The "Licensed Patents" and Non-publication Requests

• I've spent the night looking over the list (provided by IH) of Leonardo Corporation's patents that have already been made publicly available which can be found in Exhibit 6 and comparing them to the list of "Licensed Patents" that can be found in Exhibit 23. My conclusions are as follows:

1) There isn't any really juicy, useful information in any of the patents that have been made publicly available except perhaps Rossi's original Italian Patent application. The discussion of copper and pulsed pressure could be useful.

2) There is very little overlap between lists. Most of the "Licensed Patents" are not included in the list on Exhibit 6. Especially the following:

4. U.S. Patent Application for particulars and theory
    5. U.S. Patent Application for control systems
    6. U.S. Patent Application for additives and catalyzers in process and apparatus
    7. U.S. Patent Application for Hot Cat
    8. U.S. Patent Application for direct conversion of photons into electric energy
    9. U.S. Patent Application for particulars of the reactor

The licensed patents for "additives and catalyzers and "direct conversion of photons into electric energy" especially do not fit with any of the published patent applications.

3) Rossi must have submitted "Non-disclosure" requests for these patent applications just like he did when he submitted "Fluid Heater." I'm not a patent attorney, but my understanding is that until he submits a request to have this undone, they will never be disclosed.

4) All of these "licensed patents" are already posessed by IH.

5) To what extent they have attempted to utilize the information contained in these patents is unknown.

So here are my questions:

A) Does anyone know if there is any set of circumstances which will force the patent office to disclose a patent application after a non-disclosure request has been submitted? What about in the situation that a patent has been denied or abandoned?

B) Does anyone have a guess about how detailed the patent on additives and catalyzers would be? My guess is that this would cover the nickel powder, preparation of the nickel powder, lithium aluminum hydride, elemental lithium, and perhaps other additives (my guess is some amount of of copper was used in in early E-Cats to maximize hydrogen absorption into the nickel). This information would be VERY useful to the replicator community.

C) Does anyone have a guess about when or how these patent applications will ever see the light of day?

Personally, I object to the idea of non-disclosure requests. A patent application already provides some level of IP defense and even more so if it is eventually granted. I understand that by keeping an application undisclosed it can prevent competition from obtaining information. However, at the same time I feel it hinders scientific exploration.

• A patent application is automatically confidential (no need to request confidentially) for 18 months following the filing of the first application for the invention and will be publically available thereafter (no practical exceptions apply). I think that the genuine point that IH is trying to make is that a lot of intended applications that was licensed to them never were applied for (or possibly withdrawn prior to becomning publically avialable).

• Official Post

It is certainly possible in Europe to submit a patent application and then withdraw it for amendment before resubmitting. I am led to believe each withdrawal restarts the clock. Thus it is possible to keep a patent 'pending' - and thus out of public sight for as long as you can afford (and consider it worthwhile) to pay the various fees associated with each update.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.