Rossi vs IH: (Update: Sep. 9 20– James A. Bass now a Third Party in IH’s Counter Complaint)

• Rossi has never achieved any nuclear process.

You seem to vacillate on this one. But maybe just CYA aka ABD behavior.

How absolute the knave is! We must speak by the card, or equivocation will undo us.

Let me be more precise: Rossi never achieved any nuclear process in this experiment with this equipment. This equipment is a 20 kW electric heater and it has never produced more than 20 kW. This equipment is a blatant, in-your-face fraud. Rossi did not even try to make it look realistic. Anyone with an ounce of common sense who looks at the equipment or the photos of the warehouse will see that it is fake.

• HOWEVER the flowmeter is not there, it is after the pump were it is forced circulation and YOU KNOW THIS OR YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE DIAGRAM?

Yes, I have seen the diagram, as I have said many times. You can tell that a glance that the pipe must be half empty (or it is overflowing upstream, as I said).

If you wish to see the diagram, ask Rossi for the copy he (inadvertently) gave me.

• Guys,
    this can be too long by dilution and focusing on delays.
    I just finished dinner plus afine conversation with my three grandchildren- so I will not answer to any detail
    But be convinvinced that re the 3 FACTS I am right.
    If THH or any other colleague here wants a personal discussion just write me to [email protected]
    and I will answer tomorrow.
    Jede and Abd can be honest and sincre but
    the lack of ventillation, half full pipes and flowmeter and impossibility to cconsume 1MW are all inept.
    See you later,

peter

• I would ask you to stop speaking about my paranoia;

I'm a literalist. You would ask, perhaps, but didn't. And you continued the cause of it.

I don't know exactly what is your profession and workplace but I am sure you are not a psychiatrist or even psychologist.

That is correct, as to profession. However, even my major money-making profession, I began as untrained, and was trained by doing the work.

My approach is not psychiatric or even psychological, though it includes psychological elements, and I have high experience dealing, in real life, with paranoia, schizophrenia, and other disorders. I am trained as a coach, with high success in those who voluntarily accepted coaching, measurable success by many standards. I am currently working with a therapist, with a case involving a disorder that is famous for creating total frustration in parents, and the therapist, an expert, is excited by what I have found experimentally (and anecdotally, of course) and wants to write a book with me, because of the general implications, and that may happen.

Hqwever, you have not consented and so it is predictable that any coaching will fail. I abandoned the effort to communicate with you on that level, though I still hope that you will shift from denial to recognition and the possibility of transformation that this can bring. It does not require deciding that you are "wrong." It requires detachment and a recognition that something isn't working, or not working as well as it might. Something is missing, and the first step in moving beyond the limitations of our past is recognizing that. We would then ask what that might be, and it is never some outside condition, it is something missing in our state of being. And because of that, it is possible it might be identified and supplied. When this is done, I have routinely seen miracles.

Better focus on constructive things as showing how valuable IH 's proofs Exhibits are or answering to my request for your scenario of the 1MW1year Test as I asked in my editorial of yesterday.

I had looked at that and did not see it as a personal request of me. I will now take it that way. I will separately respond and, when that response is ready, I will link to it from this comment. I will only start with a bit of semantic analysis here. People say "only semantics" to discount analysis. However, our human ability to analyze is founded in language. It's important and it colors how we think. That is crystal clear here. Was the installation in Doral, and the work there a

• "Sale of Power and Demonstration Opportunity for IH Guests, with measurement of power by Penon" or was it a
    • "Guaranteed Performance Test" with Penon as ERV?

Do words matter? There are obvious resemblances between the two, but what is the discriminable difference between these? There is an $89 million dollar difference. There is an answer that is contractually and legally obvious.

And, nota bene, telling that the Test was not the GPT now is more than dishonest, is desperate nd infamous.

You think that I'm rude or worse because I say you are confused and paranoid, and worry about senility, which are not moral failures, but you effectively accuse me of serious dishonesty, which would be.

"Desperate" does not describe my state at all, and I see more than one therapist or social worker a week, mostly around a case I've mentioned, but a crucial part of dealing with the issues I'm dealing with is addressing one's own issues. My major personal problem is distraction and avoidance, failure to pay adequate attention to difficult long-term problems. It's much easier to write on cold fusion or Rossi v. Darden, or to do Sudoku (which I do partly to monitor my own steady shift in cognitive performance, and partly because it immediately takes my mind off of any disruption or worry. Fewer side-effects than a drug.)

"Infamous" is odd here. I am well-known in many areas. I am only infamous among certain narrow circles, such as Wikipedia administrators, who still blame me for conditions I did not cause, years later. ("The Wikipedia article on cold fusion is Bad because Abd." I kid you not.)

My training says "If they are not shooting at you, you are not doing anything worth wasting bullets on." The training itself studies, in part, the words of those who were actually shot and killed. But most people who undertake the transformative work are not killed. It is merely that we come to understand that personal survival is a game we must lose, one way or another, and accepting this is part of the training. The result of letting go of that fear is empowerment. We are no longer run by fear, at least not by that one. We also let of of all the reactive fears, including fear of looking bad, fear of failure, fear of being wrong, fear of rejection. Consider, Peter, what life would be like without those.

I'll give you a hint: peace, joy, love, confidence, and full self-expression, all this becomes independent of "conditions."

With that, and if I called you paranoid, you might say, "Yeah, sometimes. Coffee or tea?"

Can you answer me to this question- what has IH not done on July 17, 2015? And why?

They did not serve ice cream to all the poor people in China. There is a lot they didn't do. They did not go to court and demand that Rossi allow their engineer to observe what Rossi was now calling a "test" -- that was an email dated July 14 from Rossi, and is Darden Second Amended Answer Exhibit 19, or any of many other possible and potentially hostile responses. Why not? That's a question that would involve mind-reading, but I do have a model that explains it. Rossi had also apparently "explained" this to Darden previously. Rossi apparently believed (and still believes) that "explanations" create facts, and excuse violations of agreements.

So what are you referring to, Peter? Meanwhile, I looked a little more. From JONP:
    http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=473&cpage=18#comment-1099924

This activity (and what is shown in many other posts) is devastating to the concept of a GPT, which was originally of a single reactor (the 1 MW E-Cat Plant, delivered to IH in 2013, what here are called "LT cats." Part of what is tested in a long-term test would be MTBF. Rossi's activity concealed that. Imagine a reductio ad absurdem of this: Suppose the actual life of a reactor is one day. So every day, Rossi "repairs" the reactors, say by inserting a new fuel tube. He also has a backup set, he can switch to. So this is not a test of one 1 MW reactor but really a compilation of reactors that he can pick and choose from. In that context, what does "350 days" out of 400 mean?

What this would really indicate is that the devices are not ready for commercial application. It would mean that by his manipulations with the "customer" he forced a premature "test." Now, I have no evidence for anything as extreme as described. But there is ample evidence for extensive switching and substitution. Here, he mostly has LT cats. But the power reports from JMP are all for each day, multiples of 250 KW, indicating Tigers (250 kW), which here were not the primary reactors in use. (I notice that 1 contradicts 3. Ah, well, if that was the worst of it!)

When we look closely, the whole affair was shoddy, slapdash, and the most serious problem was very simple, it appears, and completely devastating.

Rossi did not do the required paperwork.

You may think that unimportant, but for $89 million, it is crucial. If you are buying a house here, and you forget to handle one piece of paperwork, you could lose everything, particularly if years later, you relied on something you were told, instead of what was written. When what was written contradicts what you were told, this can become almost impossible to fix. Words matter. Signatures on pieces of paper matter. In the matter of the signatures on the Second Amendment, that was a blatant attorney error to file that as an exhibit without those signatures -- which still could have been supplied! But that one was recoverable if an actual GPT was performed that otherwise satisfied the Agreement and Amendment.

But the lack of the required written agreement to the GPT start date has become a near-certainty. Rossi tried to force it without consent. Fatal error. If he worked hard for a year, he more or less wasted it, and guaranteed, by his behavior, that he would not be paid. Even if the damn plant worked!

But IH does not believe it worked, I'm sure, and has some strong reasons to suspect that, and those reasons would also prevail in a civil case. They do not have to "prove" it did not work. This is all Planet Rossi thinking. In the event that it is adjudged that there was consent to a "test" that might trigger the $89 million payment, they then merely need to show, by preponderance of the evidence, that there is reason to doubt the result, and Rossi behavior fully set that up, with the 'customer" shenanigans and by excluding the IH engineer, and other issues, a few of which are raised in that Exhibit 5 that you hate. You have not, so far, understood that it is enough for IH to raise issues like that. They do not have to "prove" their scenario. Only that the doubt was reasonable, and that there is no independent strong evidence in the other direction.

(In the countersuit, they will have the burden of proof of fraud, that's another issue. It also does not entirely turn on plant operation reality, but reality becomes more of an issue there.)

Rossi, again, set this situation up, by filing the suit without pursuing far more likely-to-succeed opportunities in Sweden (assuming he has real reactors that work reliably).

(continued)

• Jede and Abd can be honest and sincre but
    the lack of ventillation, half full pipes and flowmeter and impossibility to cconsume 1MW are all inept.

Repeating this does not make it so. Any HVAC engineer will tell you that releasing 1 MW of heat in a room without adequate ventilation will make the room hot. Anyone with common sense knows this. You can see from the photos that there is not adequate ventilation. You need to stop evading this issue, stop dancing, stop pretending, and deal with it.

Also you need to stop pretending we said it is "impossible to consume 1 MW." We said it is impossible to make that heat vanish. You have to ventilate the hot air, or the steam. There is no equipment in the warehouse to remove this much hot air or steam. If there were, you would see it in the photos. And if those photos were not real, Rossi's lawyers would have said so. Again, you need to stop dancing and address this issue. You are not fooling anyone with your evasions and double talk. Neither is Rossi.

• (continued)

An other question: have you- in person- seen the ERV Report? If YES, what is your judgment about it?
    If NO, why it wa niot shown to you? Does IH not trust you, do they believe the old false story about your role in the LENR community?

Fascinating. Look at the choice presented: If I had seen the report, it would be under a promise of confidentiality, so I couldn't tell you. (But I have not seen it, and I can say that because I have no promise over the ERV report. However, I will add one caveat. I have yet to lie about anything re cold fusion, but I would consider it under some circumstances, because there are higher values than naive "truth." (I would never lie to someone to harm them, but only to protect others from harm.)

So, suppose I was given the report under promise of confidentiality. I don't want to see the report, under such a promise, because I don't like conflict of ethics dilemmas. And I don't need to see it. So I have not asked, for sure. I have now seen the same as you, and maybe a little less than Jed Rothwell, and it became clear that what he had seen was preliminary data. He may have seen a month of data in the period where the figures were .... weird. That is covered in Exhibit 5, and Jed is now saying that everything he knows is in Exhibit 5. And, remarkably, he claims that this data came from Rossi, through an intermediary that Jed clearly trusts as truthful.

And if I have not seen the report, the claim is that it means I am not trusted. As to the "old false story," you must mean Krivit's libel. No, they don't believe that. Few, if any, in the CMNS community believe that. If I had a need to know, I would ask IH. If they agreed with the need, I assume they would show me. I don't need to know at this point. It's essentially meaningless. The report, given that the test had Rossi's hands all over it, cannot be trusted. Penon cannot be trusted, as well. He was Rossi's old friend (he's made quite a point of that), and selected by Rossi over IH objections.

(It is correct that IH could have insisted on some other ERV, but the result of that would have been totally predictable: Rossi would have said "Thanks for all the fish. This doesn't work for me. Have a nice day. Bye." He'd have given the $1.5 million back, which up to that point, he could have done. And he'd have time to do that, as a legal fact. Only when the $10 million was transferred and accepted did the Agreement become binding.)

And a friendly advice - do not waste your time writing about me- I am not paranoic, not obsssed, even not senile just thinking logically and correctly

Those who are paranoid and obsessed will nearly always believe that they are "logical and correct." Even when nearly everyone can see otherwise. That affirmation is paradoxical, and normal people know that saying "I'm not crazy" is the fastest way to get people to suspect that you are crazy.

We are all paranoid to some extent, and even sometimes obsessed. (It takes rare skill to keep this to a minimum.) So someone with self-knowledge will not deny it. Those with a strong reaction to the idea are those who are most likely to be, in fact, paranoid and obsessed.

and more educated & crerative in insulting than you, who structurally are a good man serving a bad cause, who knows why? OK? I also will not write about you more interesting things to come- in LENR, globally

I find it difficult to parse this. The cause I serve is reality, and I do not own it, it owns me. My ideas are not reality, they are just bundles of patterns of neurons firing.

Thanks for calling me a "good man." What is the "bad cause"? What makes you think I "serve" it? And how do you decide it is "bad"? What are your criteria?

• Dear Alan,

I have asked where was the flowmeter; is this an insult?
    I have asked how could be taken a photo of a space
    where IH had no access, is this an insult?
    Abd and Jed are mixing in insults systematically.
    I knew it is counterproductive to discuss here with Abd and Jed- I do not add any adjective.

greetings,
    peter
    a

• OK, please tell now where is/was placed the flowmeter. 3-6 words will suffice.

I told you already! Time after time I told you. You never listen. It is in liquid water, which means it has to be between the condenser and the reservoir. Where else could it be?

You don't need me to tell you this. You could have figured it out yourself, from the flow meter specifications. That meter will not work in steam. So if there really is steam between the reactor and condenser, it cannot be in that part of the loop. The only place to put it is in the 60°C liquid water. (I doubt there is steam, but Rossi is pretending there is.)

As I said about a hundred times, even with a gravity return, Rossi could have installed U pipe to ensure the flow meter was fully submerged, but he did not do this. I guess he could have put the meter between the pump and the reactor, but he didn't do that either. He deliberately selected the wrong kind of flow meter, with far too high capacity, and then he installed it incorrectly, where the pipe is half full. He selected and installed other instruments incorrectly to inflate the flow rates and temperatures. He pulled out still other instruments to hide the facts, in violation of his agreements with I.H., as they pointed out in the Motion to Dismiss. He changed the pressure numbers to 0.0 bar, which is ridiculous. This was an inept attempt to make it look as if there was 1 MW of heat, when it was only 20 kW. He did not fool anyone but you and the other acolytes on Planet Rossi. Anyway, you do not need to know about any instruments or have any knowledge of the calorimetry to confirm there wasn't 1 MW. All you need to do is glance at the photos of the warehouse. There is no steam pipe. There is a broken fan hanging from a small, ordinary ceiling vent. That rules out 1 MW. That's all you need to know.

Okay, so feel free to deny I told you that, and told you that, and told you that again. Just pretend you have no idea this flow meter only works in liquid. Go back to your regular routine of telling us that pipe wrenches do not exist and it is impossible to take apart plumbing and look inside flow meters, pumps, filters . . . Although just this morning, I cleaned the filter in my kitchen sink tap with an ordinary wrench and pipe tape. You will cry out IMPOSSIBLE! NO ONE CAN DO THAT! IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO LOOK INSIDE A PIPE OR CLEAN A FILTER. OH, OH, OH!!! Such never ending bullshit.

• I have asked where was the flowmeter; is this an insult?
    I have asked how could be taken a photo of a space
    where IH had no access, is this an insult?

It is beyond an insult; it is ridiculous. You saw the photo. It shows the space and the ceiling above the space. It shows no ventilation adequate to remove 1 MW, and no steam pipe at all. You deny, deny, deny what you and everyone else here has seen. You are telling us (in the words of the old joke) "Who are you going to believe, me or your lyin' eyes?" If that is not an insult, I don't know what would be.

Plus, as I pointed out, if those photos were fake, Rossi's lawyers would have objected to them.

As for the flowmeter, I told you a dozen times where it is. Anyone can figure out where it has to be from the specifications! But you demand the same information from me (and others) again and again, and no matter how many times we give it to you, you go right back to denying we told you anything and then demanding the same information again. Yes, that too is insulting. And tiresome. We show you the photos; you pretend you have not seen them. We tell you this meter is in the water; you ask where is it. "In the water." "Where?" "In the water." "Where?" "In the water." "Where did you say? Where?!?" It is like dealing with a 2-year-old. Where the hell did you think it was? Where else could it be? For crying out loud.

• On my diagram the flowmeter is on the bottom level
    after the pump, it measures water going to the generators and this is the unique possibility - flow or enthalpy digfference gives the HEAT generated.
    As the mean data for 10 months 1398 kg/h, steam 02 C, retirn ater 68C (telling from memory) gives 928 KWh/h.
    To place the instrument where you say is total nonsense. Send me please your diagarm if you want I should believe this

peter

• On my diagram the flowmeter is on the bottom level

Your diagram? Where did you get this diagram? Did Rossi give it to you? Anyway, it is wrong.

after the pump, it measures water going to the generators and this is the unique possibility - flow or enthalpy digfference gives the HEAT generated.

Yes, as I said, that would work. That would fully submerge the flow meter. However, I guess there wasn't much room, so that's not where he put it. As I said, and said, and said, and said again, AND AGAIN, he could also have put the meter in a U pipe (a P-trap). That too would have worked. But he didn't. That's why anyone glancing at the configuration could see the pipe must be half full. And why anyone with a pipe wrench could confirm that in 5 minutes, by opening the plumbing and looking at the rust, debris, and high water mark. As anyone with half a brain would do. (Despite your claim that pipe wrenches do not exist and it is impossible to take apart or look inside plumbing.)

• As the mean data for 10 months 1398 kg/h, steam 02 C, retirn ater 68C (telling from memory) gives 928 KWh/h.

It would only be 1398 kg/h of steam if the flow rate and pressure are correct. The flow rate and pressure were not correct; there was probably no steam at all, so those numbers are wrong.

To place the instrument where you say is total nonsense. Send me please your diagarm if you want I should believe this

You would not believe it even if I sent you the diagram. You would say I drew the diagram myself, and it did not come from Rossi. You will believe what you want to believe, no matter what I say. You will believe whatever Rossi tells you, no matter how impossible it may be.

Actually, there would be no problem putting the meter in the return, if it were in a U shaped pipe. Or if the entire circuit was pressurized. Ed Storms thought it was pressurized, which is a reasonable assumption. I happen to know it was not.

• Quote from Abd

But the lack of the required written agreement to the GPT start date has become a near-certainty. Rossi tried to force it without consent. Fatal error. If he worked hard for a year, he more or less wasted it, and guaranteed, by his behavior, that he would not be paid. Even if the damn plant worked!

I admit to having no confidence I understand the contract law aspects of this case.

But... How could the contract be equitable if IH could avoid paying simply by refusing to consent to the start of a GPT? Something more nuanced is required here or "fair play" rules would come into effect. And, if there is something more nuanced Rossi's lawyers have perhaps more to play with. Not that, generally, I think they have much due to the obvious inequity of Rossi claiming 1MW when he clearly is not producing it.

• But... How could the contract be equitable if IH could avoid paying simply by refusing to consent to the start of a GPT? Something more nuanced is required here or "fair play" rules would come into effect.

I am allergic to legal documents, but . . . If you read the I.H. Answer carefully, and you believe their version of events, I.H. offered their own space to perform the GPT. They did extensive testing and found no heat. Finally, after many failures, Rossi moved the whole machine to Florida because -- he himself told them -- he had a customer who wanted to buy the heat. By the time all this happened it was clear the machine was not working. My impression is that I.H. figured they might as well give him a last chance. (Abd also has that impression, independent of me.)

They could see there were problems with the Florida test, which they summarized in the Motion to Dismiss, " . . . departing from the purported test plan, ignoring inoperable reactors, relying on flawed measurements, and using unsuitable measuring devices." I believe they saw this as a last ditch effort to make it work. At that stage, after the failures in North Carolina, I cannot imagine anyone at I.H. would agree to designate this test the official, irrevocable GPT. Nor would they stake the whole thing on an evaluation by Penon. As you see in Exhibit 5, they had many problems with Penon in 2015, and with the test as a whole.

It would be crazy to agree this was the GPT. On the other hand, if Rossi had pulled the rabbit out of the hat, and the machine had worked in Florida, I am sure they would have been thrilled to pay the $89 million.

• He selected and installed other instruments incorrectly to inflate the flow rates and temperatures. He pulled out still other instruments to hide the facts, in violation of his agreements with I.H., as they pointed out in the Motion to Dismiss. He changed the pressure numbers to 0.0 bar, which is ridiculous. This was an inept attempt to make it look as if there was 1 MW of heat, when it was only 20 kW.

Empire IH always strikes back with the stick of a blind.

According to the contract the ERV was responsible for any measurement. Rossi figures are NOP's. IH always had access to the Rossi area and only after a strange event .. they started to complain about things, that were accepted from the beginning...

Answer carefully, and you believe their version of events, I.H. offered their own space to perform the GPT.

What a desperate sentence of a once clear minded person! They main reason for Rossi to move to Doral was the inability of IH to provide a test location...

If already the promoters of IH suffer of amnesia, how then will the whole story end? If a fraudster cheates a crock...

From time to time it's simply fun to read all this nonsense...

• Let me be more precise: Rossi never achieved any nuclear process in this experiment with this equipment. This equipment is a 20 kW electric heater and it has never produced more than 20 kW. This equipment is a blatant, in-your-face fraud. Rossi did not even try to make it look realistic. Anyone with an ounce of common sense who looks at the equipment or the photos of the warehouse will see that it is fake.

Your logic is inconsistent. You have acknowledged multiple times in the past and even relatively recently that Rossi's technology might work. Then you suggest that the 1 MW test was a blatant fraud. Nobody on this wide planet would use a non-working fraudulent version of their technology in the most important test of all, when they had a working version in their possession. Such logic flies in the face of reason. It is as if I had developed a singular cure for all forms of cancer, and when the most important human trial of the drug was carried out, I swapped the working drug for sugar water. Who would do that?!

• Jed,
    [...] I am telling you the followings:
    a) read EGO OUT definition or the first posting on my blog, you err...the name was inpsired by Arthur C Clarke's EGOGRAMS,
    b) I like that you aare attacking in packs, pairs,
    c) What are facts for you are not facts at all,

I wrote a lengthy reponse to this, then decided that this was entirely off-topic here (along with other posts by me and others) so I posted the response here:

Peter Gluck, Blogger-Advocate for Rossi

• Your logic is inconsistent. You have acknowledged multiple times in the past and even relatively recently that Rossi's technology might work. Then you suggest that the 1 MW test was a blatant fraud. Nobody on this wide planet would use a non-working fraudulent version of their technology in the most important test of all, when they had a working version in their possession.

Perhaps he forgot how to make it work, the way Jim Patterson forgot. I have heard that he often destroyed old prototype devices to use the parts for new ones.

Perhaps Abd is right, and Rossi is somewhat crazy. He does inexplicable things that seem to have no benefit for him or anyone else. He is self destructive. If he is crazy, there is no rational explanation for what he does.

Or perhaps I was wrong, and none of his previous experiments was valid.

It is impossible for me to know what is going on. I have little information about Rossi's previous tests. I have a lot of information about this test, and I know it was fake.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.