Rossi v. Darden developments - Part 1

• <a href="https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/index.php/User/753-Shane-D/">@Shane D.</a>,
    One of the reports &quot;authored&quot; by Penon, long before the Doral diversion, was reported to be mostly authored by others (explaining away some sloppy part somewhere) and Penon merely signed the final version. This was discussed on the forum…

I think that they will find that the monthly/quarterly FL reports were not even signed or verified in any form. At least that is what I heard (but no proof yet). It will be interesting when/if the reports are posted.

• Official Post

Looks like the courts depend on the plaintiffs (accuser) attorney to do "due diligence" of their clients facts to weed out weak, or "frivolous", cases before bringing it before the court. If the judge deems Rossi's suit frivolous, from what I read Rossi's lawyer may get in some hot water with the judge for wasting her time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frivolous_litigation

Obviously the judge has great discretion in deciding what is, and isn't frivolous.

• Having read the answer, I suggest that the euphoria among the IH camp might be premature. Dewey is publicly fanning the flames yet again, but as a lawyer, he should know better that the evidentiary phase is yet to come. While I will not prognosticate on the ultimate outcome of the trial, I can say with certainty that it is far too soon to call it.

• Having read the answer, I suggest that the euphoria among the IH camp might be premature. Dewey is publicly fanning the flames yet again, but as a lawyer, he should know better that the evidentiary phase is yet to come. While I will not prognosticate…

No I don't think Dewey is a lawyer. That is just one of Rossi's non-truthful statements he used when he threw Dewey out of the room saying that no lawyers were allowed in the shipping container. It would be interesting to know why Rossi was afraid of IH lawyers but his lawyer was used for the JM Products pres. ( it seems the reason was really that Dewey had an IR temp sensor gun with him)

• IHFB - who dusted you off and called you back up from the minor leagues? I'm not a lawyer but know enough about the law to be able to correctly interpret that the IH attorneys are in the process of booting R's case into another solar system. R better land a punch soon or his game is going to be all defense. The evidence is coming in alright - you're not going to believe it unless you've already seen it. In fact, it might be time for a little asymmetric warfare.

Rossi and his cohorts are in deep kimchi. Bass and Fabiani would be best advised to cop a deal soon. Its too late for Johnson.

I guess you'll be dragging out little Frankie WTF in the near future. Hope he's rested and ready for some action.

All the best!

• So far we have Bass, a principal in the Rossi case, and attorneys Pike and Porpoise. Is there a pattern there?

Mary, Jed Rothwell has assured us that Bass has never existed. Now you are telling me that he does. Oh my, how is one to separate the wheat from the chaff these days?

• Official Post

Bass and Fabiani would be best advised to cop a deal soon. Its too late for Johnson.

Sincerely I missed some steps in the exchanges. As I remember:

• James A bass is the "production engineer" (?) of JM Products with a funny card usin a japanese refinery as pic.
    • Henry Johnson is the boss of JM Products. A friendly attorney of Rossi.
    • Fabani is an engineer working with Rossi (US Quantum Leap), who published interview about wonderful things he have seen.

Maybe someone can correct me, and add characters ? (please no attack, state the consensus, people are smart enough to be negative or positive)

What you say, @Dewey Weaver, is that the boss of JMP (and Rossi I imagine) is toasted, and subordinates should negociate?

• Official Post

Dewey Weaver wrote:
    Bass and Fabiani would be best advised to cop a deal soon. Its too late for Johnson.

Leaving aside the others mentioned, who I know little or nothing about, why on earth would Fabiani want to 'cop a deal' about anything? He has not been charged with an offence, neither has he been AFAIK properly served with a subpoena to appear in a Florida court in any capacity. Fabiani is an electro-mechanical engineer with a great deal of expertise in pinball machines. He also dabbles in circuit design and software writing at some level. Since he does not appear to be a physicist, or even a 'proper scientist', unless there is a really solid 'smoking gun' apart from prolonged close contact as an employee in the Rossi show there is no reason for anybody to suppose that he is a part of any (as yet totally unproven) fraudulent activity. I think Dewey is getting a little ahead of himself (and the court) in this case.

ETA -seen wonderful things' means nothing in this or any other context. I saw a man dancing naked in the street 2 weeks ago. Not wonderful perhaps, but certainly remarkable and surprising.

• sigmoidal wrote:
    [Jesse] Jackson famously once said...

That was Amos and Andy, a famously racist program. If you meant that as a joke, it wasn't a bit funny.

Jed, thank you for alerting me to this. After checking, I see my source was not reliable. I apologize for the misattribution, and for any offense it may have caused. I also have edited my post to remove this, as I don't want to perpetuate error. Jed, if you agree, could you remove the balance of your quote of my post? Hopefully this will help reduce the potential for subsequent misattribution.

• why on earth would Fabiani want to 'cop a deal' about anything? He has not been charged with an offence, neither has he been AFAIK properly served with a subpoena to appear in a Florida court in any capacity.

Fabiani and his company United States Quantum Leap are indeed counter-defendants. See doc. 78 for the allegations against Fabiani and USQL (e.g., secs. 83-89, pp. 49-51).

• But since he has not been successfully subpoena'd to appear, and has not been charged with a criminal offence, I cannot think of any reason why he should show up in court

In a civil suit, if you fail to show in court or respond in some other way, you can sometimes lose by default. You might end up having to pay a lot of money. I do not know the details, but that is what I have heard. There can be dire consequences even if you are not charged with a criminal offence.

I do not know how it works for people in other countries. Maybe it depends on the country?

• My understanding is that subpoenas are only issued for a third-party witnesses, and in the case of defendants, once the defendant is served process this is enough to set things in motion. Since this is a civil trial and not a criminal trial, the penalties will be different. But I still think Fabiani risks things like having assets seized and having tax liens issued if he does not defend himself. Note that Fabiani has retained Rudolfo Nunez, and that Nunez is mentioned in the service list of some of the counter-defendant documents.

Perhaps your point is that nothing all that bad would happen if Fabiani were to leave the US asap and skip the trial. This might be true.

• the implication is (perhaps) that Murray was intent on selling information to a third party and therefore a spy

In the unlikely event that Murray was a spy it's entirely IH's responsability. So Rossi was not authorized and had no incentive to exclude him if he (Rossi) were acting honestly. I leave it to intelligent readers to work it out for themselves why Rossi wanted to exclude Murray.

• Official Post

Leaving aside the others mentioned, who I know little or nothing about, why on earth would Fabiani want to 'cop a deal' about anything? He has not been charged with an offence, neither has he been AFAIK properly served with a subpoena to appear in a Florida court in any capacity. Fabiani is an electro-mechanical engineer with a great deal of expertise in pinball machines. He also dabbles in circuit design and software writing at some level. Since he does not appear to be a physicist, or even a 'proper scientist', unless there is a really solid 'smoking gun' apart from prolonged close contact as an employee in the Rossi show there is no reason for anybody to suppose that he is a part of any (as yet totally unproven) fraudulent activity. I think Dewey is getting a little ahead of himself (and the court) in this case.

ETA -seen wonderful things' means nothing in this or any other context. I saw a man dancing naked in the street 2 weeks ago. Not wonderful perhaps, but certainly remarkable and surprising.

Wasn't John Dewey Weaver a shareholder of Industrial Heat LLC via Deep River Venture LLC https://www.linkedin.com/in/dewey-weaver-90b6b128 having a direct connection to the cyberspace security team of Lockheed Martin https://cyber.lockheedmartin.com ?

https://thenewfire.files.wordp…2016/05/lenr_ecat_fog.pdf

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.