Industrial Heat to Organize ICCF21 in Raleigh, NC

• Official Post

As any fule do know, the Toulouse meeting was sponsored (in part) by Airbus, I am pretty sure that IH did no more than pay for tickets. Why would I think otherwise?
    The 'bill' part referred to the fact that it might be imaginedthat DW's dining companions had left him to pick up the tab (bill) for dinner. The photograph came in the usual way, via camera.

• @AlainCo
    "the initial refusal of LENR seems mostly to be from theoretical lack of imagination, lack of understanding that collective phenomenon could exist (because the mindguards were not of material science), mixed with laziness and prejudice against lower caste scientist (nuclear physicist versus more applied/dirty scientists) allowed by incompetence in the experimental domain (usual discourse against LENR is like "I dont trust those cookers thermometers, I want neutrons").
    -------------------------------------------------------

This comment is very interesting to me. If I may... I have noticed your change of perspectives (as best I can say it) regarding Rossi. Addressing 'cold fusion' as an anomaly.
    It seems so far we lack the same physics foundation as the EMdrive. I am not ready to give up on LENR just yet.

Maybe, just maybe just as in the case of the EMdrive the theoretical explanation will have to lag behind the experimental verification.

Anyway on CF maybe we need a new answer on why we do not have radiation per existing models.

• Official Post

From an epistemology and psychology/sociology point of view, LENR and EmDrive share great similarities.

• It is an anomaly (in the Kuhnian sense), pushed by non physicists.
    • There are ridiculous critics about tiny measurements... Joke when you see their "equivalence principle test" expensive nN balances, or LHC/Gravitational Waves,
    • claim of magical unverified artifacts that are accepted without checking,
    • claim of theoretical impossibility,
    • claim of law violation,
    • ignorance of the weakness and hole in today's data (see how cosmologists accept dark matter, which epistemologically is just an infinitely tunnable fudge factor matched to data)
    • dominant focus on theory,
    • critics of early pet theories instead of experiment,
    • denial and ignorance of experimental cross checking done,
    • huge societal impact of the discovery,
    • early entrepreneurship reaction by inventors/discoverers,
    • huge loss of budget in big science if confirmed,
    • difficulties to replicate because without theory there is no idea of what make the things works (better for EmDrive).
    • high technical complexity while apparent simplicity for the newcomer, especially for highest physicist (particle, cosmology, theory).

What I wrote is simply a synthesis of many things I heard from scientists and some personal reassembling with my semiconductor culture.

Jean Paul Biberian, Michael McKubre, Edmund Storms, Robert godes, like Emdrive debates have brought ideas leading to my position, ...

Cold fusion or EmDrive as anomaly is just how science should consider it until there is a working theory.
    You can make fire with an anomaly, it is just hard to predict and master.

I have no more any hope on Rossi, and sadly I'm pessimistic with all the courageous experimenters who try to replicate him. It is not fair. Anyway at least there is hope with NiH in general, especially from Didier Grass, Miley, Piantelli, Celani, Focardi. back to the basics!

• I have no more any hope on Rossi, and sadly I'm pessimistic with all the courageous experimenters who try to replicate him. It is not fair. Anyway at least there is hope with NiH in general, especially from Didier Grass, Miley, Piantelli, Celani, Focardi. back to the basics!

Didier Grass, Miley, Piantelli, Celani......their reactors are already on the market? Why do you deem them more credible?

• Official Post

NiH technology is probably no more that at lab level success.
    My bet is that lack of theory makes improvement very difficult.

Didier Grass report is just an incident, but with an uncommon setup (ZrO2 micropowder with nanostructured sputtered Ni plating).
    Piantelli got dark by hope of application, but it does not seems commercial-ready.
    Focardi is dead, and Rossi is not his best attorney.
    Miley reports something that works but with problem of endurance.

We need more science, and I even estimate that PdD maye be a better technology to develop a theory, because experiments are easier and already much more replicated and described.

• it sounds instead that our Dewey was making a boast after having one too many

Formal annouincements of the next ICCF which are always made at the banquet. Did you read my earlier post which explained that it the International Advisory Committee (IAC) discusses and approves bids to host ICCFs? How could this possibly be due to drinking after one too many?

After making his formal announcement at the banquet Dewey left prematurely in order to catch a plane. I doubt if he had much time to "have one too many".

If this forum is to maintain any pretence at authoritive reporting, we really need to cut out the gossip and innuendo. Let's concentrate on verifiable facts and the science.

• Official Post

If this forum is to maintain any pretence at authoritive reporting, we really need to cut out the gossip and innuendo. Let's concentrate on verifiable facts and the science

Hermes,

Gosh, if we just talk about facts, especially verifiable ones, we won't have anything to talk about! :) If we had those, mainstream scientists like TTH would have accepted LENR by now, and we would already be well into the new energy paradigm. But agree that we do have science to talk about...or at east the scientists here do. Us low tech guys though, by default, only have gossip and innuendo left to offer. If we can't do that, then all the serious types here will bore everyone to death, and LF will wither on the vine. So, out of a sense of loyalty to LF, I think it my duty to keep on gossiping....however will forsake the innuendos. ;)

Anyways, you copied only a portion of my post, making it look like I was picking on Dewey. Well, guess I was, but he and I have done that in the past...nonetheless, my tone was clearly light-hearted when put in full context.

This thread started with the news that IH *was* going to host the 2018 ICCF21 in North Carolina. Your post though made it clear instead that this was only "tentative", so I was simply ascertaining from Dewey what the real scoop was. If IH does not host, then will it still be held in NC? Good stuff to know about I think. Anyways, he still has not answered, and I will leave it at that.

• Jed you were present at the banquet. Evidentally you cannot remember Dewey's speech.

I do not remember it, but it is irrelevant. These banquets always end with an announcement about the next conference. The announcement was that the conference will be in North Carolina, with I.H. the main sponsor. Dewey wasn't there when they said that. He had to go early. I have not heard from anyone that the plan has been changed or the meeting cancelled.

• Nobody has suggested

that the plan has been changed or the meeting cancelled

What Dewey did say during his speech at the banquet was that the IH offer to host ICCF21 was tentative.

The fact you cannot remember crucial details of announcements is not irrelevant if you also claim to have witnessed what was said. Dewey made the announcement himself at the microphone. You seem to think that Dewey left early (true) without making the announcement himself (false).

• You seem to think that Dewey left early (true) without making the announcement himself (false).

The committee made the announcement. I have been in touch with them, arguing about page limits. I am sure if the plan was cancelled they would tell me.

If you doubt me, why don't you ask the committee?

• I wanted to take this opportunity to clear up the confusion around ICCF21. Last summer, IH was asked to consider hosting ICCF21 in Raleigh which was a great honor in and of itself. IH agreed to do so on a tentative basis with a final decision expected in the Spring of 2017.
    I'd like to ask everyone to be patient in the interim.

Thank you,
    Dewey

• Dear Dewey,

This is very interesting because it implies a decision.
    You perhaps know my life slogan written for the "20 Rules of Real life Problem Solving"
    "I think, therefore I exist. I take decisions, therefore I live. I solve problems, therefore I live with a purpose"
    Decisions are of vital importance- ergo I have decided to write here first despite my former decision to restrict publishing to EGO OUT and to neutral or undecided sites.

As you well know, I was unable to understand many of IH/Cherokee's decisions during the 1MW-1 year Test and
    during the legal conflict with Rossi, up to today. A long list, not to repeat here.

However I do not like false correlations and associations or mixing incompatible things. So I think, this decision of the Company has NOTHING to do with the evolution. situation and perspectives pf the unhappy Trial. True?

However in this case it is difficult to understand the Cunctator mentality and attitude- why to procrastinate foe approx 9 months such a clear Y/N decision?
    IH is supporting LENR, claims to be the main funder
    of scientifically correct LENR research, cares for LENR as the main source of energy in the future of Mankind.
    Even if breakthroughs will appear- by teams belonging to IH the field will continue to be in progress and development so ICCFs must continue. It can be lack f imagination but I am not able to see any reason for IH to NOT organize ICCF21.
    As former lecturer in "Management of Technology" at the local Romanian-US University of EcoManagement- I consider that fast decisions are a must for an agile prosperous company. Postponing is anything but NOT good for the prestige of IH and it even deconsolidates
    tits position in the world of new energy.
    Please let's distinguish this problem from the Conflict!
    A final negative decision would be worse than demoralizing.
    Thank you in advance,
    Peter

• Official Post

I agree Peter. Nothing is more discouraging for entrepreneurs (and I include Inventors/LENR researchers in this category) than faint-hearted or indecisive investment partners. The field of LENR is a wide one, and hanging around for a decision in the Rossi case seems hardly neccessary - ICCf has it's own momentum and it's own program. Rossi might have been 'an elephant in the room' but he never spoke at ICCF, and is in so many ways an entirely separate case.

• Nothing is more discouraging for entrepreneurs (and I include Inventors/LENR researchers in this category) than faint-hearted or indecisive investment partners. The field of LENR is a wide one, and hanging around for a decision in the Rossi case seems hardly neccessary

I think it i s unlikely, but what if Rossi wins an $89 million judgment? We might know in 2017, and whether or not Rossi ultimately wins, IH could be heavily occupied with the lawsuit until the trial is complete, if the case goes to trial. The trial is currently set to begin in the two weeks beginning June 26, 2017.

Given those conditions, for IH to maintain a certain reserve is utterly unsurprising. I would suggest a different stand, though.

I would suggest committing, and, as with all commitments, there is some possibility of failure, the committing organization or person might possibly be unable to complete the commitment. IH could still commit, it is not obligated to play dead.

IHHI could, without even that possible doubt, prudently commit, it has the resources, and it could set them aside. If IH itself is whacked by the lawsuit, IHHI could still make the event happen, and is, in any case, the full owner of IH.

If IH is unable to continue to function, IHHI could trivially create a new US company representing it here. I'd assume that if IH were to be hit with such a large judgment, IHHI would bid in any auction for the useful assets. The possibility of a judgment against Cherokee is so remote that, basically, forget about it. (The main funding support for IHHI isn't Darden, and it never was Cherokee, it became Woodford in 2015, but control was entrusted to Darden and Vaughn, as the holders of a majority of voting shares.)

• I'm just waiting for either side to actually fire a metaphorical round that isn't rubber tipped.

For example, if Rossi really did have video cameras recording everything twenty four hours a day and he submits the evidence to IH, they could very quickly figure out if there was every any chemical manufacturing equipment in use, if James A. Bass was just an actor or if he ever did any work with such equipment, etc. If there was no manufacturing equipment and James A. Bass never performed any real work producing a chemical product, then IH should -- according to my very limited understanding of the law -- get the case against them dismissed all together. Of course if there is video evidence of equipment, manufacturing taking place, and James A. Bass performing some kind of work then the whole situation becomes much more complicated.

• Official Post

Of course if there is video evidence of equipment, manufacturing taking place, and James A. Bass performing some kind of work then the whole situation becomes much more complicate

MrSS,

That would definitely make things interesting. Even if he does though provide all that, Rossi has a steep uphill climb just from the limited evidence so far provided by IH. From the evidence IH has provided, Rossi appears to have done some pretty slick things. Several of which individually would be grounds for getting his case tossed, while keeping IH's counter-suit intact.

That is not to say I would not welcome him having something legitimate to defend himself with, as that would suggest there may be something there. Doubtful though from what I see. Even were he to offer some reasonable explanation for his deceitful words, and actions leading up to the "GPT", there is almost no chance the 350 day test satisfied the contracts minimally acceptable COP of 4. Nor will it ever be deemed anything of scientific value.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.