Trick or Treat, Give The E-Cat Some Intergranular Hydrogen Filled Bubbles To Eat! (Happy Halloween!)

• I was just thinking that when the bubbles are compressed, adiabatic heating would occur. So the temperature in these bubbles could be much higher than the temperature of bulk nickel.

The lattice would eventually cool the gas in the cavities to the ambient of the microparticles temperature. This is how the condinsate is cooled as additional gas atoms are added one by one to the condinsate.

• Worth pointing out David that there are hundreds of scientific papers which accept that very high gas pressures inside lattice defects are 'normal'. It is counter-intuitive that this ultra-high pressure environment can be created when the ambient pressure is so low, but it also shows us that at the atomic/molecular scale materials do no always behave as we expect.

I previously took this for granted, but do you have some exemplary references for the section highlighted in bold in the quote above?

• Official Post

Here are a couple of facts to consider. Both relevant I think.

The coefficient of expansion of Nickel is not constant with temperature. It gives a little wiggle and Ni actually contracts when it reaches the Curie temperature. Only a little wriggle, but it is fairly unusual - Iron also does this, but not in so marked a manner as Nickel. It is discussed here.

http://nickel.atomistry.com/pi…rmal_expansion_nickel.jpg

This paper was spotted by Stakhanovite researcher Hank Mills btw. Since we are led to believe by other recent papers that metallized Hydrogen might be stable once created, is it possible that by cycling Ni exposed to Hydrogen at some (unknown but low) pressure through the Curie point the lattice might become packed with metallized H created by a combination of factors? Wildly specualtive, but (to me) an interesting possibility.

The other is to mention Axil's point that Lithium may catalyse the metallization process. (A little Li helps)

Thank you for your comments and interest in the topic btw.

• Official Post

This is a look at some of the gross physical changes that ab/adsorbed hydrogen can cause in thick steel plate. These very large and serious flaws start out as microscopic faults in things like oil pipelines and pressure vessels. If the old axiom 'as above, so below' is working for us, this may give you some appreciation of what is possible.

http://ac.els-cdn.com/S2211812814002132/1-s2.0-S2211812814002132-main.pdf?_tid=22ab64fc-a5b6-11e6-a0a5-00000aacb35e&acdnat=1478611416_eb268f9f55f54c7cd6ebb4985d3886eb

• Using such an advanced method of implanting hydrogen ions could very well work. However, despite Jed Rothwell and others might jump all over me for saying this, I'm convinced that the excess heat produced by multiple replicators of the Rossi Effect (using just Ni and LiAlH4) provide compelling evidence that such advanced methods are not required. I'm all for figuring out the simplest method of reliably generating these bubbles so we can have simple systems with very high reproducibility.

Of course when the bubbles (or other pockets of stored hydrogen without an easy route of diffusion out of the lattice) are initially created, their pressures may or may not be near the levels that are required to produce LENR Effects. I think the pressure is ramped up by a series of steps in the triggering routine. So after lets say a quantity of bubbles formed at 725C...

-- The input power is cut off so the lattice will contract and increase the hydrogen pressure.

-- At a low temperature of lets say around 300C, the input power is cut on at the maximum possibile intensity to heat the nickel rapidly and increase pressure in the hydrogen bubbles.

-- As the temperature is rapidly increasing towards the curie point (358C) there is a slow increase and then a RAPID contraction in the lattice that should increase the pressure further.

My thinking is that you may or may not require all these steps depending on a number of factors. But I think if you follow them all, the pressure would be ramped up to the highest potential.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.