Is there a relation between muons and ultradense Hydrogen (UDH)?

• It's an interesting thought. What fraction of cosmic ray muons per unit area must be scattered into Holmlid and Olafsson's detector to get the kinds of activity reported, given the amount of fuel they're working with? What energy will bring about the density (in the normal sense of the word) needed to have that kind of stopping power? Is this energy put into the system by the experimenter, or is it potential energy that was always there simply to be released, leading to the spontaneous formation of matter with an adequate density? If the energy was potential energy that was already there, what was the storage mechanism?

Cosmic muons penetrate far too much to make a difference is measurement on the ground level using a detector. They stop about 2 miles underground.

• Just for fun, I'll mention one possibility that I don't recall being mentioned, which I don't find particularly likely. Suppose there was something being done in purported muon sightings that is resulting in an increased cross section for reactions along these lines?

• νμ + n → μ- + p

There is a flux of muon neutrinos (νμ) that originate from pions that are generated when cosmic rays reach the earth's atmosphere.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.