Validation of Randell Mills GUTCP - a call for action

• Official Post

From the Chinese Journal of Physics:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…abs/pii/S0577907317316088

"Hydrated silver shots comprising a source of H and HOH catalyst were ignited by passing a low voltage, high current through the shot to produce explosive plasma that emitted brilliant light predominantly in the short-wavelength 10 to 300 nm region. Based on Stark broadening, the initially optically thick essentially 100% ionized plasma expanded at sound speed or greater and thinned to emit EUV and UV light. The peak power of 20 MW was measured using absolute spectroscopy over the 22.8–647 nm region wherein the optical emission energy was 250 times the applied energy. Synchronized high-speed video and spectroscopic recording of the plasma emission and the measurement of the applied ignition power over time showed that plasma persisted even after the ignition power decayed to zero. Continuous megawatt-level power was recorded on a hydrino reactor wherein continuous brilliant plasma was maintained by HOH and H produced from water-entrained injected molten silver matrix. The molten fuel produced the same EUV spectrum as the shots, but converted to 5700 K blackbody radiation of about 1 m2 surface area with a positive feedback cycle of silver vaporization and absorption of the hydrino reaction emission with the plasma becoming increasingly optically thick. The calorimetrically measured power of a typical 80 mg, 10 microliter shot ignition released by the nascent HOH catalyzed transition of H to hydrino state H2 (1/4) was 400,000 W. Based on the shockwave propagation velocity and the corresponding pressure, the high-current ignition of water in a silver matrix was measured to produce a shock wave that was equivalent to about 10 times more moles of gunpowder. The catalysis reaction product H2(1/4) was identified by Raman spectroscopy, photoluminescence emission spectroscopy, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, and MAS 1H NMR."

• wherein the optical emission energy was 250 times the applied energy.

This is the paywall version of Mills paper also available on his homepage.

The problem with all his (and also Lipinskis etc..) measurement (factor 250) is the extrapolation of a very small measurement window to the full sphere. He never reports measurements from small angles relative to the plasma stream. The low band (secondary) radiation may be more or less isotropic, but the harder part of the radiation between 10..100nm is certainly not!

• From the Chinese Journal of Physics:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…abs/pii/S0577907317316088

"Hydrated silver shots comprising a source of H and HOH catalyst were ignited by passing a low voltage, high current through the shot to produce explosive plasma that emitted brilliant light predominantly in the short-wavelength 10 to 300 nm region. Based on Stark broadening, the initially optically thick essentially 100% ionized plasma expanded at sound speed or greater and thinned to emit EUV and UV light. The peak power of 20 MW was measured using absolute spectroscopy over the 22.8–647 nm region wherein the optical emission energy was 250 times the applied energy. Synchronized high-speed video and spectroscopic recording of the plasma emission and the measurement of the applied ignition power over time showed that plasma persisted even after the ignition power decayed to zero. Continuous megawatt-level power was recorded on a hydrino reactor wherein continuous brilliant plasma was maintained by HOH and H produced from water-entrained injected molten silver matrix. The molten fuel produced the same EUV spectrum as the shots, but converted to 5700 K blackbody radiation of about 1 m2 surface area with a positive feedback cycle of silver vaporization and absorption of the hydrino reaction emission with the plasma becoming increasingly optically thick. The calorimetrically measured power of a typical 80 mg, 10 microliter shot ignition released by the nascent HOH catalyzed transition of H to hydrino state H2 (1/4) was 400,000 W. Based on the shockwave propagation velocity and the corresponding pressure, the high-current ignition of water in a silver matrix was measured to produce a shock wave that was equivalent to about 10 times more moles of gunpowder. The catalysis reaction product H2(1/4) was identified by Raman spectroscopy, photoluminescence emission spectroscopy, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, and MAS 1H NMR."

Produce a stable spheromak been two electrodes in a mixed atmosphere of hydrogen and noble gases (xenon, argon, etc). To make the spheromak easier to produce and stable, make the whole device small and utilize external magnetic fields (rotating if possible). Somehow, inject nano-metal particles into the spheromak. This likely happens upon ignition from the cathode. The spheromak is literally an extremely powerful atom smasher/grinder/blender that will produce nuclear reactions of various types and emit x-rays which can be converted to heat.

I expect that BLP will come up with such a gaseous based spheromak based system in short order. The whole device will be magnitudes smaller, magnitudes less complicated, and magnitudes cheaper.

• A newBLP paper is available --

I don't have the time to read > 100 pages of old stuff to identify what could be new.

It looks like the end of the Hydrino story is H*(1/4). May be now Mills understands that only H*(1/4)2 could be stable with a higher energy sink. But his explanation that the energy is exactly the double of H*(1/4) is wishful thinking... I believe he sees a magnetic bond of H* with the carrier.

An other thing we should point at: Mills avoids any measurements between 500eV and 5MeV. May be he intentionally tries to cheat his donors and avoids to commit that he, finally does "ordinary" LENR.

This large hole in his research process will possibly cause a lot of troubles for his future developments...

But that's common business: What will count is a working energy generator. Whether it is based on a correct "theory" is secondary ...

What will count is a working energy generator. Whether it is based on a correct "theory" is secondary ...

Exactly. And despite all the razzle dazzle, we seem little or no closer to that goal now than we were thirty or so years ago when Mills first started taking money from investors.

• What does this mean: "with the plasma becoming increasingly optically thick"

The pure XUV vacuum light spectrum produced initially by the SunCell when its first starts up changes over time as the XUV frequencies are absorbed by silver vapor in the plasma and downshifted into the visible light frequencies associated with the silver emission spectrum. This has come from mills himself as an answer to a question that I posed.

• I don't have the time to read > 100 pages of old stuff to identify what could be new.

It looks like the end of the Hydrino story is H*(1/4). May be now Mills understands that only H*(1/4)2 could be stable with a higher energy sink. But his explanation that the energy is exactly the double of H*(1/4) is

I always considered Mill's theory a fascinating diversion from the "Standard Model". I was and I am still hoping it is true. It would explain my poor grades in my advanced Quantum Mechanics courses. I tried to read through this paper, this but was inundated with discussions of devices used. As now an engineer, I appreciated the importance of specifying these, but maybe in an appendix? I did only see reference to the 1/4 hydrino quantum number (if that what you are saying, my hydrino knowledge is scant). If this paper only concludes that there is one lower level/ 1/4 orbital, then what are the implications. Sorry for being an imbecile in these matters.

• I always considered Mill's theory a fascinating diversion from the "Standard Model". I was and I am still hoping it is true.

Mills Hydrino model assumes that the central charge increases inverse with 1/n. This its just a mathematical guess and of course there is no justification for this. A stronger central charge would violate the invariance of total charge and even worse we have half a century experience with electron scattering an nobody reported that the charge increases with the depth of the electron penetration.

Mills second explanation that the locked in photon causes the extra force needed to hold the electron on a stable circular orbit ( as needed by the non radiation condition) has never been explicitly (mathematically) shown.

Nevertheless "hydrino like resonances" exist, but they are most likely of transient nature.

But we don't know everything. Nuclear & particle physics spoiled a century with following an oversimplified model. There is room for hope & surprises.

But we don't know everything.

Of course not, and by a very long shot. But that doesn't justify belief in flying pigs and it doesn't justify belief in anything Mills claims after he has failed on 20+ years of promising that he will demonstrate an energy generating machine built on his principle "within 2 years." He is still doing that. The most recent variation is the machine that makes a very bright light when you put immense electric power into it-- all of it never independently and correctly measured and verified.

• The most recent variation is the machine that makes a very bright light when you put immense electric power into it-- all of it never independently and correctly measured and verified.

The SUN-CELL was the the first tabletop long running hydrogen fusion reactor most likely producing Deuterium and Helium. But as said this has nothing to do with Mills physics. You will only understand it when we have the complete picture for dense hydrogen aka. H*.

Mills verified single shot bombshell calorimetry did show COP's up to 12 but of course not usable for a self sustained energy production. Mills biggest problem might be his ego that will not allow him to commit that his theory cannot explain the well working SUN-CELL.

• May...be [Mills}... avoids to commit that he, finally does "ordinary" LENR...

The funny thing is that in early Mills papers he recognises LENR, but now LENR is the one forbidden topic on the yahoo group he runs...

The issue, of course, relates to patents. The patent office doesn't recognise LENR, but has at least partly recognised below ground state hydrogen.

In my view the Mills technologies and LENR are branches of the same thing. subtleatomics.com/energy-technology

• No significant proof in this round. But it is quite clear that the heat is on to prove the existence of hydinos.

The take away of all this is that the further funding is dependant on this proof and Mills cut's down the burn

rate to last 4 years on current funding. Hmm that means slower development and a year delay is a year less

worth of the patents. To me from an economical stand point a quick development is most logical and to do

that he needs to prove the hydrinos.

• Official Post

New video from BrLP:

https://brilliantlightpower.com/about/

"World’s First Closed SunCell: Batch, hydrogen-inventory-limited testing with predominantly noble gas with some hydrogen having a total pressure slightly over atmospheric. Engineering and low power testing successful. Ignition with higher H2 inventory resulted in a power surge. The World’s First Closed SunCell is no more. Subsequent slow motion (0.25 realtime) videos are of sequential runs of the World’s Second Closed SunCell that was tested with limited, reduced hydrogen inventories."

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.