Phonon Energy to replicate MFMP Glow Stick experiment

• One of the issues with the LENR reaction is to get LENR to happen reliably in the first place. The video above sure looks like transmutation is occurring. and lots of it.

axil: Before posting wild phantasy (fake) videos you should do what any scholar can do after 9 years of elementary school!

1 : Calculate the energy of 2 O16 --> S32 ! = 2.65 10-12 J

2 : How many reactions would it take for one calorie: simple guess some more than 1.5 * 1012 (1 cal = 4.184 J )

3 : What amount in massunits is this? Avogadro number: 6.022 10 e23! about 2.5 pico Mols... produce 1 cal.

Thus after some few milligram S32 is produced the cell should evaporate...or at least we should see some boiling...

• If most of the energy produced in a LENR reaction were directed at particle creation, heat might not be a major format for released energy. The video is a clear as a bell in itself. You just got to beleive your own eyes.

The experiment seems to be extremely simple in method and material. Replication should be a snap.

• If most of the energy produced in a LENR reaction were directed at particle creation, heat might not be a major format for released energy.

@ Axil: that's your chance! Do a repro and show that the energy is radiated away by muons with about 16.5 MeV. Only a thin foil (Cu) is needed to stop them and a cheap giger!

And in the case of success, we all will forgive you, for sure!

• Unfortunately, our GlowStick developed a pressure leak, so we had to stop the test after 11 hours of testing. No excess heat was observed as the fuel side remained cooler than the null side (as was observed during the calibration with no fuel). No radiation was detected either. I've attached a summary chart of the temperatures and pressure.

I changed from "deg F" in an earlier chart that I sent Alan, to "C". It shows the LiH started to out gas at 250C (sorry Alan for the earlier confusion).

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and help. We'll fix the leak and attempt to resume testing.

Cheers, Dave

• Thanks for the correction Dave. The test has already yielded some very useful insight into LiH chemistry, since the release of gaseous H should not have started at such a low temperature. I had expected that eliminating Al from the fuel mix would result in phase behavior close to what is described in the literature, but that is apparently not what happened here.

The sharp pressure spikes at the onset of each power increase are also interesting, perhaps suggesting a sensitivity of the instrumentation to EMF transients. I encountered a possibly similar effect during an initial GS5.1 calibration pass, where the internal core TC and the pressure sensor were at opposite ends of the reactor. I suspected that conduction through the reactor tube formed an inductive loop on the ground circuit between the two ends of the reactor. Disconnecting the pressure sensor killed the noise observed on the internal TC channel.

• The thickness number for the Geiger counter cover was a typo. It should have read 0.040 inch thick, not 0.40".

I've attached the calibration curve for the empty tubes. There are two curves, as there is a temperature divergence between the left and right sides of the GlowStick at high temperature.

As for the temperature ramp-up in the thermal cycling routine, it is controlled via a PID loop and rapidly ramps up and down between the peaks at 1 minute intervals. I wouldn't read too much into the shape of the tops/bottoms of the temperature lines. I was hoping to see a complete temperature reversal like MFMP's GlowStick where the fuel side went from being cooler to becoming hotter than the null side, indicating a possible LENR event.

• Official Post

Thanks for the correction Dave. The test has already yielded some very useful insight into LiH chemistry, since the release of gaseous H should not have started at such a low temperature. I had expected that eliminating Al from the fuel mix would result in phase behavior close to what is described in the literature, but that is apparently not what happened here.

If you guys would like some more of the same batch of LiH, just whistle. Well done, sorry to hear about the leak.

• @ Axil: that's your chance! Do a repro and show that the energy is radiated away by muons with about 16.5 MeV. Only a thin foil (Cu) is needed to stop them and a cheap giger!

And in the case of success, we all will forgive you, for sure!

The so called Erzion phenomenon was discovered in a series of electrolytic experiments marked by unexplained changes in a pool of cooling water outside of the catalytic cell. After 40 minutes of electrolytic cell operation, water on the tungsten anode side of the cooling vessel started loosing its transparency.

Strange that in the experiment showing the production of sulfur, the activity was at the anode. Could the Erzion actually be muons?

Water on the stainless steel cathode of the pool of cooling water remained transparent, at the same 40 C temperature. A sample of bubbly water, removed from the anode side, was tested for induced gamma radioactivity. No such radioactivity was found in it; the sample became transparent after 24 hours. Attempts to reproduce the long-term loss of cooling water transparency with other electrolytes, and under different electrical discharge conditions, were not successful. But the effect was highly reproducible when experimenting with the tungsten-anode electrolytic cell and the 7 M KF electrolyte containing 50% of heavy water.

That cooling water on the outside of the electrolytic cell's glass reactor shell at the right side (see Figure 1) is close to the anode while cooling water on the left side is close to the cathode. The disappearance of bubbles, after the electrolysis, was very slow (half-life of about 10 hrs). Attempts to explain the phenomenon in terms of cavitation, and other ultrasonic effects, were not successful. The only satisfactory explanation was possible within the framework of the erzion model. Authors believe that bubbles are produced through the action of neutral Erzions.

The Erzons phenomenon behavior is consistent with the magnetic based Exotic Neutral Particle(ENP). To begin with, the glass container is transparent to the magnetically based ENPs both optically and magnetically. The LENR reaction that keeps the ENPs viable produce the vapor that forms the water bubbles. The ENPs become energetically self sufficient in the water of the cooling pool where the ENPs remain viable for hours.

If the Erzons phenomenon is produced by magnetically based ENPs, an iron plate placed just on the outside of the glass wall adjacent to the anode would prevent the ENPs from exiting the glass electrolytic cell. With the ENPs blocked from travel, bubble production would be eliminated.

The test has already yielded some very useful insight into LiH chemistry, since the release of gaseous H should not have started at such a low temperature

I don't think that LiH would release the hydrogen bellow 200 °C spontaneously. Probably the traces of oxygen, oxides in nickel batch or humidity oxidized the lithium and released the hydrogen from molecule. This is just the problem of Li-H based experiment, that the reaction byproducts may adversely affect the further LENR at high temperatures.

• For the calibration run, we measure both the internal tube temperature (2 type K T/Cs) and the outside shell temperature (6 type K T/Cs) at various heater power settings. The numbers shown on the previous chart were internal tube temperatures that were calculated from the 6 external thermocouples. The chemicals, and AH50 Nickel powder, are mixed in an Argon interted cabinet and are then inserted into the fuel cartridges inside the inert environment.

We would indeed like to have some more LiH from Alan Smith for a re-run. Could you also supply a small amount of Alpha Aesar's LiAlH4 for a different future test? We were using Consolidated Chemical's LiAlH4 for our previous test, but Mr. SelfSustain has convinced me that we should use a higher quality LiAlH4 and also do an ultrasound pre-cleaning process of the Ni powder. We're presently discussing via Skype the hardware, cleaning solution and process. I remember seeing a suggested process on another LENR forum thread, but don't remember the exact location. I'd appreciate if anyone could please direct me to it.

With regards to the aluminum shield, we can also try a thicker metal cover over the Geiger counter detector. I'll see what material we have in the shop and also try that during the next test. I don't think there is a correlation, but I'll mention it ... we did experience a very high radiation reading during the test with the SI-8B detector. I double checked the indicent with our old Victoreen CDV-700 unit, which didn't pick up anything. After I grounded the SI-8B detector's case, the reading went back to normal background. The (false?) radiation reading could also be made to subside when the GlowStick heater was shut off. We use a very high frequency PWM control circuit to regulate the heater, so I think there was some errant EMI causing the erroneous reading when the detector was not grounded.

• Official Post

Hi Dave.

I will be very happy to send you more LiH from the same batch. I can also spare you just 0.5 gr of the Alfa Aesar LiAlH4. Sorry it is such a small amount, but I have to beg the AA material from a friendly University lab - AA UK are not interested in supplying non-corporate non-institutional clients.

All packed in Argon and triple-sealed, in the post 1st-class airmail Jan 3rd (first day my local post office re-opens after New Year. )

Attached is what MAY be the document you described- if not, no problem.

• Thanks Alan! I just ordered the ultrasonic cleaner and Hexane, which will take a few weeks to arrive, so no hurry on your shipment of the Li. Also, thanks for the Ni cleaning document. That was what I was remembering. I'll have our electronics guy look into the feasibility of creating a variable frequency modulator for the heater. Presently, he's living in a sailboat off the Florida keys for a couple of months (most of us at Phonon Energy are retired), so all these new suggestions will take awhile to implement.

I'll generate a new graph that includes the radiation readings and post it in a couple of days.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

• MFMP also detected a burst of evenly distributed Bremsstrahlung radiation from a low of 30 KeV the detection low limit on the detector up to a high of 1.4 MeV in one of their tests. I attribute this radiation to the establishment of a superconductive state as the Meissner effect expels electrons at high speed from the positive core of particles. This radiation marks the beginning of the LENR effect. This burst of radiation should last just a few seconds as superconductivity sets in. MFMP made a video about it.

MFMP calls this radiation "the signal"

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A discussion about it appears here

http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…video-on-latest-findings/

A. Rossi also have produced a burst of gamma rays reported by a witness to one of this 2011 demos.

• This is interesting because:

1- Holmlid has recently reported in http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S0218301316500853 that a "large voltage disturbance in all parts of the apparatus" occurs when triggering the reaction (with a laser beam in his case), caused by the shower of charged particles produced in the process.

This would not easily explain why the same was not reported with the other detector in your case however.

I wrote a post about detecting this condition here

Architectural design for LENR technology

• This was the stimulation method used in the Lugano test but now in the QuarkX reactor Rossi has changed his patent to specify the application of a DC based electrostaige potential between 50 KeV and 100 KeV. He states that he uses the external heater to only get the reator to operating temperatures, then once hot, Rossi applies this high voltage potential to stimulate the reaction.

If anyone is interested in this theory behind this change, see

High Temperature Superconductivity and LENR

• The H2 gas leak in our last test was caused by a failed inner Alumina tube. I've attached a few pictures showing the detection process on the 1st page. I couldn't find the leak with soapy water so I immersed the GlowStick into a water bath, which immediately showed the H2 leak to be internal and not a Swagelok fitting. The Alumina tube break is shown on the 2nd and 3rd pages. The stainless steel fuel cartridge is more corroded looking than when we used LiAlH4 and more difficult to remove from inside of the Alumina tube.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.