Ultrasonic Fuel Treatment

• Official Post

Seems like LFH has an admirer. Anyone heard of this "RubiitPower India" - http://www.rubiitpower.com/tech2.html before? I haven't. The founder, Suhas Ralker has a good record it appears:

Developed India’s first Fetal Heart monitors and First Solid State Ultrasonic generator for Ultrasonic Cleaning Eqpt. Set up Ralsonics in 1973 Over the Last Forty Years Ralsonics has developed many technologies and Manufacturing Ultrasonic Eqpt for Various applications to Defence,Auto,NPCIL.NFC.BARC ,HAL and other Aerospace units & large Public and private sector units

Seems his prior expertise in various technologies lead him to LENR where he is developing an:

RUBIITPOWER (Resonant Ultrasonic Bubble Implosion Implantation Transmutation - Technology) Invention Includes Solid - state Matrix which comprises ceramic material forming main body of Heating element that is porous to multi-element Titanium micron particles fuel which can be ionized or polarized with electro-magnetic field This helps to keep fuel in continuous motion reference to Dopant Gas atoms. The multi-element Titanium Fuel is processed earlier by using Rubiit Ultrasonic technology to achieve the designed characterstics. Interaction between fuel and Dopant gas at designed temperature and pressure releases Heat energy for producing steam that can be converted to electrical energy or can be used for heating purpose in Industries.Optmisation of materials and material morphology is for quality and efficiency of heat release.

Theory

The Invention follows the three part (Cavity, Tunneling, Spring) combined Rubiit Cavity Spring theory that explains and confirms the practicability of the Invention. Fifty grams of the Titanium multielement fuel is capable of producing 160000 kwH of energy producing @ of 20 paise per kwH with approx Investment of Rs 8crore per Megawatthour which is much cheaper than Nuclear, Solar, Thermal & oil/gas based power.

Future Plans for Rubiitpower

The concept prototype has been tested for stable 5kwh energy for over a month.Want to set production line in 2016 with the further refined Technology for 10kwh eqpt

He has made a few comments on ECW which you can see on Disqus. Looking to market something in 2017 according to their website, although I would think that if he looks forward to reading LFHs "part 2" as he says on ECW today, he probably will miss that deadline. :)

Anyway, wish you, and LFH, the best of luck Mr. Ralkar.

the concept prototype has been tested for stable 5kwh energy for over a month.

Confusing units for energy and power is a hallmark of the silliest scammers. The above statement makes no sense whatever. Probably means 5kW (*power* not "energy") for a month. Yah shoore. prove it! And before you even get to that, try to get the units right.

And Shane, you never learned anything from Defkalion and Rossi. You are doomed to be bamboozled and flummoxed by every free energy fraudulent con that comes along the pike.

• Confusing units for energy and power is a hallmark of the silliest pseudoskeptics...

5 kWh is a measure of energy, just like Rubiitpower said.

Any sensible person would realise they mean 7Wh/h... Not 5kW (*power* not "energy")

Mary, sometimes I think you are bamboozled by your knee-jerk scamphilic behavior routines.

• Actually in this case it would be approximately 7Wmonth/month. Seems pretty stable to me.

You might get a peak of 7.44Wmonth/month in February in non-leap years, which might be a relief after having had to endure only 6.72 Wmonth/month in January.

• They said 5kWh of energy for a month. That's energy per unit time. That is meaningless and an incorrect use of units. Really? You guys don't get that? Wow. If they meant 5kWh of energy *in* a month, that is what they should have said. If they meant 5kW of power for a month, that is what they should have said. And I wouldn't believe either or those either, BTW.

• They said 5kWh of energy for a month. That's energy per unit time. That is meaningless and an incorrect use of units. Really? You guys don't get that? Wow. If they meant 5kWh of energy *in* a month, that is what they should have said. If they meant 5kW of power for a month, that is what they should have said. And I wouldn't believe either or those either, BTW.

Hi Mary, another big thumbs up for you. I really like what you wrote here. It is rather hot and bothersome, is it not?

• Official Post

about using kWh/month or similar non SI units, instead of simply W or joule, it is just a way to make people understand the interest of the result.

if I say you I can produce 3.7e-7 kg/s of wine you don't really catch it is one litter per month.

it is also commonly used to abuse the public like when you talk of litter of water when talking of the ocean.

I notice also it is very common in US laymen discussion because SI system is not used and thus the k/M/G/T/P/E/m/µ/n/p/f/a scaling prefix.

• Official Post

In an attempt to lever this thread back onto the tracks, here is an except from one of many papers Hank Mills uncovered in the course of research for our joint discussion paper linked above.

This paper (linked below) , by A. Ye. Yermakov et al, discusses the promotion of molecular hydrogen dissociation by the presence of graphene layers on the surface of magnesium particles, and also their influence on diffusion of hydrogen into the lattice. Such discoveries as this have prompted our investigation of the use of ultrasound (US) to clean nickel particles suspended in alkanes (like hexane) which may be themselves dissociated by cavitation collapse during the US process. Dissociation of the suspension medium would lead to the deposition of carbon chains in the surface of the nickel, some of which may in fact self-organise into graphene sheets coating the metal surface. As an added bonus, the liberation of the carbon chains frees the hydrogen component, which may also assist in oxide removal and (perhaps) even diffuse into the nickel. One of the predominant reasons we chose an alkane like hexane as a suspension medium is in fact the fact that it contains no oxygen, as would for example an alchohol.

The method of preparation of Ni-C composites described below is not within our equipment or current budget. Here the authors seem primarily interested in the use of graphene to stabilise and protect the metal particles and consider the catalytic activity of the graphene itself. We have plenty of supporting evidence to show that the use of US can achieve similar results in terms of carbon/graphene deposition at lower temperatures, and that this may actually promote hydrogenation activity, perhaps as a co-catalyst with nickel. References at the end of our paper will lead you to evidence of this phenomenon.

Of course, we have few solid reasons to believe that methods used to promote the catalytic activity of nickel in chemical processes are related to its LENR suitability, but since we know that the relationship between nickel and hydrogen is a fundamental aspect of LENR we believe this is a worthwhile investigation.

Sharp eyed readers will notice that this paper is the beginning of a new phase of endeavour for www.lookingforheat.com in we begin to move our immediate focus away from product development (which will continue but at a more relaxed pace) and toward 'best practice' research. We will be discussing and describing this work in here and in the 'Research Notes' section of our website.

"Ni@C composite contains graphene-like carbon as outer shell and the nickel core. Ni@C nanocomposites were prepared by melting in suspension state and evaporation of melted metal in a flow of inert gas containing light hydrocarbons. Carbon coated nickel nanoparticles consist of nickel core about 4-5 nm in size wrapped in a few layers of carbon (see Refs. 5, 6). Evaluation of atomic and electronic structure of these particles6 demonstrates that carbon shell of nickel nanoparticles consists of a few stable graphene layers with significant amount of Stone-Wales17 defects.

Formations of these graphene layers (ten or less) over nickel substrate is similar to the formation of perfect graphene mono and plural layers over transition metal substrates 19-21, and protect the transition metal core from any interactions with environment within two years.5 Previous theoretical calculations predict the enhancement of chemical activity of graphene comprising this type of defects, 22, or doped by transition metal impurities.23 The combination of these reasons with low cost and facility in production, long time stability at ambient conditions,6, and abundance of by-products (or wastes) motivate us examine the catalytic properties of carbon coated nickel nano-particles in the [a] Prof. A. Ye. Yermakov, dr. M. A. Uimin Institute of Metal Physics, Ural Branch of RAS, 620990 Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation [b] Prof. D. W. Boukhvalov School of Computational Studies Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS) Seoul 130-722, Korea. [c] Prof. E. S. Lokteva, A. V. Erokhin, dr. N. N. Schegoleva Lomonosov Moscow State University, Chemistry Department, 119991 Moscow, Russian Federation. 2 chemical reaction with rather simple mechanism and high importance for the further applications.
    On the other hand hydrogen dissociation reaction is a feasible test for the examination and understanding of the catalytic properties of these materials."

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1211.2492

• This paper (linked below) , by A. Ye. Yermakov et al, discusses the promotion of molecular hydrogen dissociation by the presence of graphene layers on the surface of magnesium particles, and also their influence on diffusion of hydrogen into the lattice.

@Alan: My understanding of the process is the following: The coated Ni is a strong catalyst for splitting molecular H2. Three layers of graphene activate the Ni surface (further protect Ni from corrosion) which (on top of the graphene layer) holds weakly bound H, which then can be absorbed my Mg (a high H storage material!).
    Nothing is said that the coated Ni itself will absorb H too!! (You have to find out.)
    But, may be, its surface will be a very good candidate to host H(0) clusters!

• It's probably a way out there idea but... I wonder if corrugated borophene or graphene could play a useful role. I recently read the following article about the use of borophene for flexible electronics:

http://www.spacedaily.com/repo…258.1693365479.1476105327

But i suppose another quality of this material apart form its flexibility would be its large surface area. If a graphene layer is useful I wonder if corrugated graphene can also bring benefits.

I wondered else where if the electrical properties and other useful characteristics of Boron Nitride Nano Tubes or or Boron Carbide Nano tubes could bring some benefits:

https://disqus.com/home/discus…ation/#comment-2936340988

if so perhaps the borophene equivalent could also bring some benefits too. Does Boro Carbide also produce graphene like mono sheets I wonder?

The following is probably way way out there but i saw it reading about the above and it makes me wonder, however it would require someone with better theoretical knowledge than me to know if it is relevant or not:

http://journals.aps.org/prb/ab…0.1103/PhysRevB.87.075405

Its interesting that there appears to be a spatial dependance of the fermi velocity in this corrugated material could this be useful in some way? or is it complicating things too much?

This is interesting too:

https://arxiv.org/pdf/0904.1520.pdf

http://www.nature.com/nmat/journal/v9/n4/abs/nmat2710.html

Could Moire fringes and dislocations play a role in enhancing Hydrogen absorption?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moiré_pattern

Just an idea

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

In response to comments made about this paper on other fora, it might be worthexplaining a little more about the purpose of our proposed experiment and the motives that drive LFH on.

The very extensive literature on hydrigenation shows that both ultrasonics and acid cleaning of nickel (and other metals) increase the absorption and adsorption of hydrogen. The reason being that completely oxide free surfaces reduce H2 to H+H more readily than 'dirty' ones. One of the steps in the hydrogen uptake process may be the formation of 'transient' hydrides, which actually penetrate the metal, propagating crack defects as they do so. This process of defect creation is thought to be due to both physical swelling caused by the hydrides, and charge differences between materials.The hydrogen makes its own defect sites.

A macroscopic example of a (distantly) related phenomenon may be seen on a modern hardpoint handsaw exposed to damp conditions for a while. Tiny snail-tracks of corrosion (rust) may be seen forming under the lacquer coating on the bright steel surface, twisting and curling over the surface. These are caused by oxygen attack initially via pinholes in the lacquer, and propagating along the line of least resistance propelled by charge differences between oxidised and unoxidised surfaces, and always looking for the 'line of least resistance.'

There is another potential bonus of sonication in alkanes, the possible deposition of graphene 'scraps' onto the surface of the metal and the liberation of 'in situ' hydrogen at the nickel/alkane interface caused by cavitation-promoted breakdown of the hydrocarbons. This has been remarked on in the literature, and is thought to act as a powerful H2 dissociation co-catalyst. See Wyttenbach's mention of this above. Over-long sonication reduces the hydrogenation capability of nickel, so it may be that too much graphene hinders the process.

As for suggestions that our discussion paper is part of a marketing push to sell LENR kits, this is far from the true motive. We set up www.lookingforheat.com to provide services to active LENR experimenters. Some things are hard/impossible to get, especially in small amounts, so we sought and found them, and offer them at affordable prices. Not as a money-making venture. Please don't make the mistake of confusing LFH with a business!
    LFH donated in cash, in kind and (as man hours) more to other researchers than we have ever made from sales. If it was money we were after we would probably sell umbrellas or snow-shoes. Or indeed anything made by someone else. Very little work involved in doing that, and it requires no (very expensive) research lab and development back-up. However, criticism is good, it keeps us on our toes, as my Ma used to say, 'if you're complaining at least you are still alive'.

• /* The very extensive literature on hydrogenation shows that both ultrasonics and acid cleaning of nickel (and other metals) increase the absorption and adsorption of hydrogen. The reason being that completely oxide free surfaces reduce H2 to H+H more readily than 'dirty' ones. */

Such an recommendations should be always supported experimentally with positive yield of cold fusion. Instead of it, me356 recommends the surface oxides of nickel for higher yield of reaction and he talks about cycling of nickel surface for to make it rough, which is exactly the opposite of ultrasound cleaning..

me356: Reactor parameters [part 2]

here the cracks and pits are also recommended http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…pits-and-holes-axil-axil/

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.