me356's TWO Secrets For Excess Heat Revealed?

• Official Post

First of all I propose to NOT use Li and use something else instead, like for example K (potassium). However, this requires betraying the church of Rossi.

It seems to be what did thermacore, one of the few well reported NiH success
    http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/GernertNnascenthyd.pdf

Nasa too was inpired

The cell tested at NASA is thus nearly the same as the one pictured and described in more detail under "Thermacore Experiment 4" in Reference 15, except that the Thermacore cell used an additional, inner cathode wound from 5000 m of nickel wire.

see also EPRI report appendix A
    http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/EPRIdevelopmen.pdf

• Not sure it will be worth anyone's time to go down these roads.

I tried:
    KOH
    NaOH
    TiH2
    Fe2O3
    Aluminum power
    LiAlH4

All with various combinations with the nickel powder.

Personally, I will not waste further time until someone presents something convincing with NiH. The me356 story does not ring true to me.

• It seems to be what did thermacore, one of the few well reported NiH success

Very interesting is that, they (Thermacore 1994) refer to R.Mills for a theoretical explanation, before Mills (1995) published his work (where he, as an addon, predicted the expansion of the univere.. what is the true reason many hate him..)

• Any electonegative element Chlorine or Sulphur will poison the reaction sites and inhibit adsorption on the nickel surface. Interestingly, Rossi's identified catalyst (lithium) and his speculated catalyst (potassium) are electropostive promoters of hydrogen adsorption.

Check out this book.

https://books.google.com/books?id=FiB4ShiYmeIC&pg=PA338&lpg=PA338&dq=electropositive+and+nickel+and+hydrogen+and+adsorption&source=bl&ots=cZVuERel1n&sig=P-WySsqJGf4ZB8iWtQs_SUGCsJg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2vJONq8XPAhVH2yYKHY8mDnQQ6AEIJTAB#v=onepage&q=electropositive and nickel and hydrogen and adsorption&f=false

• Secret #1 - Vacuum your nickel under heat.

Secret #2 Apply additional hydrogen in a step like manner after heating of LiAlH4.

I'm not sure what the big reveal is here. I've been vacuuming my nickel and adding additional Hydrogen in my publicly available tests for at least six months. Vacuuming and adding additional Hydrogen is part of the MFMP's "signal" recipe. These are well known steps and, while I believe they are important, they are not a guarantee for success. The best result I've seen while including these steps is an estimated excess heat of approximately 10% (this test was reported on LENR Forum). It is not trivial to do these steps well and I'm still improving my methods. When vacuuming you must consider out-gassing of anything in your reactor and system leaks that might allow oxygen or contaminants in. Welded/soldered joints should be used where possible and any PTFE sealed threaded joints should be kept far away from the heat of the reactor. The added Hydrogen should be free of contaminants as well. It is likely the weld gas grade Hydrogen (probably produced from steam reforming of natural gas) I've been using is not pure enough and may contain CO and other contaminants. me356 uses very pure electrolytically produced Hydrogen from a Hydrogen generator (unfortunately purchasing one of these units is out of my budget at this time). These steps may be the guarantee for success we've been looking for, but doing them well is certainly not trivial.

• True, the MFMP has been using those 2 "secrets".

And actually, towards the end of their last experiment (their attempt to replicate that "signal" that was talked about so much), there was a new "signal" that was triggered by loading hydrogen, vacuuming, and increasing temperature. That signal was repeated once or twice.

I'm not sure why it's not talked about more. Maybe Ill try to dig it up.

• The signal is a result of metalized hydrogen production as the electrons either move away from the positive core or fall back into the core.

http://sdphln.ucsd.edu/~jorge/abstracts/ionizing.html

• /* Many of his tests did not use coronal discharge at all. */

Yes, and they were widely discussed here. Once me356 did try the corona, he immediately got secretive.

Draw the conclusion for yourself...

/* I tried: KOH, NaOH, TiH2, Fe2O3, Aluminum power, LiAlH4. All with various combinations with the nickel powder.
    Personally, I will not waste further time until someone presents something convincing with NiH. The me356 story does not ring true to me. */

The same as above.

• And actually, towards the end of their last experiment (their attempt to replicate that "signal" that was talked about so much), there was a new "signal" that was triggered by loading hydrogen, vacuuming, and increasing temperature. That signal was repeated once or twice.

The graphs you show from the GS5.3 "signals" show that there were spikes in the count rate at two or so different points. Was an energy spectrum seen in the spectrometer that was similar to the purported bremsstrahlung of the GS5.2 signal?

• Was an energy spectrum seen in the spectrometer that was similar to the purported bremsstrahlung of the GS5.2 signal?

No, there wasn't. And yet this is the best evidence I have seen yet of something strange really going on. I watched it live. They repeated it a sequence of actions, and something happened again.
    I don't know what was going on, but it was definitely going on.

• @Eric Walker,
    As exemplified in the two images provided, the radiometric response is not quite correlating with a definite action.
    In the first image, the scintillometer count spike coincides with the pressure change (tan line).
    In the second image, the scintillometer count spike coincides with the temperature spike and sudden drop.
    So, still some work to do on these anomalies.

• refer to R.Mills for a theoretical explanation, before Mills (1995) published his work (where he, as an addon, predicted the expansion of the univere.. what is the true reason many hate him..)

How to correct this expansion broblem with Adaption?
    Some expansion is good to reduce temperature, but accelerating (metric) expansion seems to be bad for future?

Can it be some observative error?

• Here's what was seen during the GS5.3 experiment by MFMP when they started playing with pressure. Note these are two different instances. CPM is from the Amptek Cdte detector.

There was a little bit of something on the TN7200 (graphs by Ecco)

The data from the Amptek x123 x-ray spectrometer was shown to be suspect due to the device's sensitivity to electro magnetic interference (EMI). The sensor head was partially shielded by the steel cart deck under which it was mounted, but this shielding may not have been sufficient to prevent sensitivity to the magnetic field of the heater system. This was discovered during an attempt to replicate on 26 April. A mu metal shield was fabricated and installed, following which the x123 data showed null response to the temp/pressure transients. But my impression is that the cell was inactive by that time, after a long dwell at 80 watts / 260°C, so this result is inconclusive.

The TN7200 spectrometer did not show this susceptibility in post testing , and the measurements from 19 April may be significant. The spectral analysis of the data is in progress and will be reported when available. Any correlation of the TN7200 data with that of the x123 would increase the significance of the finding.

• @magicsound

The sensitivity of the Amptek spectrometer to EMI became obvious when you brought it closer to the GlowStick. This was after the two anomalies I mentioned, and, once the spectrometer was moved, the background counts increased very significantly.

However, before, that move, the background counts were relatively low, and the only instances of high counts on the Amptek that I am aware of during the whole experiment were on April 19 and 27. I.e. the ones Ive posted above.

So, while we can't discount some sort of EMI, it is quite a coincidence that the spikes all occurred as you were playing around with pressure (bleeding the cell and introducing H).

Worth doing more experimentation IMHO

• So, while we can't discount some sort of EMI, it is quite a coincidence that the spikes all occurred as you were playing around with pressure (bleeding the cell and introducing H).
    Worth doing more experimentation IMHO

Yes, absolutely correct. The spikes observed also corresponded to abrupt changes in the heater power, but not to the same extent as seen with the CdTe head above the cart surface and unshielded. The x123 was on loan from Amptek, and they confirmed that EMI sensitivity was a known problem for that system. The TN7200 uses a thin NaI crystal scintillator, and is unfortunately less sensitive to photons in the region of interest (~1 to 100 keV).

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.