Dubinko&al : Catalytic mechanism of LENR in quasicrystals based on localized anharmonic vibrations and phasons

• Official Post

Dubinko, Laptev and Iwin publish a preprint about localized anharmonic vibrations (nor far from Discrete breather as I understand) on arxiv
    http://arxiv.org/abs/1609.06625

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

• Good find, Alain

I would like to speculate (but not assert) that this general phenomenon might also explain enhanced blocking of nuclear reaction products.

If I recall correctly, the Mossbauer effect (usually just applied to crystals) may occur in a sufficiently dense concentration of particles whose momenta spectra are wide (or equivalently, with "spikey" localized peaks in their spatial spectra) - so that high-energy particles passing through dissipate energy without leaving much "path information" - i.e., the energy is mostly collectively absorbed.

The collective absorptive effect seen in crystals (I think) is due to the wide momenta spectra of the rigidly localized atom nuclei in the crystal, but this can occur in non-crystalline cases also.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.