ISCMNS: 12th International Workshop on Anomalies in Hydrogen Loaded Metals 2017 - near Asti, Italy - 5-9 June 2017

• 0.524g over 1.087g Fe

That is a lot of matter to be converted from one element to another. Consider the reaction:

• p + 56Fe → ɣ + 57Co + 6027 keV

To see how much energy is released by converting 0.524 g of Fe (56Fe, let's say), we have:

• 0.524 g 56Fe = 0.009368 mol 56Fe = 5.6e21 atoms 56Fe
    • 5.6e21 atoms 56Fe * 6027 keV/atom = 5.4e9 joules = 1.5 MWh

Neglecting the questions of lethal radiation and overcoming the Coulomb barrier, that's the amount of energy obtained by running Rossi's 1MW plant for over an hour. Not as much as the curious case of the Coimbatore iron smelting facility, however, which had a presumed yield of about 2023 "Fat Man" nuclear bombs every 24 hours.

• Klimov poster, older work of Klimov: Vortex Plasmoids Created by High-Frequency Discharges (PDF)

Klimov of Russia showed excellent work with plasmoids. They obtained COPs of 2 to 10 with excesses greater than 3kW! On the electrodes they measured transmutations showing formation in particular of potassium, lithium and zinc. This experience shows a great progress of the Russians in this kind of work. Apparently a collaboration is going on with Germans to commercialize the process, although apparently it is difficult.

• Official Post

Neglecting the questions of lethal radiation and overcoming the Coulomb barrier, that's the amount of energy obtained by running Rossi's 1MW plant for over an hour. Not as much as the curious case of the Coimbatore iron smelting facility, however, which had a presumed yield of about 2023 "Fat Man" nuclear bombs every 24 hours.

His framework is picochemistry where atom/ion get into orbit into a bigger atom... This may explains the absence of huge radiation, or energy, as there is no fusion... Anyway it is big claim.

I agree that lack of penetrating radiation is key definition of LENR, and raping the coulomb barrier is just not the way it happen. there is more seduction than violence in the phenomenon.

• Klimov's mistake is that he does it under atmospheric conditions, but it is necessary to create underground, reservoir conditions, where there is temperature and pressure created by electric discharges. I showed it in Dagomys back in 2006 from Bazhutov. They are plagiarized!

• Official Post

new report by JP Biberian

http://blogde-jeanpaulbiberian…rence-asti-3eme-jour.html

This 3rd day was mostly about theories.

Only comment beyond theory is about McKubre who made a synthesis on LENR situation:

Quote from JP Biberian translated by Google

Michael McKubre retired from the SRI gave a detailed review of the cold fusion situation. For him, the most important fact was the discovery of tritium, which can only be explained by a nuclear reaction. Then comes the measurement of excess heat then the presence of helium-4. The theory is not going to save us, we need a better experimental understanding. In the past we used the concept of hot fusion that did not apply to our situation. We now need a clear demonstration to convince other scientists.

• It was announced last night that IH will not be hosting the upcoming ICCF after all. It seems the burden of fighting with that despicable crook has taken the wind out of their sails for now.

The conference is still expected to be in the US, host is yet to be announced.

• That is a lot of matter to be converted from one element to another. Consider the reaction:

p + 56Fe → ɣ + 57Co + 6027 keV

Eric Walker : In fact he didn't report 57Co. He got something like 57Fe but in the form of 56Fe+H* very close to the nucleus. He claims that 56Fe+H* are bound magnetically, what will work according to the newest calculations.

Of course this is only an assumption and may be Hagelstein & others will try to do further analysis. At Asti he presented a spectrum, which shows a 57Fe like response, with some, yet unexplained deviations, that are interesting. The next step will be to do a k-shell spectrum, because a close to the nucleus bound H* will induce/show up as a perturbation of the orbit.

• In fact he didn't report 57Co. He got something like 57Fe but in the form of 56Fe+H* very close to the nucleus. He claims that 56Fe+H* are bound magnetically, what will work according to the newest calculations.

Yes, you are no doubt correct. I was only hoping to get an order of magnitude estimate, on the assumption that something was nuclear (in contrast to this suggestion, for example). It wasn't intended as a critique of the author's suggestion (although it sounds very fanciful). Just a back-of-the-envelope calculation.

If your report of the author's view of the matter is accurate, I am almost comfortable dismissing it out of hand. :) From my reading, I am aware that magnetic forces at the nuclear and atomic levels tend to be orders of magnitude less than Coulombic forces.

• Official Post

4th day of conference is summarized by JP Biberian.

http://blogde-jeanpaulbiberian…rence-asti-4eme-jour.html

3rd and 4th day have been translated by M Swartz on CFT

http://world.std.com/~mica/cft.html

quick points:

• Jacques Ruer have shown that with industrial chemistry knowledge it is possible to stabilize LENR reaction, and even to exploit modest COP to obtain better COP. assumption is simply that reaction get stronger with temperature (NB: observed by F&P and many). Reaction if strong enough lead to melting, but with strong flow cooling one can make anyreacton stable. Low COP can be improved by using multiple reactors together...
    • P Hatts talk of his theory.
    • Bob Greenyer presented some experumental results, with transmutations.
    • Katinsky (LENRIA) presented colaboration with Melvin Miles in electrochemistry, to be easily reproduced bu University labs. Using PdB electrodes, manufactured few years ago and having produced excess heat in a reproducible way. Once experiment is ready, it will be sent for free to University labs who coul make experiments.
    • It was announced that next ICCF21 will be on East Coast of USA summer 2018
    • Congrats to Frabrice David for bronze medal of best poster. Preparata medal granted to Tom Claytor for his works in Los Alamos about tritium production
    • Congrats to Frabrice David for bronze medal of best poster. Preparata medal granted to Tom Claytor for his works in Los Alamos about tritium production

Ok!

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• Thank you ! To be frank, I did not have many academic awards during my "career", so this medal has even more value for me. It gives me energy to continue my work.

I would like to thank the organizing team, Bill Collis, Jenny D. Vinko and Matthieu Vallat for the perfect organization of this meeting.

• Yes, you are no doubt correct. I was only hoping to get an order of magnitude estimate, on the assumption that something was nuclear (in contrast to this suggestion, for example). It wasn't intended as a critique of the author's suggestion (although it sounds very fanciful). Just a back-of-the-envelope calculation.

If your report of the author's view of the matter is accurate, I am almost comfortable dismissing it out of hand. :) From my reading, I am aware that magnetic forces at the nuclear and atomic levels tend to be orders of magnitude less than Coulombic forces.

I have not yet been able to access the half century old works on "protonic orbitals" by P.L. Goodfriend. Perhaps there is something in that work that might shed some light on this work reported by Jacques Dufour.

Is it safe to dismiss "magnetic" in view of the possibility of such rapid motion of an electrostatic charge pair (net neutral but with nucleus in between) or net negative charge 1-, this is, perhaps as a triplet-- H minus itself in some quasi inner orbital?

Only by some experience and intuition I suspect the equivalent of a very tight proximity to the nucleus might surprise us with respect to its "magnetic" implications. Perhaps even more so in a ferromagnetic context. At the 1000 C reported, the sodium (hydride?) is at least substantially dissociated (Na+ and H minus, giving at least some Na with electrons from iron, and freeing H minus to occupy positively charged "holes" in the hot iron, perhaps incidentally above its normal unalloyed curie temperature of around 750 C.

• Official Post

This was an excellent conference, both in the quality of presentation and also the informal discussions. My own presentation went well enough to be headhunted for another conference. Which was nice, seems that I got away with it!

I'm still in Italy, but will be back in the UK soon and will post more often then.

But below, in no particular order we have Mike McKubre, Akito Takahashi, Russ Gries, Emilia, Contessa di Castiglione, Jean Paul Biberian, Bob Greenyer, George Egely.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.