Rossi: Litigation to Last ‘at Least One Year’

• If he did, I am sure that IH would be using it and gearing up for commercialization. We would see engineering and manufacturing efforts.

Why do you think we would see the specific of such efforts? Dewey has talked before of IH's engineers and engineering facilities. IH are acquiring LENR IP, and filing for patent protection internationally. Seems like gearing up for something to me.

• 1. Those who are too stupid to see that the observers in Rossi's warehouse would be cooked to death if this were true.

1. Or, as the case may be, those who are too stupid to consider a chimney may have evacuated some or much of the heat. Because, why would anybody release the heat into the internal space of the factory? I know, I know: you say Rossi is lying that there was a chimney and the photos prove it. Rossi may be lying, but the photos you point to most definitely don't prove it.

2. Those who do not believe Exhibit 5, and who do not believe me when I say Rossi's data proves everything claimed in Exhibit 5.

2. Ahhh yes, the sacrosanct and mysterious Exhibit 5, with no signature attached to it and no letter head, and no firm statement as to its authorship. Just a flimsy suggestion in IH's filing.

If you want to say these two groups are engaged in "intrigue" then okay, you can call it that. I say it is merely inane stupidity, wishful thinking, or promoting fraud -- perhaps in exchange for a bribe from Rossi. I expect the people who yowl about "FUD" are paid by Rossi. They accuse others of this because they themselves are engaged in it, and they assume the rest of us also live in a sewer.

LOL. You are the one who outright refused to answer my question of whether IH had ever paid you in money or other forms of compensation. Go ahead, feel welcome to ask me if I am paid by Rossi or anyone associated with Rossi. I'll give you a straight up answer.

• An invisible chimney. As you see from the photos, there is no chimney. If there were a chimney, Rossi's lawyers would say so, wouldn't they?

More like a visible chimney, as can be seen in the photos, and pointed out by others on this forum. Now, while it is unlikely that the chimney in the photo can evacuate all of the heat, it has also never been claimed that the chimney needed to do such a thing. Moreover, the timing of the photos is also not disclosed by IH, nor do the photos cover the entire factory. And if a chimney is important to the litigation, I'm sure it will be part of the discussion. All this talk of chimneys, sheesh. Time for some Fiddler.

• No where did Rossi tell IH to use pure lithium 7 in the E-Cat fuel prep stage. This factoid is not in his patent or anywhere else that Rossi has written down. Rossi must have his own stash of pure lithium based fuel in his kit bag. IH will not get LENR to work unless they use pure lithium 7 in fuel preparation.

• Ahhh yes, the sacrosanct and mysterious Exhibit 5, with no signature attached to it and no letter head, and no firm statement as to its authorship. Just a flimsy suggestion in IH's filing.

If it flimsy and fake, why didn't Penon answer it? Why haven't Rossi's lawyers disputed it?

More like a visible chimney, as can be seen in the photos, and pointed out by others on this forum.

There is no chimney. There is only a vent with a broken fan, which could not possibly remove more than a small fraction of 1 MW.

• Official Post

Jed, there is an extant photograph of an 6" or possibly 8" diameter stainless-steel flue with a substantial moisture trap in it among the Doral photographs. I posted it last time you said 'there was no chimney'. Here it is again. There is a good argument it is inadequate, but it is way bigger than the (normally 4") flue on a domestic-size gas-fired water heater.

• IH Fanboy wrote:

I have blocked a substantial series of contributors here so I'm not tempted to continually reply to the same repetitive BS. However, sometimes others reply, thus shoving it in my face. This claim has been repeated many times. The document has no signature within it. However, it is attributed to Murray, specifically and clearly, in the IH Answer and Complaint. That is not a 'flimsy suggestion," it is a clear statement and easily backed up as needed in court. It is not "sacrosanct," this is merely a set of questions that Murray asked. The document is a memorialization of conversations between Murray and Penon in February. It included photographs ("exhibits"), which we have not been provided, but which could certainly be provided in court. Now comes Jed:

If it flimsy and fake, why didn't Penon answer it? Why haven't Rossi's lawyers disputed it?

These are circumstantial arguments. Perhaps Penon was in a hurry to catch a flight to Timbuktu. Apparently he issued the "ERV Report" four days later, so he was busy typing it up, or wiping the phelgm off of it. Whatever. The IH point of Exhibit 5 is twofold: there are unanswered questions about the measurements, and Penon did not behave as an independent consultant obligated to both parties. IH was paying him, but what client was he actually serving?

As to disputing it, Rossi has not filed an Answer to the Counter Complaint. He has not filed a Reply to the Answer. In each of these, he could supply evidence or allegations of the existence of evidence. Legally, at this point, his silence is meaningless. As I point out in another post today, the survival of Rossi v. Darden may depend on details of his Reply and Answer. It is not, then, surprising, that he would take the full allowed time and that he would toll that time by filing motions to strike or to dismiss. Jed, remember that Planet Rossi tossed all kinds of mud at IH for taking their time! Their original Motion to Dismiss was almost totally silent on what seemed to be the Big Issue: Did It Work or Not?

IH Fanboy wrote:

There is no chimney. There is only a vent with a broken fan, which could not possibly remove more than a small fraction of 1 MW.

Jed, be careful about definitive statements with possible exceptions that you do not note. It can make you look bad. There is that apparent flue. It seems inadequate, still, and very much in the wrong place. The position that there is a problem with heat dissipation is quite strong. I find that Rossi initially claimed "endothermic process" to be diagnostic.

This is what has become crystal clear though accumulated evidence, both within Rossi v. Darden and independently of it. Rossi's statements cannot be trusted. In some ways, it strongly appears that he is dysfunctional, paranoid, possibly delusional and possibly a deliberate fraud. It seems unlikely to me that Rossi will be able to recover from this, so extensive is the evidence, regardless of the outcome of Rossi v. Darden, unless somehow the whole case blows up and exposes Industrial Heat as crooks and frauds attempting to deceive the whole world by trashing this marvelous technology, and the evidence IH has been presenting is fake. Rossi didn't actually send those emails, they invented them. Etc.

I don't think so.

• Abd- I don't think so.

Yes, I find it ludicrous to think that IH was formed just to shut down LENR
    and that they paid 1M then 10 M because they wanted to bury LENR.
    Or that Rossi did prove his technology to them and transferred working IP knowledge but IH is just sitting on it since 2013 without trying to commercialize, manufacture, and corner a trillion dollar industry.

It is clear that IH was incorporated and spent money to make LENR work at a reasonable commercial level
    and that Rossi never transferred commercially workable IP to IH so that they could commercialize it.

I hope that IH is not destroyed by these suits and that the continue to support research in the field.

I just do not understand the views of "Planet Rossi".

• Yes, I find it ludicrous to think that IH was formed just to shut down LENR
    and that they paid 1M then 10 M because they wanted to bury LENR.

Yes. No one needs to shut down or bury LENR. It is dying on its own, as the researchers grow old and die. A nefarious organization opposed to cold fusion would not spend $10 million to kill it off. It would not need to spend anything, or do anything.

• It is ironic that IH and Rossi are wasting all this time and money fighting over what will turn out to be a highly regulated industry. Who in their right mind is fighting to aquire the IP of nuclear reactor technology that will be controlled by the government? Any invention that burns lithium like a fusion reaction is useless to make any big money. The utility industry is highly regulated and price controlled.

• @IH Fanboy,
    Yes, there are. Just like on every other unit in the complex. Same size, except when some air conditioning was added to one of the units.
    Considering standard construction usually supplies only what is needed, with some extra wiggle room, these standard vents are probably adequate for normal warehouse conditions.
    They are not likely to be suitable for many multiples of normal air movement.

• Agreed. And the new generation of LENR+ researchers will save it.

LENR+ does not exist. It is a figment of Peter Gluck's imagination. LENR with Ni-H is just as difficult, problematic and low powered as LENR with Pd-D. It may not even exist. Pd-D has definitely produced high temperatures, and power density equivalent to a fission reactor pellet, whereas there is no proof the Ni-H has ever done anything like that. Rossi does not count. His present claims are fraud, and his previous ones are far from proven.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.