Rossi: QuarkX Commercialization Depends of 5 Sigma

• Rossi addresses sigma 5 in terms of redundancy of equipment, so the terms that Rossi has in mind is equipment reliability.

• I know that Rossi replied to a comment about redundancy without denying it was related to 5 sigma.

However:

1) Why would Rossi use a typical scientific benchmark (5 sigma) rather than a typical manufacturing benchmark (6 sigma)

2) Rossi has barely started manufacturing his QuarkX. He probably doesn't have his robot factory. Why would he focus on some 5-sigma production when he doesn't have a production line.

I still think that 5 Sigma here is meant to be based on the scientific benchmark for discovery. Rossi is trying to show that his results are not occurring by chance alone:

"The tradition in particle physics is that the threshold to report “evidence of a particle,” is p<0.003 (three sigma), and the standard to report a “discovery” is p<0.0000003 (five sigma)."

(http://www.graphpad.com/www/da…-the-five-sigma-standard/)

He probably doesn't have his robot factory.

Why not? He's been claiming that he has one going on four years. It's a magnificence, remember?

• An example of quality as applied to a LENR reactor.

Rossi has said that his QuarkX has a lifetime of 20 years. If a batch of 100 units were tested and one of the 100 only lasted 10 years then the total years of service for that batch would be calculated to be (100 units) (20 years) = 2000 years of maximum service. The sigma is calculated as 99 units met requirements and 1 unit met .5 or 1/2 of the required uptime.

https://www.isixsigma.com/process-sigma-calculator/

Opportunities is 2000

defects is .5

For results, process sigma is 4.98. Defects is .03

• An example of quality as applied to a LENR reactor.

Rossi has said that his QuarkX has a lifetime of 20 years. <i>I</i>f a batch of 100 units were tested and one of the 100 only lasted 10 years then the total years of service for that batch would be calculated…

And we thought a one year test was a long time to wait.

• Does anybody still believe this stupid rubbish. That was nothing more then a cry for attention, of this ADS suffering Rossi.

• If IH had paid Rossi for the year long test (or whatever it actually was), I think he would have had no choice legally except to share the Quark IP with them. He is using their non-payment (which may or may not have been appropriate) as a justification for witholding the IP from them. This probably infuriates them ...

The Agreement provided for no change in licensing rights for nonpayment, once the $10 million was paid. If due, the $89 million was a debt. Rossi might certainly withhold further cooperation until paid or until there was a legal adjudication, but he had no right to cancel the License and simultaneously demand payment. This is practically open and shut, not vague.

There is no "prayer" in the Rossi v. Darden Complaint for cancellation of the License, not even as an alternative.

So would Industrial Heat be "infuriated." If they actually have verified the technology -- which more or less requires considering that they have been lying, including lying to the Court -- sure. Liars often get upset.

What is far more likely is that they really don't care at this point because they don't believe a thing Rossi says. If Rossi hits the market with the QuarkX, they might go after it, but short of that, and short of true independent verification, they wouldn't waste their time. As part of Rossi v. Darden, they are claiming violation of the terms of the Agreement, but that is simply routine at this point.

• Official Post

Does anybody still believe this stupid rubbish. That was nothing more then a cry for attention, of this ADS suffering Rossi.

To show how ridiculous this has become...even I am starting to lose interest. And I have been addicted for 5 years now! Even acquired a Rossiology degree along the way. :) Only thing left I find interesting is Rossi the man keeping on the offensive, when to almost all it appears he has nothing. Or at least nothing near what he claimed. I mean what makes this guy tick?

I am hoping he actually answers IH's charges against (as probably does the judge) with some proof of his own, instead of this volley of "prove me wrongs", just to light some fire in my belly again. Yes, we still have BE, BLP, GEC to spark the imagination, but waiting for them to finally show something is like watching paint dry.

• ... I had a dream, where an entire city powers all its street lights with hotcats....
    ROFL.

....can It also produce thrust ?
    AR: Yes.

...can It make usage of dark energy ?

...can it convert time into money (remember ORBO-OCUBE?) ?

...can It proove, that the landing on the moon was a fake ( remember "The Coneheads", where they listen to the radio and start laughing, after the spokesman in the radio said something about the landing on the moon) ?

...can it be used to power the emdrive?

...can it be used to power the Dave Pares spaceship with space-wrapping-techniques ?
    AR: Yes, but only after F9.

...can it be used to build hamburger replicators or beer replicators ?
    AR: No.

...then, why the hell, do we need that piece of rubbish ???

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.