Rossi: Litigation to Last ‘at Least One Year’

• I have never been paid any money or any other form of compensation by Rossi or any business or person affiliated with Rossi. Your turn, but with respect to IH.

I have no idea who you are. You are anonymous. You call yourself "Fanboy" so you are not actually committing yourself to telling the truth, and your testimony is meaningless. You could sign on with a dozen other fake names testifying that Fanboy does or does not receive money from Rossi. That would be equally meaningless.

It is not "my turn" now, or ever. This is a personal matter, not a technical issue. If I wish to keep it confidential, I will, and you -- Mr. Anonymous Hide-behind-a-comic-strip-name -- you of all people have no business criticizing me.

Everyone knows who I am. My mailing address and phone number are on my web site, and I am listed in the Atlanta telephone book.

If you do not see the irony of an anonymous person calling me out you lack a sense of humor.

• There are at least 5 other very wealthy Americans putting money into LENR research, Bill Gates and Carl Page being among the best known.

So I have heard, but I do not know if it is true. I know some wealthy people who have been putting money into cold fusion for 20 years or more. Unfortunately, in my opinion they are not putting in enough, and not to the right people. I am thankful to them but they are ineffective.

For that matter, I myself have given the researchers enough money to buy a house, but alas, we do not have good results to show for it. If I won the lottery and could invest $20 million that would probably be enough, but I do not have that kind of money.

I think only I.H. may have enough money to be effective. Of course, you can waste any amount of money, as shown by the Star Wars missile defense program and plasma fusion research.

• That's hilarious you say people genuinely concerned with the Rossi affair in that's another case of tech suppression, are paid by Rossi to spread FUD, when you yourself have been a FUD machine producing endless bingos of "gadget doesn't work" and others "1mw heat would cook people"
    Now, nobody understands why you, who are a LENR archivist, would play the role of a bouncer and viciously, endlessly attack LENR ventures that are not to your liking. Or, much rather, to people having power over you (why? how? that's your own karma) ?

But at least, you're a real person, unlike Turing test-able sophisticated bots using photographs and civil names to pass off as real people. However I hope you get software to make the bulk of your posts, they're so repetitive it can't be good for you should they be produced manually.

• "1mw heat would cook people"

That is obviously true, and no one on Planet Rossi has shown any reason to doubt it. Given the lack of ventilation the warehouse would be as hot as an oven. You can deny that all you like, but you are still wrong. Facts are facts, and your bullshit & ignorant denial does not make them any less true.

• Fact: you've been repeating ad nauseam the same catchphrases for months

Fact: they're not backed by anything since neither ERV nor complete schematics of the installation (and how/where the heat went) are available

Fact: you are stubbornly pushing forward fact-deprived statements and that makes you a FUD machine. Paid or not? who cares, the toxicity of your daily interactions in what should be LENR-friendly communities is blatant. But you're not the only one in this, as LENR is a very touchy subject for a number of lobbies who'd rather see it never evolve beyond Internet squabbles.

Fact: it's really sad and disturbing to see an archivist of all things LENR commit so violently to being an obstacle in the road of human progress, but maybe you've been a partial and agenda-driven bouncer all along, who knows?

OK You made your point. Beyond here lies troll-territory. Alan.

• Quote from IHFB

Rossi haters just want Rossi to settle. It is telling.

I don't think that is true. Maybe I'm not a Rossi-hater. But I do have a strong dislike of his style, which appears from the outside incorrigibly mendacious. He presents himself as a scientist, while acting in a very unscientific way. I personally happen to detest that. Others would maybe forgive this - it is just my opinion.

But that opinion makes me hope that Rossi will not settle in some fudge, but instead battle it out to the end and get his due come-uppance.

Quote from Keieue

Fact: they're not backed by anything since neither ERV nor complete schematics of the installation (and how/where the heat went) are available

Jed's comments on heat are highly probable. Rossi has been driven to say very implausible things to weasel out of the heat problem (endothermic reactions). There are a whole set of indications that all was not as stated by Rossi for that test. I agree he draws conclusions with certainty that is not quite available to someone external. Unusually powerful high power fans can drive that much heat through a small chimney (probably). We do not other than hearsay know how careful were the IH infra-red surveys, etc. So it looks to me like there is wiggle-room of a very implausible sort.

Still, Jed's more certain remarks may well be backed by something - information he has and we do not. You don't therefore have to believe him but unless you can analyse all the tech stuff for yourself (I've not noted you do this) you are in the difficult position of having to trust others. Jed, in spite of his slight rush to judgement, is more trustable IMHO than many of the players here.

• You are thinking small. IH, to my knowledge and expectation, is working with others toward common goals. I am not sensing hostility and "competitiveness" as dominating their behavior. Gates made a donation that is pocket change for him. I'm confident that if more money is needed, and if that donation has shown results, more will be available. IH raised $50 million from Woodford. I'm sure there is more, much more, available if needed.

If Rossi had come through with the technology, IH would have raised the $89 million payment -- and the larger sum needed for commercial development -- without breaking a sweat. This is what these people are expert at!

No, at this point the question is precisely what research should be supported. I have no opinion that all of IH's choices are the best, but I've heard of nothing that was not at least reasonable. They are learning, like everyone else.

There are obvious research avenues deserving pursuit. At this point, I assign priority to nailing down what we already know (i.e., what seems to have been confirmed). This is relatively inexpensive, compared to open-ended projects. There are projects to "explore the parameter space," it has been called. SRI did some of this in the early 1990s, but much more is now known. This is patient, plodding work, most of it quite boring. Experiments must be done over and over, with single variables. All results are valuable, not just the "exciting" ones.

• Gates, on the other hand, gave money to Texas Tech, this is obvious from a thread here . . .

It does not seem so obvious to me. Whoever it is, I am grateful. Money is money so in that sense it does not matter who gave it. On the other hand, if it becomes generally known that the money comes from Gates, that would have great PR value for the field.

• It does not seem so obvious to me. Whoever it is, I am grateful. Money is money so in that sense it does not matter who gave it. On the other hand, if it becomes generally known that the money comes from Gates, that would have great PR value for the field.

It's true philanthropic money, not bound to personal profit, as recently somebody else distorted...

• Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
    Gates, on the other hand, gave money to Texas Tech, this is obvious from a thread here . . .

It does not seem so obvious to me. Whoever it is, I am grateful. Money is money so in that sense it does not matter who gave it. On the other hand, if it becomes generally known that the money comes from Gates, that would have great PR value for the field.

https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/index.php/Thread/3749-Robert-V-Duncan-at-TTU-5Mn-for-hydride-research-in-Seashore-research-LLC/?postID=36360&highlight=Bill%2BGates#post36360

It's obvious, Jed. When I first looked at that signature, I saw a resemblance to another well-known signature (two loops in the right place!). But when I recognized the line at the top of the III, I completely dropped that. There are multiple points of resemblance, the possibility of misidentification here is low, and the harm of it also small. Basically, someone at Texas Tech screwed up on anonymizing the signature. It was not caught, apparently, and Bill Gates did not object, or it would have been fixed. Once the cat is out of the bag like this, it cannot be stuffed back in, so I choose to use the fact in a way that causes no harm. Bill Gates is not going to suffer loss of reputation or any other harm from this. He is funding basic research, the kind that was recommended by both U.S. DoE reviews, this is fully defensible, not that I expect anyone to attempt to insult him over it.

Bill Gates has supported LENR with a major donation in what we might all agree is a great place, likely to produce results that just might clear the rejection logjam. The multiplier effect could be enormous. Be Happy!!!

There are skeptics who agree that this work is valuable. After all, if cold fusion is pathological science, increasing precision will cause the effect to disappear, right?

If some mistake has been made about the signature, nobody will die. Just for a little, at least, let yourself be happy that the world is changing, and that, in fact, cold fusion prevailed. For over twenty effing years, you have pushed and hoped for this, and it's happening! For the first time, it has become reasonable, with specific reasons, to think this will succeed. I'm looking forward to seeing you in North Carolina in 2018, if not before. Hey, in 2017, if Rossi v. Darden goes to trial, and if I can get the funding, I might go.

• THHuxley wrote:

I definitely hope that IH does not settle with Rossi on this.

I have made two general statements about this. One is that settlement is possible, though I don't know on what terms. Settlement is more possible, in my opinion, with the 3rd party defendants, but it's a complex issue. This should not be taken as an advocacy of settlement, but, in general, taking a lawsuit to trial can be very expensive and I don't want to see the parties waste their resources uselessly. In the end, it is entirely up to them. Nobody can force anyone to settle. Mediation is ordered, but that is a confidential process and cannot create any coercion to settle. The mediator is not going to tell the judge that one party or the other is intransigent or anything that might prejudice their freedom to choose.

The other is that it is quite possible that Rossi v. Darden, the primary lawsuit, will never go to trial, that it will be dismissed prior to trial due to some obvious defects. This is a relatively simple judgment based on what appears at this time as the preponderance of the evidence. This could shift if Rossi provides certain evidence or at least alleges it. The possibility of Summary Judgment still exists if discovery does not back up the claims that might keep the lawsuit alive. While many may be disappointed to see this dismissed (on both "sides"!) the courts do not exist to please the crowds, but to enforce contracts and equity, and I do find it offensive if we expect others to spend large sums for legal fees so that we can get our spectacle. If we want to know if the Rossi Effect is real, perhaps we should get together and buy a license ourselves. Personally, at this point, given the evidence, I'm satisfied that the probability of this being a sound investment is low, but for very good reasons, we are free to make our own choices where we put our assets.

• It's obvious, Jed. When I first looked at that signature, I saw a resemblance to another well-known signature (two loops in the right place!). But when I recognized the line at the top of the III, I completely dropped that.

It does look like it. Not many people sign their names with a Roman numeral 3. I wish he would make this public. As I said, it would be great PR for the field.

Fun fact (supposedly): at Harvard, Gates was known as "Trey" which is cardshark lingo for "three" (ace, deuce, trey) because he mostly played poker.

• Fun fact: I saw Gates and Buffett together some years ago. In Palm Springs, at a bridge tournament. I don't play bridge, I was there with a friend who does and she was very excited about them participating. Apparently, they are good players. Must've been security a plenty around but they were not obvious.

• So what is your "truth" about your assumed timeline?
    Why do you accuse me that I "contradict the timing" and what support do you offer for this alleged contradiction?

You can now see the timing of Woodford's visit in this recently revealed legal filing:
    https://drive.google.com/drive…Ktdce19-wyb1RxOTF6c2NtZkk

So we know that Woodford visited the plant as early as Feb. 9, 2015, near the beginning of the one-year 1MW test. The investment by Woodford in IH came considerably later, Sept. 2015.

http://fortune.com/2015/09/27/…-energy-nuclear-reaction/

Woodford also stated that they performed 2.5 years of due-diligence.

• exactly, they visited Rossi early but did not invest to much later after they had visited many other groups.
    Evidently the work by Rossi was not good enough in Feb and the few months later to warrant their investment
    until they check other's works.

You cannot conclude that Woodford invested because of Rossi and not because of others.

We know that IH had invested in other before they invested in Rossi.

• So we know that Woodford visited the plant as early as Feb. 9, 2015, near the beginning of the one-year 1MW test. The investment by Woodford in IH came considerably later, Sept. 2015.

fortune.com/2015/09/27/ceo-che…-energy-nuclear-reaction/

I suggest that IHFB review that Fortune article and see how he jumped to a conclusion. "Recently" is vague.

This document covers the issuance of $50 million in Series A shares in IH Holdings International, Ltd. The URL is enormous, so go to https://beta.companieshouse.go…y/09553031/filing-history

and look at "Statement of capital following an allotment of shares on 13 May 2015." That would be the date of the investment. The document filed May 24, 2016 shows a full list of shareholders and you can see who owns the Series A shares. It's not explicit, the owners are two accounts at a "custodian company." But this is an exact amount, in total, within pennies of $50 million US.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.