New Experimental Report from Tom Conover

• Official Post

[feedquote='E-Cat World','http://www.e-catworld.com/2016/10/11/new-experimental-report-from-tom-conover/']The document and comments have been submitted to me by Tom Conover, aka Wizkid Control Tests & Live Run Results: Tests Performed 10/09/2016 thru 10/10/2016 http://www.e-catworld.com/wp-c…Mixture-Test-Results2.pdf To the readers: I read the temperature from 2 to 20 times per second. The way that I dropped the temperature during the run was that I controlled the […][/feedquote]

• Official Post

Interesting experiments @wizkid!

Looks like he's wittingly provoking melt downs with input power levels which didn't melt down a control-run reactor. This clearly indicates a successful reaction with COP > 1.
    In the next step he's trying to get these melt downs under control :nuke:

This approach will damage a large number of reactors and would demotivate many other replicators.
    But maybe this is the only way to find the keypoints by pushing the reaction to its limits (= melt down, which seems to be a lot easier) and then try to step back to normal and controllable operation levels. :thumbup:

• I hope he gets to a really solid, abusable design, so he can push some limits without too much destructive delays. I have some concerns about how power is measured or calculated, but nothing serious at present. His work is improving fast enough that I think he can sort out most of any issues that crop up himself for the most part.

• The problem with an experiment that melts down, when only being characterized for heat (even presuming this is done properly) is that meltdowns occur so rapidly that the energy in meltdown can easily still be within chemical bounds. Depending on fuels, there is the opportunity for thermite-type oxygen exchange reactions, and these could provide chemical energy for a high temperature meltdown. What is needed in heat measuring experiments is sustained excess heat for a long period to insure that the total excess energy measured is outside of the range of chemical energy in the system. Better yet, be prepared to acquire measurements of possible nuclear signatures during the experiment (x-ray and gamma photons, neutrons, charged particle emissions ...). Otherwise, it is just an interesting, but not compelling phenomenon.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.