MFMP Video discussing Rossi-tech, prior art and 'making it go bang'.

• Official Post

Thanks to Bob Greenyer of MFMP and with assistance from an LENR forum member for this new information. The video and the patent discussed are linked below. For me, it prompts a question. What have the inventors done with this tech since? Dows anyone know where they work now?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

http://www.google.com/patents/US20070263758

• Official Post

Hi Barty. Bob does like to beat his chest a bit! Read the patent APPLICATION link. or watch from around 11 minutes in.

ETA. I can't (yet - now found) find Kenneth A Rubinson, the lead researcher- but I have found Alfred Kornel.

Alfred Kornel. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Risk Reduction Engineering Laboratory 26 W. Martin Luther King Drive Cincinnati, OH 45268 (some years ago).
    Kenneth A Rubinson https://www.amazon.com/Chemica…th-Rubinson/dp/0316760870

• At about 42:00, bob mentions that only heat is required to pump the reaction. This is not true. Rossi tried to get a gas fired LENR reactor going and he could not. The LENR reactor needs EMF stimulation.

• Official Post

- A second element capable forming covalent hydrides like Sb (forming SbH3) or Ge (forming GeH4) is provided as a "catalyst".

One of the problems that concerns me is the very high toxicity of many tri-hydrides. Phosgene (PH3) is the best known example - having had a modest does of Phosgene poisoning in a lab many years ago I will never forget that one, it was a bit like having a full troupe of cavalry gallop over your chest! Here is what Wikipedia says about Stibene - hydrided Antimony.

The toxicity of stibine is distinct from that of other antimony compounds, but similar to that of arsine.[8] Stibine binds to the haemoglobin of red blood cells, causing them to be destroyed by the body. Most cases of stibine poisoning have been accompanied by arsine poisoning, although animal studies indicate that their toxicities are equivalent. The first signs of exposure, which can take several hours to become apparent, are headaches, vertigo and nausea, followed by the symptoms of hemolytic anemia (high levels of unconjugated bilirubin), hemoglobinuria and nephropathy.

50% fatal dose in mice achieved at 100ppM.

• Official Post

This is probably unrelated with what axil was trying to say but I just thought: if the "catalytic element" here is a covalent hydride of any of the groups listed above, then potentially methane or other hydrocarbons could be suitable too. CH4 could be considered a tetrahydride of carbon.

This had also occured to me. It may also happen (from memory - no time to check) that Nickel will catalyse C+H4 -> CH4 at high temperatures.

• Lithium Aluminum Hydride becomes metalized at the lowest pressure : 42 GPa of all hydrides because it is a ternary hydride.Other hydrides can be found that become metalized at even lower pressures if the aluminum atom is replaced with a heaver atom. Lower pressure of formation means easier LENR startup.

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/om020335k

Also see

http://www.pnas.org/content/106/42/17640.full

Abstract

From detailed assessments of electronic structure, we find that a combination of significantly quantal elements, six of seven atoms being hydrogen, becomes a stable metal at a pressure approximately 1/4 of that required to metalize pure hydrogen itself. The system, LiH6 (and other LiHn), may well have extensions beyond the constituent lithium. These hypothetical materials demonstrate that nontraditional stoichiometries can considerably expand the view of chemical combination under moderate pressure.

• Official Post

@gameover OK- if methane is a no go, we could consider Hexane, Octane, Decane perhaps? There is a phase change problem if you use liquid- but that could be overcome. What do you think. Most of these are available- though Decane is likely to get the FDA around- apparently it is used for extracting Cannabis Oils.

ETA- the hardware for this is not a problem. Easy using the 'model T' as a basis.

• I have seen the video and read the patent (quickly). Link to the patent: <a href="https://www.google.com/patents/US20070263758" class="externalURL" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">google.com/patents/US20070263758</a>

I am not sure to what extent mr. Greenyer understood this patent. To me it seems to be a mish-mash between muon catalyzed fusion and the theory…

The mass of a proton is 1836 times that of an electron, if atoms or molecules have one of their electron replaced by an H- it will cause their radius to shrink up to 1836 times.

(emphasis mine)

I am not a physicist and do not claim to fully understand all the various theories floating about. Secondly, I have not followed BLP's drama closely but do occasionally read posts about it. MIlls seems to push his theory of the "Hydrino", which I believe has been explained as hydrogen in a "low energy" state, in which the orbital distance of the electrons have collapsed down to a much smaller diameter.

MIlls Hydrino and the above sound strikingly similar. So my question to those more educated in this arena, are the theories even in the same ball park? I realize that Mills talks about Hydrogen orbitals being collapsed and the above is stating that a Hydrogen ion is supplanting an electron causing another elements orbital to collapse.

Also, is this suppose to be the "bulletproof" test announcement?

• For what it is worth, according to Wikipedia Stibine (SbH3) decomposes rapidly above 200°C while Germane (GeH4) decomposes above 600K (327°C). Why (or better, how) does this patent claim their usage at temperatures greater than 300°C?

R. Mills explicitly mentioned Sb3+ as an element undergoing no radiative energy transfers! --> catalyst for shrinking H*.

• Official Post

For what it is worth, according to Wikipedia Stibine (SbH3) decomposes rapidly above 200°C while Germane (GeH4) decomposes above 600K (327°C). Why (or better, how) does this patent claim their usage at temperatures greater than 300°C?

The above is indeed a problem. I have a few doubts about this whole scenario - not Bob's fault at all, since I know (or believe) he has not had an opportunity to replicate it all himself - and I am not sure the MFMP team knew much about this before his video reveal. Perhaps magicsound (Alan) could comment on that?

Regardless, www.lookingforheat.com are ordering extra chemicals and I am designing a reactor and building a bigger fume cabinet especially to suit a replication - have zero doubt LFH are supporting MFMP of course- helping with research is what we do.

These are the things which make me personally unsure that this is so important and bomb-proof. But would be delighted to be wrong (I often am).

1. These guys all went back to their daytime jobs. Teaching, writing textbooks, working at the EPA. They soon got over their initial excitement at the discovery of this phenomenon.
    2. It is only a patent application - they never paid the fees required to make it a solid legally protected patent. Although they used an expensive (they all are ) agency for the first patent.
    3. Nobody cited it in any other pure LENR patent - in fact it has been cited only once since.
    4. Nobody seems to have replicated or repeated the work they describe - unless that is in peer-reviewed journals I cannot access.
    5. There is no experimental data, no calorimetry, no COP mentioned in the patent.

• Official Post

For those who are thinking about replicating this patent application I have obtained for www.lookingforheat.com around 100grams of high-purity Boron Powder average particle size 1 Micron (still en route) and we already have good stocks of LiH as well as LiAlH4. The first two chemicals are not yet mentioned on the website, but email for details if you wish to buy some. We have no plans to sell either Antimony or Germanium for the forseeable future, purely on the grounds of the highly toxic nature of their tri-hydrides.

• Official Post

linked to that patent, the author also filed
    http://www.google.com.na/patents/WO1996006434A1?cl=en

it looks like a variation, an early/simpler version, of the one discussed above?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.