Industrial Heat's James A. Bass: President of Reactance Engineering Inc and Engineer for JM Products

• Official Post

The posts were deleted because of off topic content. Including some (asking for better behaviour) posts of my own, and some by other members including some which were insulting to the principal complainant, Abd. (about the deletions) Can't win them all. He is temporarily suspended for insulting comments. He may not be back.

ETA. I see Abd's comments about hacking above. Offensive in itself if untrue which it is. Let me assure all members that posts are never edited in any way by me or other mods without the edit being noted by the mod clearly on the post in question.

Incidentally I have majority management/admin support for my action.

• @Abd

You will be missed if you leave; and I can understand it is hurtful when posts are removed.

Alan has a difficult job. He does not do it as I would, draws lines in different places, etc. But no line drawn will be liked by everyone and he is doing this job, I don't think he is distorting the topic by doing it: in this case the deletions were because off topic. Therefore I think we should all support him, regardless of whether we agree with details of what he does.

• The posts were deleted because of off topic content.

Why is that a problem? Who cares? Don't read off topic messages if you don't feel like it. If the messages were disruptive, personal attacks, or lies, or extreme technical stupidity I can understand why you might wish to delete them, but just being off-topic is no reason to delete them. Besides, can't you just re-assign them to another thread?

Incidentally I have majority management/admin support for my action.

Okay, they are pretty dumb too. This is a misguided policy. I will not leave in a huff, but I am not going to put effort into writing messages when you delete them for no good reason.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.