MFMP: LENR LIVE proposal 1: The neutron sparkler

• Official Post

I have no comment on the quality of the science papers retracted by (or without consent) by Prof. Alberto Carpinteri, I have never read them, but I can tell you from close personal observation that the games played by members of the Academic/Political axis in Italy make the shenanigans playing out in the US presidential elections (or in the UK Labour Party) look like amateur fumblings.

• Neutrons are easy to make simply by subjecting a material containing D to sudden shock. Simply hitting LiD with a hammer will make neutrons. This is well known and proves nothing about LENR. However, in all cases, the total flux is trivial and has no application.

Is the mechanism behind this understood?

I tried Googling for an answer, but didn't really get anywhere...

• Is the mechanism behind this understood?

And is anything known about the energies of the resulting neutrons?

When say >10^20 molecules / atoms in a relatively rigid structure are deformed by an impact, some tiny fraction might happen to find themselves at accidental foci leading to very rare fusion events. But the immense numbers of potentially reacting entities times a vanishingly small reaction cross section could lead to a few or even thousands of product nucleons and/or neutrons.

The spectrum of energies and exact nature of the particles seen in such experiments might well be useful to providing basic understanding of truly cold fusions.

• During the latest glowstick MFMP test gamma was produced up to 1.4 giga electron volts in the segment 7 observation.

Please be more careful in making claims about the results of my experiments. If you meant what you wrote, it is an absurd statement and is incorrect. Perhaps you meant "up to 1.4 MeV" which is correct but not relevant to this thread.

AlanG

• Please be more careful in making claims about the results of my experiments. If you meant what you wrote, it is an absurd statement and is incorrect. Perhaps you meant "up to 1.4 MeV" which is correct but not relevant to this thread.

AlanG

I stand corrected, the radiation level measured was a maximum of "up to 1.4 MeV".

• As gameover pointed out, I believe LENR and hot fusion need to be evaluated as separate phenomenon. As for neutron production, if neutrons are made, He4 can not be the nuclear product because neutrons are not available when He is made.

Neutrons are easy to make simply by subjecting a material containing D to sudden shock. Simply hitting LiD with a hammer will make neutrons. This is well known and proves nothing about LENR. However, in all cases, the total flux is trivial and has no application.

As for production of neutrons using TiD, this material was studied extensively 25 years ago. Why are valuable resources being wasted on an effect that is already known and understood? If people want to make a contribution, they need to actually read the literature and talk to people who have some understanding of the phenomenon rather than simply speculate.

With all due respect, your post shows an arrogance that does no good to the LENR community.

If "the effect is already known and understood", then one must know:
    - what is the underlying nuclear process
    - what are the energy levels of the neutrons
    - why neutrons are also observed in experiments involving H and not D

I read all articles you mentioned, and way more (thank you Jed), and I was not able to find answers to the above questions. It is not a waste of valuable resources to find answers to these questions. On the contrary, it is my opinion that a good understanding of any radiation signatures will bring LENR out of the cage it is trapped today.

I also find the distinction "LENR->no neutron" vs "thermonuclear fusion->neutrons" restrictive, not saying simplistic. In practice the detection of neutrons in a system running at low temperature is strong evidence that it is possible to access the energy levels of the strong interaction using "low energy" triggers. Putting aside any health hazard, the detection of neutrons is as good evidence of LENR as the detection of He.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.