Rossi: Litigation to Last ‘at Least One Year’

• Fanboy- No deal. That question serves no purpose but to increase hostility and deflect your problems from your assertion that my timing is incorrect.
    'I have given you timing that appeared in public documents after your claim of incorrect "timing"
    You have still not answered my question about what timing you are referring to?

It makes no difference if I havem or have not, or did work with IH or IH supported groups., The statements I
    made are publically documented.

You may want to ask about the truthfulness of ecat world's ICCF keynote statements of Darden at the ICCF meeting:
    http://www.e-catworld.com/2015…speech-on-lenr-at-iccf19/

or Macy's interview in Infinite Energy:
    http://www.infinite-energy.com…/pdfs/DardenInterview.pdf

Notice that these are about the time IH received funds from Woodford (May 13
    2015) which was before the first quarterly report coming from Miami.

What timing are you claiming and where do you get that belief? You seem to always try to avoid question to you.
    I would love to see your assumed timeline of events and for whom you are workingr.

The fact remains that IH supported others before Rossi, continues to support others, and that Woodford invested in all of IH's efforts
    and not just for Rossi. Rossi's claims of Woodford only investing because of him are bogus. It is though he thinks
    that IH only has his work and efforts under their umbrella. Do you deny that? If so, why?

You might want to ask Woodford directly.... or those that invested in it .... like Angelina Jolie and Pitt (via "Briarcliff Trust")
    and ask what they were told.

What are your motives?

• oldguy wrote:

Answer my question about your possible conflict of interest, and then I'll answer your question.

This interchange demonstrates why I have personally blocked IHFB, such that I don't normally see IHFB contributions unless I specifically look. The question was a reasonable attempt to understand what IHFB had raised, and which IHFB had not clarified. It was not hostile or harassing. The response is highly offensive; oldguy already disclosed a possible condition that we could interpret as creating a conflict of interest, though there are other possible interpretations. If it matters, I would assume COI.

However, the idea that some relationship with formal research in the field somehow disqualifies participants from stating opinions and providing some insight is one that simply will exclude anyone with direct information, reducing the conversation to the ignorant arguing with the ignorant. Anonymity is allowed precisely to allow such commentary. I always factor for anonymity as carrying less weight than accurately attributed content. Further, whenever anyone claims inside information, that is unverifiable, I note that. It reduces the clear probative value of such information. But we do not want to suppress it or drive it away, and demands like that of IHFB can have that effect.

Who the hell is Randombit0? Looks like Rossi to me. Can you spell "C.O.I."?

Should we demand that Randombit0 disclose real identity or COI with regard to Rossi? Actually, he has already acknowledged something almost completely equivalent. And so what? I have not blocked randombit0 because, frankly, what Rossi and his "team" are up to is of interest. But IHFB rarely contributes anything of value, just provocative fluff -- otherwise called "trolling" -- like this.

• I am restricted on what I can say here, and yes I post anonymously to avoid complications if I stray from the straight path. I do not expect people to just take what I say as truth anymore than they should anyone else here. However, notice I gave documented support of my statements.

Everyone should question and verify on their own.
    Mostly I just request for clarifications.

I await patiently for Penon's certification and declaration of the ERV report with protocols and the documentation of GPT acceptance.
    This thread is about taking 1 year, but I think it will be over by the first of 2017 as the lack of data and documentation takes its toll.

• @oldguy

I see you have strong feelings and an agenda behind your presence here. You ask me my motives? To get to the bottom of this affair, period. I encourage you to read my post history. You will get a very good understanding of who I am and what my motives are. Unlike Abd and Jed, I serve no masters in this affair. I simply want to know the truth.

I await patiently for Penon's certification and declaration of the ERV report with protocols and the documentation of GPT acceptance.
    This thread is about taking 1 year, but I think it will be over by the first of 2017 as the lack of data and documentation takes its toll.

I agree with you that this drama will not last much past the New Year*. For two reasons:

1) It appears that the little evidence we have seen is quite heavy to IH's favor. IH / Darden have a history that indicates professional and successful business acumen.

They have a top notch legal team. Rossi on the other hand, has a questionable history in many ways. He has not been able to maintain a business relationship with any company or even individual except Penon, Fabiani and Johnson. (That has been known.) Over the years several different companies and individuals have been introduced by Rossi, but then these relationships disappear, never to be mentioned or heard from. So banking on past history and what little evidence we see, Rossi will not go far with this lawsuit. I believe the chances that the judge may toss it are reasonably high. (Just my uneducated opinion in legal matters! :rolleyes: )

Rossi may decide himself it is best to try to settle and keep as much of the $11 million he can. But who knows?

2) If Rossi's attorney's are legitimate, I think they might see that this case is a lost venture. They possibly will tell him he needs to settle or drop the case. Will he listen if they do? If we see a complete new legal team, it would be reasonable to assume the first team bailed due to finding out the real story.

So in my mind, Rossi will try to end this within months. * The real question is will IH leave it lay or pursue the counter suit? If they do, then the lawsuit could continue for a long time, but the story will have been settled, in my mind at least!

• Unlike Abd and Jed, I serve no masters in this affair.

How does anyone know that I do serve a master, and you do not? These assertions cannot be verified or falsified.

What master do you think I serve, and what evidence for this do you cite? Can you prove, for example, that you or Peter Gluck are not being paid by Rossi. He has $10 million, after all. He can buy a lot of FUD from you.

You are making a dead-end argument, and an accusation that no one can effectively deny or disprove.

For that matter, even if I were being paid by I.H., my statements should stand on their own merit. If you don't believe me, you should ask Rossi for information. Oh, I forgot, he never tell you anything, does he?

• Fanboy: I know Jed.... at a distance from his work, lenr-canr-org, meetings, papers.
    I know certainly that he has no master but himself.
    He is very independent, hard headed, takes no lip from anyone, he seeks to get and post
    information, and often annoying (aren't we all)
    I seriously doubt anyone could pay him to say things just for pay.
    I have seen him go from tentative acceptance to total disbelief in Rossi's work.
    I often do not agree with him or his style but I do respect his views.

But everyone has a bias.

In your case, I only see potshots and no useful or constructive information given.

Again I wait for your alleged timing of events that would contradict my timing. If you are truly after the truth then perhaps we can work out a correct timeline that fits all the facts.

• \

Hey Mary (slurp), now we're talking! Let's not forget Defkalion here. That's the safe word, remember? Big thumbs up again though the eWig canna take any more drenching!

• So in my mind, Rossi will try to end this within months. * The real question is will IH leave it lay or pursue the counter suit? If they do, then the lawsuit could continue for a long time, but the story will have been settled, in my mind at least!

Rossi haters just want Rossi to settle. It is telling.

• For that matter, even if I were being paid by I.H., my statements should stand on their own merit.

Are you referring to your statement where you said it was none of my damn business whether IH has ever paid you in money or other compensation? Why not just answer the question? If you answer it, I will agree, that your statement will stand on its own merit. Because as I've stated before, I believe that you are fundamentally trying to be honest in your statements. You are often inconsistent, but I mark that up as sloppiness or nuances of language.

• Are you referring to your statement where you said it was none of my damn business whether IH has ever paid you in money or other compensation? Why not just answer the question? If you answer it, I will agree, that your statement will stand on its own merit.

Since is it none of your damn business, I do not care whether you believe this particular statement stands on its own merit or not. I was referring to my technical assertions about Exhibit 5, for example.

What other personal matters do you wish to ask me about? My sex life? I am not Donald Trump, so I will not enlighten you on that matter. You seem to have some difficulty understanding the concept of privacy.

It is odd that someone who calls himself "Fanboy" demands personal information from me. I suppose that is not your actual legal name. You are hiding behind a cartoon-like pseudonym and demanding that I tell you things that are none of your business. Do you seriously expect me to tell you anything?

Regarding my assertions about Exhibit 5, what evidence to the contrary do you have? Penon refused to answer those questions before the lawsuit was filed. Rossi refuses to address them now. Do you have any reason to doubt that document describes the truth? Have you heard anything from Rossi to the contrary? No, of course not, because he never tells anyone anything. You have photographic proof that 1 MW would kill the observers in the warehouse. Why should you doubt anything I say? On what basis? There is none. Rossi has never made his case, and he never will. His data makes him look worse than anything I have said, or anything I could say, so he will not reveal it if he can avoid doing that.

• You are hiding behind a cartoon-like pseudonym and demanding that I tell you things that are none of your business.

I think it is important to clear the air. Some people are using this forum to drive an agenda for IH. We know that IH has been handing out consolation prizes to some people involved in traditional non-commercially viable LENR. This has been admitted by IH surrogates. Nowhere near the investments made in Rossi/Leonardo, at least according to some, but some significant cash nonetheless. This creates conflicts of interest. If you are going to drive with hard opinions on the Rossi/IH conflict, and spread your reasoning widely, then I think it would be good to clear the air and let people know if IH has ever compensated you. Of course, you don't have to, but don't try to equate my inquiry to randomly asking a person off the street what their income is.

• Official Post

For the most part I agree with OG, but it does get tiresome when insiders play their LENR Card: "I know something you don't, but if I could tell you, you would agree with me". Everyone, except moi, and the other Rossi hanger-ons )not me) have an LENR Card to play it seems.

If LENR dies, I am sure on it's death bed it will claim it has a secret it can not reveal, and take that secret to the grave. Please guys, enough of the secrets. If you are not in a position to show some proof of what you say, please keep it to yourself. Seriously.

• I think it is important to clear the air. Some people are using this forum to drive an agenda for IH.

Not me. I am not driving an agenda for IH because I do not know what their agenda is, except in broad terms described in the interview in Infinite Energy.

Many people, including you, are driving an agenda for Rossi. He has bamboozled you. He is a fraud. His results are preposterous, as described in Exhibit 5. I suppose you are driving his agenda because:

1. You are a fool.
    2. You are victim of wishful thinking.

OR

3. He is paying you to spread FUD.

You have seen photographic proof that he is lying and that his test could not have produced 1 MW, so I suspect #3. In any case, what you are doing is far worse than anything IH has done, or any agent of IH driving their agenda. Whatever their agenda is, we should all support it. They are the last, best hope for cold fusion. Rossi is the worst enemy of cold fusion.

• Official Post

They (IH) are the last, best hope for cold fusion.

I think you are rather over-egging that particular pudding, Jed. There are at least 5 other very wealthy Americans putting money into LENR research, Bill Gates and Carl Page being among the best known. I am sure that Europe has its own seriously interested parties, too, but I don't currently have them in my little black book. :(

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.