Engineer48: There's gold in them thar books!

• Any news about that one week wonder, Engineer48, his discovery of how LENR works (through Mats' book), and his plans to sell 1000 kits for home LENR replication? He certainly got e-catworld's members hearts aflutter! Has he been "disappeared" from public consciousness like other embarrassments like Defkalion?

• I'm building a system to measure the rate and amount of hydrogenation of Ni and other transitional metals at various pressures, temperatures, hammering molecules, surface ionisation, etc, partly using BET theory.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BET_theory
    Goal is to have a easy to follow recipe to obtain good H loading of Ni or other transitional metals.

Plan is end up with an almost totally computerised system so to try to reduce human uncertainty.

• Any news about that one week wonder, Engineer48, his discovery of how LENR works (through Mats' book), and his plans to sell 1000 kits for home LENR replication? He certainly got e-catworld's members hearts aflutter! Has he been "disappeared" from public consciousness like other embarrassments like Defkalion?

Defkalion was extremely open in explaining their IP, far more than Rossi. Defkalion did not hide behind an patent and was very supportive of their fellow LENR developers. The degenerate cabul that discounts Defkalion motives deserve what they are getting from current IP holders who know how rotten to the core and backstabbing that the LENR intelligentsia is.

• Defkalion was extremely open in explaining their IP, far more than Rossi. Defkalion did not hide behind an patent and was very supportive of their fellow LENR developers.

No one can "hide behind" a patent. That's like saying you will hide by standing in front of a crowd on the stage, at a podium, with the spotlights on you. A patent reveals everything about your technology. A patent that does not reveal everything is not a patent. It is invalid.

The degenerate cabul that discounts Defkalion motives . . .

You still say that after the Gamberale report?!? What do these people have to do before you doubt them -- rob a bank? Have you even read Gamberale? Here:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/GamberaleLfinaltechn.pdf

• Defkalion told stories of a 1000 reactors being run at the same time for testing in their factory. These supposedly had a "kernel" (which was a Rossi reactor) in them.

Rossi said he never transferred any IP to Defkalion. This means Defkalion could not have made the hundreds or thousands of Rossi reactor kernels. (Where did all these reactors go?)

So how does one makes sense of these two contradictory statements?

• Official Post

Axil,

You have to let DGT go. They were very deceitful. Prof. Stremmenos...who as a physicist did some of is own LENR research, served as an Greek ambassador, actually introduced DGT to Rossi, and became a DGT board member, resigned from their board shortly after DGT formed due their dishonesty. Here is his letter explaining why:

http://pesn.com/2011/10/12/950…_of_Lies_and_Megalomania/

Amazingly they somehow survived after this blow, and continued on with their ruse until last year. They do not deserve you or Peters support.

• The person who wrote that article so referenced was the same one who hounded ME356 out away from this site and has since removed himself from here in protest because he was not given the LENR technology that he felt that was his due as his birthright.

This adds additional support to my vision of the LENR community as a pack of drooling hyenas chasing after one of their number who is trying his best to escape them with the hindquarter of the decomposing ass in his jaws.

Any moralizations regurgitated from the bowels of that motley LENR crew is MaryYugo like.

However, It is understandable in the light of the mafioso when he stabs his rival in the back whispering: "Nothing personal, it's just business."

Otto Biederman, known as Otto "Abbadabba" Berman (August 10, 1891 – October 23, 1935) was an accountant for American organized crime. He is known for coining the phrase "Nothing personal, it's just business."

• Oh, well, in THAT case, your promise to built 1000 LENR kits to be sold at US$ 1000 is well underway...

Edit: you devil, you. You didn't know you were using Wikipedia as your source of secret knowledge, besides Mat's book.

The knowledge to build LENR reactors is out there. Jed's library, Piantelli's patents, Focardi's papers, MFMP's work and existing industrial Ni hydrogenation processes are excellent sources. However there is not yet a guaranteed recipe.

To achieve my goal, I needed to start at the beginning and learn how to master the basics first, such as how to successfully hydrogenate Ni. Most think that is easy. I believe it is really difficult.

Another requirement is to believe almost nothing and to experimentally verify everything.

• Looking at that PESN page, I see that Stremmenos was hysterical, reactive, writing polemic without providing factual background, but rather inferential background full of accusations. In a word, he was obsessed.

When we are obsessed, it's visible. People do not trust us, and that can be tragic, because people can be obsessed while believing in truth. Stremmenos did not display gravitas.

What is remarkable here is that, with respect to this "blow," Xanthoulis did display gravitas.

And frauds can do that. The primary quality of gravitas is detachment. "dignity, seriousness, or solemnity of manner." is a standard definition, but that is only one kind of gravitas, perhaps. The speech of gravitas will be patient, not displaying a sense of something terribly wrong. One wants gravitas in a medical professional. "This is what is happening," not "Terrible news!" Gravitas is not necessarily "solemn," as in "somber," but rather as "characterized by deep sincerity."

A willful fraud is not detached, but may have learned to imitate it. With the Gamberale report, Xanthoulis, as I recall, lost it. He did not accept and confront fact, but started making accusations.

The field is infected with reactivity, this goes back to the rejection cascade, which created responses and then counter-responses, a vicious circle.

Combined this with certain tendencies in an aging population, causing loss of social skills, we have a mess. However, there are younger people becoming involved, and beginning to do the work to become truly informed. This is a process and people will make many mistakes, will follow blind alleys, but if they can see the value in developing gravitas, they can navigate this.

Duncan has gravitas. McKubre has gravitas. Gravitas does not mean that one never makes mistakes, but the recovery is likely.

• Official Post

Well yeah, I agree Stremmenos went overboard. Guess it was the politician in him that got the better of him. :) Still though, he was instrumental in forming DGT by arranging for Xanthoulis to meet Rossi and observe the Ecat in action, so it is notable how he publicly rebuked them in such dramatic fashion. To DGT's credit, as you say, they were gentlemen about it, and did not overreact. But then again, what could they say? Stremmenos was an Ambassador either at that time, or before. Very well known, and well connected. Best to just keep it quiet and hope it blows over, which is what they did. And blow over it did, and they survived what should have been a knock-out blow.

There was so much more than this though. I was on the original DGT forum along with Mary. They did appear very honest and open to the criticism, but they said so many things that were obviously BS. Heating the Athens police academy was one. 7 major companies had verified their "Hyperion reactor". I think they were claiming the Greek government was working with, or funding them. Mary will probably give a few more examples...he has them cataloged. ;) Then they abruptly shut down their site, moved to Vancouver. Supposedly setting up their lab at the local university. Then of course, the Gamberale fiasco ended it all...unless the rumor you heard is true and they just went underground? Make Axil happy if so. :)

Interesting character this Stremmenos, although it seems at times that LENR has more characters than scientists. Last I heard of him was when his son started working with Promeon's (former Italian licensee) Aldo Proia -who formed his own LENR company after Rossi bought him out, as the chief scientist. He is probably still around working the LENR circuit like Gamberale. Seems that once they see that light, LENR runs through their veins.

• Official Post

Stremmenos is a charming old beggar and a great guy to share a bottle with. He could (almost certainly) have been Greek President is he had played his cards right. I've spent an enjoyable afternoon kibitzing with him about Defkalion and other matters. He was a little tipsy at the time. did you know he also taught Physics at Bologna?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.