Is there a relation between muons and ultradense Hydrogen (UDH)?

• Is there a clear relation between muons and ultradense Hydrogen?
    From Prof. Em. Holmlid's articles I learned that ultradense Hydrogen (UDH) can have a relative long lifespan (e.g. he claims to have measured meisner effect with UDH).
    I am not a quantum physicist, but it seems to me that there could be a relation between UDH and muons in that UHD largely exists of muons positioned around protons. However, it's also known that muons have an average lifespan of 2.2 us. This seems to contradict my suspicion there might be a relation between UDH and muons. Or is it that protons can stabilise muons in certain situations?
    Any comments?

• The muons are unstable, the ultradense hydrogen would be rather closer to hydrinos of Mills. But the scientists already know various semi-metalic and metallic phases of hydrogen stable at high pressures, which are also more dense and they require neither hydrinos, neither muons. But has actually meaning to deal with some "ultradense hydrogen phase", if it cannot explain any observation? Laser pulses can produce many particles and antimatter, but this can be all explained with classical theory.

• Official Post

Muons may be linked to LENR but all we know today make them bad candidate.
    Muons are typically linked to muonic fusion, which is a hot fusion process.

If it is linked to LENR, either it is a side reaction (like neutrons and tritium, less than a billion less frequent than main LENR), or the core LENR reaction (involving p+n ) produce (anti-)muons. I would expect a link with muonic (anti-)neutrinos... raising improbabilities.

Why not, but we should search for not hot fusion reactions

• Muons are typically linked to muonic fusion, which is a hot fusion process.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. where did this nonsensical misconception come from?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muon-catalyzed_fusion

The term "cold fusion" was coined to refer to muon-catalyzed fusion in a 1956 New York Times article about Luis W. Alvarez's paper.[14]

In 1957 Theodore Sturgeon wrote a short story "The Pod in the Barrier" where humanity has ubiquitous cold fusion reactors that work with muons.

Ethan Siegel,

The lack of education from our community makes it hard to teach science what cold fusion is all about.

• Official Post

I maintain my position,
    muonic fusion is a hot fusion, in the Storms sens, in that it necessarily produce energetic outcome.

muonic fusion, like DDL does not (yet?) explains the huge and most important specificity of LENr, which is not breaking coulomb barier, or low ignition energy, but low outcome energy.

If muon are in the catalytic process pushed by Jones and explained by Siegel, it produce standard hot fusion results, much tritium, deadly neutrons, much he3, deadly gammas, trace of He4.

If muons are in a LENR process, there is something new to imagine... hard to imagine in a low energy environment... why not...

• If muon are in the catalytic process pushed by Jones and explained by Siegel, it produce standard hot fusion results, much tritium, deadly neutrons, much he3, deadly gammas, trace of He4.

I have heard this, but I wonder about it. Does anyone know of any references supporting the conclusion that the branching ratios are the same for muon-catalyzed fusion as for fusion in a plasma or thin-foil target? Is the evidence solid, or is the conclusion inferred from weak evidence?

• AlainCo wrote:
    If muon are in the catalytic process pushed by Jones and explained by Siegel, it produce standard hot fusion results, much tritium, deadly neutrons, much he3, deadly gammas, trace of He4.

I have heard this, but I wonder about it. Does anyone know of any references supporting the conclusion that the branching ratios are the same for muon-catalyzed fusion as for fusion in a plasma or thin-foil target? Is the evidence solid, or is the conclusion inferred from weak evidence?

I am not conversant with the actual experimental results. However, MCF is detected through that radiation. I do not know about "deadly gammas." The levels of fusion with reactants that would produce the 4He gamma might be low. It would be useful if someone would read that research. This may take academic access. One could ask Jones, perhaps.

What I imagine is that the evidence is not extremely strong, but that the branching is well enough established and no anomalies outside of normal fusion branching have been found. I'm not going into much detail here, the reaction is not normally d-d, if I'm correct, but d-t.

Here, the Wikipedia article is Not Bad. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muon-catalyzed_fusion

• Official Post

For me the key mystery, the key miracle of LENR is low energy radiations.

Many theory I have read explain how the terrorist enter the building by a backdoor, but few explain how his furor is transformed into a fireball of rose petals.
    For me it is required it is linked to collective effect. if your theory don't need thousands of bodies, there is a problem.
    The branching ratio of hot fusion is so because there is a know freedom of transition.

When I consider theory like Storms Hydroton what emerge clearly is that the system have low dimensionality and that some transition, some momentum , some spin , are bounds, which may forbid tritium, neutrons, and MeV gamma or kinetic energy particles.

So another of my prediction, beside collectivism, is low dimensionality.
    I worked for some time with constraint programming, and what I learned is that constraints drive your way in complexity , helping you, instead of blocking you as people think.

Now for muons, why not. This looks strange but maybe is it linked to a strange beta decay with huge stored energy ? but 24MeV is not enough for a muon ? or is it collective indeed ?

This did not appear in other replicated experiments but probably few looked for muons (even if it could be detected as secondary radiations?). I'm boring conservative and what is to do is to replicate Holmlid instead of speculating.

I speculate on PdD electrolytic method because it was heavily replicated and analysed.

Rethinking all, mixing with hydroton theory and it's missing links, why not integrating Muons as a beta decay of highly energetic nucleon.
    I have no idea if p+energy->n + muon+ antimuonneutrino is possible ?
    or many d+e+d-> many He4+many e + some muon (rare reaction like tritrium or neutrons)?
    but I'm surprised nobody detected them earlier.
    Maybe Holmlid did find a way to make them more frequently produced...

• Of course, low-dimensional collisions followed by temporal entanglement of atom nuclei involved - it decreases the energy barrier at both input, both output. In dense aether theory both effects are linked, because the shielding of multiple atom nuclei along single line leads to their entanglement with longitudinal waves of vacuum (in microscopic analogy of Allais effect and dark matter filaments). Muons are artifacts of energetic collisions initiated with laser pulses, IMO they have nothing to do with lattice collisions and cold fusion phenomena.

• Now for muons, why not. This looks strange but maybe is it linked to a strange beta decay with huge stored energy ? but 24MeV is not enough for a muon ? or is it collective indeed ?

When we talk about muons, we should not lose sight of the energies involved. Here is a table that can give one a sense of the magnitude of some of the relevant energies in relation to one another:

I ask people who take muons seriously to attempt a simple energy balance, using conservation of energy: We start with X energy over here in the form of a chemical fuel, and through some strange process, the energy is moved around through various stages (e.g., three different stages). And now we have X energy over here, the amount we started with, in these other forms, which include muons. Do the accounting, carefully ensuring that energy you have at the end is the same as what you started with at the beginning.

• The energy produced by a decaying proton(s) and/or neutron(s) is about a giga electron volts. This is sufficient to support the production of mesons as Holmlid claimed.

DN(0) →···→···→ K± → π± → μ± → e±
    Nx4x938MeV →···→···→ 493MeV → 139MeV → 105MeV → 0. 511MeV

• The energy produced by a decaying proton(s) and/or neutron(s) is about a giga electron volts. This is sufficient to support the production of mesons as Holmlid claimed.

For those reactions, missing from your energy balance are (1) the energy needed to form of DN(0) and (2) the activation energy needed to bring about the alleged decay of a proton.

• For those reactions, missing from your energy balance are (1) the energy needed to form of DN(0) and (2) the activation energy needed to bring about the alleged decay of a proton.

From

http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com/2015_10_01_archive.html

Jones Beene reports about the Oct 22 LENR Event at EPRI on VORTEX, thanks for the permission to offer this to all my readers:

A professor whose name I did not catch (San Jose State ?) has been trying to replicate LH but has not been successful. Holmlid recently told him that the dense hydrogen takes several weeks to accumulate, and has an extended shelf life thereafter. That seems to me to be the main takeaway lesson ** weeks to accumulate **.
    As I recall, a few years back, there was a message where Rossi mentioned that his supplier in Italy required months to make a batch of active reactant. Could it be that Rossi has been inadvertently getting dense hydrogen all along?

LENR fuel contains Metalized hydrides. These fuels need to be charged with energy before they become active. The energy goes into the spin waves on the surface of the metalized hydride. Once charged the hydride remains active for a long time. During the shelf life, muons are produced at a 50% level and decreases slowly unless reactivated. Florescent lighting will reactivate the metalized hydride.

• ....What Do You say?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_wave

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Could it be that Rossi has been inadvertently getting dense hydrogen all along?

I missed that part (I am also following Vortex), but since I follow Holmlid's progression, I have the same suspicion: Rossi's may have UDH present. He may not have been realizing that around 2011- 2012.
    Remember that in the early days (mid 2011) of Rossi's information, Iron oxide was found in the ashes (Bob Higgins has focused on this as well). Potassium was also mentioned. Holmlid's catalist is Shell S-105 which contains those elements as well.

By now Rossi will be aware of Holmlid's papers and I would not be surprised if Rossi's new developments Quark-X, or whatever he's calling it, are totally focusing on UDH.

• I missed that part (I am also following Vortex), but since I follow Holmlid's progression, I have the same suspicion: Rossi's may have UDH present. He may not have been realizing that around 2011- 2012.
    Remember that in the early days (mid 2011) of Rossi's information, Iron oxide was found in the ashes (Bob Higgins has focused on this as well). Potassium was also mentioned. Holmlid's catalist is Shell S-105 which contains those elements as well.

By now Rossi will be aware of Holmlid's papers and I would not be surprised if Rossi's new developments Quark-X or whatever he's calling it, are totally focusing on UDH.

Rossi was asked point blank if muons were producing his reaction, He said no. Is Rossi lying?

Check this post on Rosso's fuel prep.

MFMP Provides Update About Me356

• Just one weird thought: If dense hydrogen is an effective radiation shield, is it then able to stop/slow down cosmic muons? Thus they all simple see the cosmic muons??

It's an interesting thought. What fraction of cosmic ray muons per unit area must be scattered into Holmlid and Olafsson's detector to get the kinds of activity reported, given the amount of fuel they're working with? What energy will bring about the density (in the normal sense of the word) needed to have that kind of stopping power? Is this energy put into the system by the experimenter, or is it potential energy that was always there simply to be released, leading to the spontaneous formation of matter with an adequate density? If the energy was potential energy that was already there, what was the storage mechanism?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.