overcome all fatal engineering flaws and so each successive product model over the next few decades should be smaller, cheaper, more powerful and more durable.

The power density of the SunCell is now over 1.5MW/M^2. It's fueled by readily available commercial H3 gas (97% Ar - 3% H), the electrodes or gears in recent models have been replaced by liquid electrodes of molten silver with the hydrogen and catalyst dissolved therein. The 3000°K temperature of an 8" globe is governed simply by the vaporization temperature of silver at ten atmospheres so the overheat control is simply a pressure release valve. THERE ARE NO MOVING PARTS in the reaction chamber. Engineering now is focused on design of specially-shaped PV cells to capture the light emitted from the globe, retain an inert gas environment and dissipate waste heat.

We all wait for a commercially successful machine to prove Mills theory. If this is the proof, indeed science is failing us and we are failing it. Grand Unified Theory of Classical Physics was proven YEARS ago to those who examine the results. Yet with all this said, I do NOT think that a commercially successful 100kw SunCell™ will become and instant revelation recognized by the masses like the possibility of cheap, abundant nuclear power after Hiroshima. The lamp must be put on stand; not hidden in box. If the company simply puts the globe in a jar and turns it on, this revolution will be visible to even the the most dim among us. The 3000°k temperature is 10% hotter than the filament of a light bulb, yet the globe has 10,000 times more area. At 27 feet the globe will look like and feel like the sun. You will go blind if you look at it. At twelve feet it will feel like the surface of Mercury. It will be totally apparent that something absolutely new is upon us, like the day Jobs screwed the mouse into the back of the Macintosh.

I believe that Randell C Mills is the greatest physicist who has ever lived. I attended Brett Holverstott's book signing in Seattle, so I now posses the first biography of Mills signed by the Author and Mills. It will become quite valuable.

Well, I show up here and this is my first post. I feel kind of like Forrest Gump, "I'm sorry ruined your Black Panther Party." GUTCP is here to stay. It must increase so don't feel bad about LENR being upstaged. Think about how oil, gas, coal, wind, solar, hydro and nuclear will feel.

Cheers,

Jim Hansen

• Official Post

@JamesNeilHansen You are very welcome here. As for your final comment 'don't feel bad about LENR being upstaged' , I most people here are just focused on the need to improve the way we use our fragile planet's resources. At the moment members just respond to, comment on, research and experiment in areas that seem most interesting, and in the case of experimenters, what seems affordable and accessible. Further insights into Mill's ideas and motivation are of interest to (almost) all of us.

• Alan Smith: "Even Randall Mills can't patent physics, and how could he possibly forbid someone else from experimenting? Is he planning to put a copyright tag on each and every hydrino?"

I dunno how he wants to do it, nevertheless he attempted for it already... Simon Brink stated, that he received from BLP threats of legal action because of his work: “Cease and desist notices. IP infringement”. A legal threat against research in such a matter is in fact a crime by itself. Based on the USPTO Patent Term Calculator, Mills' patent "Lower-energy hydrogen methods and structures ", expired on January 26th, 2016 (assuming there were no Patent Term Extensions or Patent Term Adjustments). After all, Andrea Rossi also already attacked Piantelli patents just because he dared to patent lithium first...

In my (and also Simon Brink's one) view Mills is most scared that his theory will be shown to be inconsistent or only partly representative of his energy systems. If this is the case (which it appears to be) much of his IP and many of his approx. 100 patents may be legally useless. In his opinion, Mills is
    acting like a tyranical despot because he doesn't want replicators to prove the "suncell" varient of his technology is NOT pure hydrino and is mostly LENR! The fact that BLP tries to suppress basic scientific research only means they are not worthy of our attention. Any organization which would send a cease and desist letter to a replicator (who is not seeking to commercialize the technology) is not worthy of existing. After all, Randell Mill's theory is pretty hit and miss - maybe there has been a deliberate attempt to "muddy" theory to try to protect IP. If this is the case, it may end up being his downfall commercially. After all, If LENR technologies which theoretically produce millions of eV per reaction arrive on the market soon they may cause BLP to lose future funding in similar way, like other "renewable" technologies.

• I do not agree with the logic that Mills doesn't want replication efforts because he fears that it will show that the reaction doesn't work. The reaction that leads to the creation of the Hydrino has already been replicated in multiple labs. Some of the key information regarding the replications has been redacted for competitive reasons. The investors in BLP know all they need to about these replications. BLP has raised $120MM. That money simply wouldn't be coming in without solid validation studies. Investors hire scientific advisors to perform or read the validation studies, and then make their decision whether or not to invest. These investors, under NDA, know much more about these replication and validation studies than the general public.

It is too bad that it is coming down to LENR vs Hydrino. After years of watching and reading about this I firmly come down in the camp of Hydrino. I think we are less than a year away from a Kitty Hawk type event with the SunCell. It is very close to getting off of the ground. LENR is still struggling to create a basic, sustainable reaction. But at some point the community is going to have to come to terms that another theory and reaction are much, much further along. What P&F did was huge for science. I believe Mills partly became interested in this because of their work, and he probably raised a few dollars in the early days because of the hype surrounding CF. It also probably hurt Mills when the revolt against CF began. But in my mind this is all almost over. And that is something to be excited about.

• /* LENR is still struggling to create a basic, sustainable reaction */

One of most reliable forms of LENR is the plasma electrolysis, not quite accidentally similar to process of SunCell reactor.
    The hydrino formation was never observed during it, but formation of tritium and transmutations of potassium or rubidium into calcium and strontium

/* The investors in BLP know all they need to about these replications. BLP has raised $120MM. That money simply wouldn't be coming in without solid validation studies.*/

The investors would fear the investments into nuclear reactor, which is subject of many regulations. The BLP technology may look more palatable from this perspective, but I don't believe, it runs on hydrino formation.

• In science, there has alway been a cascade of alternative explanations where a new theory supplants the old one. The advancement of science has always been based on data and experimentation. Mills theory could be a misinterpretation of the data.

For example, Mills uses the dark matter and dark energy posit as an explanation for many assumptions that show up in this work.

In the SunCell for example, once hydrogen is converted to hydrinos by the reaction, it penetrates the SunCell as dark matter. This answers the problem of waste accumulation.

But what if dark matter does not exist as a particle? This dark matter posit is just an assumption that is now generally held in science. That assumption may not be true.

Science is changing at the cutting edge. Currently, the new thing is quantum information theory where space/time and gravity is emergent from a holographic projection of a digital base encoding of reality.

This new theory shows that general relativity is incomplete and gravity theory needs to be adjusted.

I asked Ethan Segel to explain how this theory will impact new science and replace the idea about dark matter and dark energy. To my delight he responded. This will save me a lot of leg work. I will write a post on this subject in the near future. But for now, read what Ethan Siegel has to say about it below. In short, Mills explanation of reaction waste flow in the SunCell may be incorrect based on an inaccurate assumption.

Ask Ethan: What If Gravity Isn't Really Fundamental?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/st…fundamental/#59c193bc39d9

• Axil,

If hydrinos or other forms of novel dense hydrogen matter easily produced in the laboratory exist, they must be quite abundant in the Universe even though they have not been directly observed yet. Do you agree with this statement?

Now we know that one mode of transmutation as a isotopic fuel conversion process in the LENR reaction is Li7 to Li6, the lithium problem is most likely a consequence of this LENR mode of fuel consumption.

• If hydrinos or other forms of novel dense hydrogen matter easily produced in the laboratory exist, they must be quite abundant in the Universe even though they have not been directly observed yet. Do you agree with this statement?

Hydrinos may undergo spin-orbit-coupling transitions. As nobody (besides Mills) seriously calculated the corresponding frequencies nobody found them.. , => most papers concerning hydrinos are at least co-authored by Mills. But from a scientific point of view some hydrino states (resonances!) can be assumed as confirmed.

But lets wait: If he reports Helium as a final product of the self-sustain mode then the discussion is relaunched. (The other result may be H(-135..137) also called electron deep orbit H)

The other form of dark matter - Ryberg H (exitation level 80-..-120) is visible in the IR band, but has been overlooked for a long time.

• Great to read everyone's views.

The story behind the Cease and Desist notice I received from Mills has some interesting complexities. At the time I was involved in discussions of the yahoo "Society for Classical Physics" Group, which appears neutral but is actually run by Brilliant Light Power. Content is actively managed such that nothing passes censorship that references to "cold fusion", "LENR" or similar. At the same time the group is used by BLP to harvest ideas from loyalist to further develop the GUToCP theory and technology. (I am band from post on the group now).

What seemed to be the biggest concern that Mills had about me was that I was actively questioning the GUToCP theory, including giving public talks that covered GUToCP, quantum, LENR and new atomic theory I have been working on.

Mills is definitely bringing together some of the most significant insights into physics of the past 100 years, but is clear that currently GUToCP is still 'The truth, the part truth, and nothing but the part truth', so read with care. For example issues I can see include:
    - often maths before logic
    -no link between Maxwell equations and inverse Rydberg
    -nucleus structures not identified
    - nucleon structures unconvincing
    - poor explanation of double slit observations
    - minimal linkage between nucleus and electrons
    - Inverse Rydberg theory not fully consistent with original experimentation by Mills
    - theory keeps changing

My recommendation for researchers is to look first at the original Mills experimental papers, rather than GUToCP.

Hopefully with improved understanding, commercial systems can be developed by many that can contribute to mitigating agro-economic collapse at 4 degrees above pre-industrial, as per the reality of Paris commitments.

For information on the new atomic model I am developing, go to: www.subtleatomics.com

• What seemed to be the biggest concern that Mills had about me was that I was actively questioning the GUToCP theory, including giving public talks that covered GUToCP, quantum, LENR and new atomic theory I have been working on.

Simon: Well come to the forum!

You say that there are some discrepancies between experiments and hydrino level “physics”. What I see out of independent research is: Hydrino-like energy levels exist, but are these mere resonances or can we talk of stable ( room temperature, pressure!) orbits?

Under low pressure, we have some independent confirmation of stable orbits between H(0) an Deep orbits (-137).

Where do you see the discrepancies? (Except in the idea of the increase of the central charge..)

• Quote from gameover: “If hydrinos or other forms of novel dense hydrogen matter easily produced in the laboratory exist, they must be quite abundant in the Universe even though they have not been directly observed yet. Do you agree with this…

On the question about experimental vs theoretical:
    Issues include:
    - early data matches 13.6ev multiples, by not inverse Rydberg patterns
    - spectroscopy shows 13.6ev cutoffs, rather than peaks
    - not consistent with electron fission data
    - no validation that de-excited states should be smaller rather than bigger than ground state
    - no match between inverse Rydberg and electrodynamic equations
    - theory doesn't identify a valud fusion mechanism, but LENR research clearly shows transmutation.

On the quote above, as identified, according to the Mills theory perhaps there should be lots of hydrinos, but there aren't. In my view ground state is the highest energy stable state. De-excited states (similar to hydrinos, but larger, not smaller, than ground state) should continually absorb background energy and return to ground state. De-excited states will actually have a half life, and probably quite a short one, so won't be that common in high density regions, (like on earth) but can be observed in low density inter-stellar regions.

In my view Mills has done very well so far and theory is close enough to develop successful commercial systems, but there are still some theory details that still need a fair bit more work.

• On the quote above, as identified, according to the Mills theory perhaps there should be lots of hydrinos, but there aren't. In my view ground state is the highest energy stable state. De-excited states (similar to hydrinos, but larger, not smaller, than ground state) should continually absorb background energy and return to ground state. De-excited states will actually have a half life, and probably quite a short one, so won't be that common in high density regions, (like on earth) but can be observed in low density inter-stellar regions.

Lief Holmlid has cited Hole superconductivity as described by J. E. Hirsch as a mechanism to override electron orbits using the “Spin Meissner effect” and the formation of the "Super Atom". I have speculated that this effect could underpin what Mills has seen in his experiments.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1202.1851v1.pdf

Correcting 100 years of misunderstanding: electric fields in superconductors, hole superconductivity, and the Meissner effect

The hole superconductor is metastable and could remain in place for days to months based on the strength that the Superatom gleans from its environment. This stability is observed in Holmlid's experiments.

Experimental evidence has shown that a massive particle is detected in LENR ash which could be evidence for this metallic hydride superatom.

• Thanks for succinctly outlining your concerns regarding the GUTCP model. I think having a thoughtful critique of the model is always a good thing.

I agree in part. I certainly would like to see a more definitive proof for the double-slit one way or the other. However, the element that has always made it difficult for me to reject GUTCP has been the extraordinary match of GUTCP's calculation of the 1-20 electron atom ionization levels with experiment. I've worked through and replicated the equations myself and it's absolutely the case the GUTCP is an exact match to physical reality. I also find it persuasive that Mills and others have seen EUV continuum radiation with cutoffs predicted by the equation 91.2nm / (n - 1)^2. I don't know how you could obtain that type of spectrum with hydrino states that weren't exactly as Mills describes - i.e. with fractional orbit radii.

Do you propose an alternate explanation?

• There needs to be a mechanism that permits usually imposible reactions to happen as a low probability occurrence. Very weak reactions such as occurs with magnets and the metabolism of microorganisms need a mechanism to activate a reaction that should not be able to occur but does occur rarely.

Such as tunneling mechanism is similar if not identical to radioactive decay were soner of latter, the 90 GeV W boson pops into existence and transforms a particle into another through symmetry breaking.

Mills theory rejects quantum electrodynamics(QED), but with QED, the questions that QED was formulated to answer go unresolved. I need to have an answer to those questions. QED must be there in my universe.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.