the Innovation division of REPSOL (it remind me the Airbus Innovation, Shell Gamechanger, STNewVentures), a spanish oil company, have chosen amon other a LENR project fpr new technology :
The third edition of the INSPIRE program enters the final straight
The third edition of the INSPIRE program is already in the final stage. It is our open innovation program with which will bind connect our company with research more disruptive in the energy sector .
What we do in the INSPIRE program?
We open to innovation . With this initiative, Repsol trace a collaborative network that seeks to forge alliances with the best research groups in our country to advance the knowledge and efficiency of the energy sector How? Investing in the most promising ways but at the same time, more risky: those who have a high degree of uncertainty and, at the same time a great potential for industrial development .
What do you look INSPIRE?
Develop open innovation programs in which universities and researchers to work on a good idea aimed at solving theenergy challenges . We also try to encourage public-private partnerships and we provide the winning projects not only our experience but also our facilities and market insight for technology to develop.
This third call, which has started last month deen January 2016, has had the participation of 47 universities and technology centers in nine regions. There have been a total of 99 proposals, interesting ideas and projects that deal in one way or another, one of the three great challenges that have been launched in this edition: digitization of the energy sector to develop transformative ideas with us one step closer there; technologies that transform the exploration and production of gas and oil ; and new systems to improve the generation and storage of energy with very low emissions of CO 2 .
A panel of experts consisting of 37 researchers from the Repsol Technology Centre has evaluated each of these 99 proposals. After a thorough selection process, they have chosen nine initiatives that will to a final phase:
- Inspired Neuro Net Stations (NINS): application of mathematical methods used in the study of the brain to optimize the structure and behavior of service station networks, from the Polytechnic University of Valencia.
- Chaotic Flow Oil Recovery: using chaotic flow to cut preferential paths and reach inaccessible areas improved recovery from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia.
- DASIP: investment platform and dimensionally adaptive simulation from the University of the Basque Country.
- Hybrid Perovskite Photovoltaics: generation of H 2 sun using solar cells perovskite, by the University Jaume I.
- LENERPLAS (LENR): study of clean and efficient processes assisted by surface plasmons for power generation and H 2 , from the Polytechnic University of Madrid.
- SunRedflow: rechargeable redox flow by sunlight, by the Institute for Energy Research (IREC).
- SCENES-DS: manufacture of solar cells with semiconductor electrodes and structured to improve efficiency, the Carlos III University of Madrid nano.
- Nanoelectrofuel: batteries for electric vehicles based on electroactive nanofluids and a new generation of flow cells, by the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology CSIC.
- ZeroCO 2 : clean energy production by fuel cell consisting of methanol, CO capture system device 2 and harnessing sunlight, the Chemical Technology Centre in Catalonia (CTQC).
Stay tuned because soon we will have news about the winning ideas. Innovation in Repsol, does not rest .
Who is Repsel
Repsol S.A.[nb 1] (Spanish pronunciation: [repˈsol]) is an integrated global energy company based in Madrid, Spain. It carries out upstream and downstream activities throughout the entire world. It has more than 24,000 employees worldwide. It is vertically integrated and operates in all areas of the oil and gas industry, including exploration and production, refining, distribution and marketing, petrochemicals, power generation and trading.