Validation of Randell Mills GUTCP - a call for action

• Official Post

Here is a good summation of the BrLP situation. For brevity sake, I edited out the part where he talks about world climate, but you can go to link to read it:

The Great Transition: Update on Brilliant Light Power

FEBRUARY 19, 2018 3:42 PM0 COMMENTS

By Tom Whipple

It has been nearly 18 months since Randall Mills and his organization at Brilliant Light Power have released a comprehensive progress report on their efforts to develop a completely new source of energy. When last heard from in the fall of 2016, Brilliant Light Power (BLP) had just developed a new design for its SunCell technology that overcame several key obstacles to building a commercial product. At the time, however, the new design was only working in a laboratory environment and required constant attention to maintain the energy-producing reaction. The goal at the time, which Mills hoped to achieve during 2017, was to add computer controls to the SunCell and increase reliability to the point where working prototypes could be sent out for external testing and evaluation.

As 2017 went on, however, the lack of any announcement suggested that BLP was having trouble turning the laboratory version of the device into an automated prototype. During the year, BLP announced that it was trying to simplify the photovoltaic module that converted high energy light into electricity and said that they had contracted for the design of a heat-producing SunCell that would only heat fluids thereby bypassing the numerous problems of using photovoltaics to produce electricity.

The newly-released update confirms that the contractor working on automating the SunCell ran into problems in its efforts to melt the silver used as electrodes. As yet, an automated version of the SunCell does not seem to be a working proposition, although the report expresses the hope this will happen soon. To speed development, BLP says they are going to substitute gallium, which has a lower melting point than silver, in hopes this will sidestep the silver melting problem.

The most interesting and potentially important news in the new update is that in addition to continuing work on the current photovoltaic and radiative boiler designs, BLP has begun development of a more advanced design. This model is intended to generate arbitrarily large amounts of energy with much less complexity than the current design. Mills hopes that the new design will enable more rapid commercialization of the SunCell technology.

The reactor chamber of the new advanced SunCell is to be made of ceramic material rather than carbon and, in theory, has many advantages over the existing designs. The most important of these may turn out to be that the advanced SunCell is being designed to support the use of magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) technology to convert the energy produced by the hydrogen to hydrino reaction to electricity.

The incorporation of MHD technology would send the SunCell program into a new direction as it could result in the development of devices capable of much larger amounts of electricity than would be possible using photovoltaics to convert the photon energy into electricity. While this technology has been around for decades and is fairly well understood, for economic reasons it has only been used in very limited applications in the electric power industry. The advanced ceramic SunCell linked to a magnetohydrodynamic energy conversion device could produce much larger amounts of electricity than currently envisioned. In the long run, such a technology, which has no moving parts, could be the key to faster elimination of electricity produced by fossil fuels. How long it might take to develop such a revolutionary technology for use on a commercial scale remains to be seen.

It is interesting to note that the new progress report gives no specific timetables as to when key milestones might be achieved. In recent years Mills has been announcing goals and rough estimates as to when these goals might be reached. The new report only talks in very general terms about what the company hopes to accomplish in 2018. Going back many years, Mills has been subjected to much criticism for over-optimism as to when he would have a commercially-useful device. For now, all we can say is that development seems to be moving along several different tracks, any one of which should produce a device that can convince the world that Mills has valid technology that could replace fossil fuels and even other sources of energy.

https://fcnp.com/2018/02/19/gr…te-brilliant-light-power/

• He gets his bills paid by his investors since decades isn't it? Was there ever some useful product coming out of Mills company?

• Official Post

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Video demonstrating the magnetic properties of a hydrino hydrogen compound wherein the only possible source of magnetism is hydrogen being in a hydrino electronic state."

This is the latest video from 2 days ago (Mar 12). That is BrLP's caption.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Video demonstrating the magnetic properties of a hydrino hydrogen compound wherein the only possible source of magnetism is hydrogen being in a hydrino electronic state."

This is the latest video from 2 days ago (Mar 12). That is BrLP's caption.

That smoke can also be metal nano particles produced by the arc discharge.

• The latest report by Joseph Renick comparing the blast from Ag-H2O with the blast from dynamite is dated March 20, 2018, so it seems to be a new report. There was one from 2 years ago with a spot welder blasting Ag+???? also.

In any case, it is hard to figure out what exactly is being verified. In the later report, there is no mention of the y-axis scale for the welder voltage and current, so it is hard to tell how much energy is input. The older report does not give the time scale but says the input energy after some corrections was about 273 Joules, and the output was some 2000 Joules per gram. OK....but with a blast of 22000 amperes, then a sudden open circuit as the whole thing explodes, it is not going to be easy to measure the input energy very accurately. And even if is is accurate, 2000 joules per gram is not very much....about 4% of what one would get from gasoline (48000 Joules/gram). Why does this require hydrinos as an explanation? One is blasting a tiny pellet with 75 mg of "fuel" with a spot welder capable of blasting 22000 A at up to 15 volts (that is up to 330000 Joules/sec) and the whole thing is taking 100's of msec to explode, it seems like any energy output from the "fuel" could be quite small by comparison. I can't figure out how the conclusions stem from the data at all.

There was an earlier verification report mentioned here, by a Professor Gilbert Crouse. Similar pattern. There, there was a heat release of 260 Joules/gram, using Copper Bromide and Copper Hydroxide, and then a statement that it must be hydrinos. Crouse did include a statement that the heat output was 2 orders of magnitude less than that predicted by the hydrino theory. Well, it seems like the conclusory statements about hydrinos are...well...hard for me to figure out where they come from.

Anyhow...someone else mentioned here...probably more than one person....that when you actually read them, the validations are underwhelming. After reading a few, I add my concurrence. I have not read them all, but merely having lots of validation reports does not strengthen the case that there are hydrinos. There would have to be at least one of those reports that really proved something!

Anyhow, I do not mean any disrespect for Dr. Mills...just wondering if among the large number of validation reports, there is even one that really validates the existence of significant energy output or the existence of hydrinos.

• Another point about validation of the GUT-CP theory...I have actually had some time to start reading it, and, well, I am beginning to see why it has not had much impact on the wider community of physicists.

One possible conclusion is that I (along with many others who have learned quantum mechanics) am not very intelligent, and just do not understand Mills.

Or perhaps Mills never really understood quantum mechanics? Now, no disrespect intended. It is not an easy subject to grasp without a few years of background courses in mathematics and classical physics. I have always been pretty gifted in mathematics, but for me at least, it took many, many hours of study and doing problem sets, pulling all-nighters (ie studying all night) to be able to acquire the background. I think all my classmates went through the same experience. Med students do the same with their subjects of course, but not with math and physics. So, Mills would really have to be a genius to be self-taught in these things. But if he is really the greatest genius since Isaac Newton, why is it that he does not work together with the scientific community? Isaac Newton, for all his genius, was able to communicate his ideas so that people understood their value. So was James Clerk Maxwell. So was Einstein. Etc.

To be specific regarding GUT-CP, let me mention just two points.

One concerns the Schrodinger equation and the hydrogen atom solutions. Mills claims that the solutions "had to be parameterized to match the Rydberg lines". But if I am not totally confused, that is not true at all. On the contrary, that is the strong point of the Schrodinger equation, the reason it gained such immediate and wide recognition, The value of Rydberg constant, (which relates to the frequencies of the various series of spectral lines that were known), falls out as a natural consequence of solving the Schrodinger equation. From the Schrodinger equation solutions, one sees how the Rydberg constant is derived from the electron charge, the reduced mass of the electron/proton combination, Planks's constant, and the speed of light...constants which had already been measured. It was really a very striking accomplishment. Not perfect, not the whole story, but it started an extremely fruitful direction of development.

A second point concerns the claim that the uncertainty principle (HUP in Mill's lingo, for Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle?) has been disproved by recent experiments with femto-second lasers, Mills cites work by Isinger on "Photoionization in the Time and Frequency Domain". I would agree that the development of this sort of technology is one of the striking developments of the new millenium, but the idea that it disproves the Heisenberg uncertainty principle does not seem to be in the minds of those who are active in the field. Again, the opposite seems to be the case. The mere fact that Mills cites a published paper does not really prove his point unless there is something in the paper cited that would support his point, which I could not find in this case.

Anyhow, I will keep on reading...maybe this GUT-CP really is a work of genius and I just have not yet gotten to the good part. So far it reads like a populist harangue against quantum mechanics.

• mgspan, thank you for giving attention to this topic. I look forward to hearing more of your conclusions. Please take a look at the large GUT-CP volumes if you have not already. My tentative conclusion is that they are filler material, works of intentional obfuscation, possibly for the purpose of impressing potential investors and scaring away people with relevant expertise. But I do not have more than a basic familiarity with quantum mechanics and so am limited to reasoning from circumstantial evidence.

The volumes can be found at URLs such as these:

http://brilliantlightpower.com…P-2016-Ed-Volume1-Web.pdf

(Just change the url slightly to get to the other volumes.)

• Agreed on both these points. The paper Mills cites does not say what he thinks it says - but to be fair lots of people get confused about quantum non-locality. Basically, they have a technique that allows much higher spectral resolution than HUP would allow from a high power single burst excitation - where the HEP inequality gives a lower bound on deltaE * deltaT, deltaE relates to the spectral width, and deltaT the time of the burst. With very short deltaT the spectral width is large, so finding a way round this is potentially very useful because it allows high power burst lasers to be used.

A cursory reading of the paper abstract would support Mills's reading. However, if you read the paper (which i did, it is interesting) they say specifically that the way they do this is:

(1) integrate results over multiple bursts

(2) use bursts which are phase coherent (with each other)

It is this phase coherence which means that deltaT in this case can be the sum of the bursts rather than treating each burst individually.

Mill's lack of understanding of this point shows a real lack of physical intuition over how QM works at its most basic level.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.