MFMP: Guess the scientist of new bulletproof experiment

• It appears that MFMP is planning some sort of stunt that will "will prove inside 2 weeks the reality of LENR indisputably and live". I have collected information from that thread. Can you guess whose claims will be tested?

The discussion was held in the comments on E-Cat World on 2016-09-19. Go there for context:
    http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…nt-page-1/#comment-288798

What we know...

About the experiment:
    "will not need a replication, post verification or any complicated debates to convince doubters"
    "will also work at room temperature"
    "the ash will confirm the live experiment"
    "will be hermetically sealed and operate at room temperature"
    "[will be] better than even a closed loop [experiment]"
    "MUCH more convincing and visual [than a closed loop experiment]"
    "the challenge is the apparatus has components that I suspect the originator would consider proprietary"
    "The experiment would be a replication of the originators claims and so in itself be a replication"
    "[there] will be evidence in the ash"
    "The balls [of DJ Cravens] could be H2 D2 exchange - it is not that."

About the scientist:
    "is a respected individual I have met a number of times over several years and responded inside 12 hours to my initial request and after saying that it was an interesting proposition"
    "[has] published work is already known to many. [The test] is the most recent work (also published)"
    "He even immediately offered to come and lecture about the underlying experiment to Aarhus."
    "[is a] party with many serious publications of high quality to stand behind and has been researching in this field nearly as long as Me356 has been alive"
    "[is not me356]"
    "[is not Piantelli]"

• Since the discussion is buried in the comments in that E-Catworld thread here are the relevant comments for somewhat easier context reviewing:

• I think that contradicts with:

"The balls [of DJ Cravens] could be H2 D2 exchange - it is not that."
    "[has] published work is already known to many. [The test] is the most recent work (also published)"
    "[is a] party with many serious publications of high quality to stand behind and has been researching in this field nearly as long as Me356 has been alive"

I recall that the balls were not his most recent work at that time.

• The fearful note in this theatrical crap, is that Mr. Greenyear sounds more and more like Rossi-light.

Bob. if you have such a demonstration, get to it. This is a serious search for an energy source to basically save the world, and you precious strutting and teasing is actually very disheartening to me. MFMP has at least some credibility , and this looks to me likely to be the second false cry of "Eureka!" GTFU. You sound like a megalomaniac.

• It could of cource be Andrea Rossi. That would be an interesting move!
    Or Celani perhaps?
    Or Miley or Schwartz as others suggested?
    Or Mike Mckubre maybe?
    Holmid et al is also thinkable
    But Bob said he was working more or less equally long in the field as Me356 did.
    So all these are wrong, although I am not sure about Holmid.
    It must be a scientist so I do not expect a replicator from the MFMP group.
    Maybe Bob Higgens though, but I do not know if he is a scientist. ?(
    Ed Storms is indeed a reasonable candidate, so I vote for him.
    Good luck Bob and secrets scientist with this test!

• Sounds like either Miley or Holmlid.

I also thought of Holmlid, but then this would seem strange:

"the challenge is the apparatus has components that I suspect the originator would consider proprietary"

And the following would raise some questions. I do not recall reading anything from Greenyer-MFMP that could be related to this statement:

"[he is an] individual I have met a number of times over several years"

However I believe that Holmlid does not own the equipment and the apparati he built, rather his University does. So in this sense the components could be considered "proprietary" as stated in the first point.

• I have respect for Bob because of all of his hard work with MFMP. I do hope he continues. At the same time, I wish he would tone down the hype. There have been several pronouncements that have been shown to be absurd upon realization of the actual claims (e.g., "we did it," and the "end of the carbon age is nigh," and so forth). The old saying, "don't count your chickens before they hatch" comes to mind.

• In Bob Greenyer's response to my question about the "Tohoku University" release, he stated :

"Bob Greenyer Bob • 4 days ago 1)
    2) We are going one step further and planning to do a replication of the German patent as highlighted in my terrrible pre-Aarhus live video. It is essentially a combination of Canon, Clean Planet, what I consider aspects of E-Cat X and we have a good partner to work with on that - more to follow as things settle. (emphasis mine)
    "
    http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…-reactor-design/#comments (towards the bottom of the thread)

So this would seem possible his mystery guest is someone related to the German patent. He referred to this link :
    https://goo.gl/T8NYrC

The names on this German patent are Bernhard Krieg and Peter Nenning. (I cannot read German so I do not know what relation these names have on the patent, other than they are listed)

Do these two names ring a bell with anyone?

• http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…age-1/#comment-2904939850
    These may be somewhat out of sequence as to the ecatworld display (which is not necessarily in date sequence because of reply threading).

Bob Greenyer US_Citizen71 • 4 days ago
    I have devised an absolutely fool proof experiment that will prove inside 2 weeks the reality of LENR indisputably and live and will not need a replication, post verification or any complicated debates to convince doubters. Moreover it will have implications across many scientific disciplines.

It first needs the cooperation of the key party, which I am in communication with - and of course, their claims need to be real.

Bob Greenyer Timar • 4 days ago
    No [not Me356]- it is a party with many serious publications of high quality to stand behind and has been researching in this field nearly as long as Me356 has been alive.

\

Bob Greenyer Timar • 4 days ago
    Nope [not Piantelli] and that is the last reply of this kind.

Bob Greenyer georgehants • 3 days ago
    [...] yes, it will be like a light bulb in that you can't deny that it works.

Bob Greenyer DrD • 3 days ago
    Actually, this is better than even a closed loop. In a closed loop - the criticism would be of the live feed, that the power monitoring is some how faked.

This experiment will have data that every physicist would consider impossible and therefore not possible to fake, and since it would be streamed beginning to end from a closed system - it could only be considered as real. If they still considered it fake, or smoke and mirrors they can be invited to apply their own monitoring to the untouched system - lastly, if they do not even believe their eyes, the ash which can be sampled in batches - will prove the live experiments data.

... the tests, according to the claimant and the published work is already known to many. It is the most recent work (also published) that if presented in the right way will be absolute categorical proof of LENR - it could not be seen any other way - even when looking at the live stream.

It is so elegant - I need to package all my thinking that supports the experiment but I am right now trying to prepare for ICCF-20 whilst at the same time helping Aarhus Uni break ground and also making a presentation about a very important publication we are going to test the claims of in the coming months.

Bob Greenyer DrD • 3 days ago
    Ideally it will be hermetically sealed ...

Bob Greenyer Jamie Sibley • 4 days ago
    I will when ready in the next two weeks. It will not remain secret, but I need to get everything together so that I don't have to answer a million and one individual questions.

I may flesh this out later. My first reaction is that there is a problem. This is a confident prediction of the outcome of the "experiment." There is a way in which this disqualifies Bob from creating truly independent confirmation, but sets up possible confirmation bias. Yes, Greenyer will be confirming, apparently, what the original researcher found, and that is one point up. If it works. If the experiment has not already been confirmed, there is a high possibility that he will fail. There are already confirmed experiments, strong direct evidence of LENR, independently confirmed and published, that did not deconstruct the rejection cascade. It truly takes extraordinary evidence to do that, and many are naive about what that means.

Nevertheless, absolutely, I applaud and encourage the actual experimental work. There is one researcher of high reputation, well-published, who has recent work crying out for confirmation. It does not quite qualify for what Bob has described, though it could be close. I have, in fact, communicated with that researcher about his claims and the implications (which are, among others, that convincing demonstrations could be arranged if his work is confirmed), but ... I do think I ran into "proprietary," it was a bit obscure. He has been funded and the funder apparently has commercial interests. Nevertheless, his basic claims should be confirmable without proprietary information. The implications are general.

I'm quite happy with waiting two weeks. Bob, you are betting your reputation farm. I'm not quite understanding why you would do that, instead of merely going ahead with your plan without the tease. But I don't have to understand everything. In fact, what a relief to let go of that idea!

On the positive side, this would almost certainly be palpable heat. The more heat from a certain weight of sealed container, the faster it passes the possibilities of chemistry. The Cravens "balls" weren't quite there, and for a serious skeptic to be convinced by them, he or she would have had to stay with them for a long time. What Cravens created was a curiosity, and that's a good thing. If not accompanied by extravagant claims, it's an excellent thing.

• I find myself irritated with the need for a guessing game. But here's to hoping that MFMP are about to carry out an experiment that is promising.

About replication: it may be that no replication is "needed" in some sense, but it will obviously be needed by any observers who wish to follow up on the result of the experiment if the outcome is a positive one. If this for some reason will not be possible, then we would have instead a magic show, and I think the experiment would be overall counterproductive. Since this will surely be pretty obvious to Bob Greenyer, I'm assuming there will be nothing preventing follow-up replications.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.