Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• AA - You are an employed comedian! There is not a chance in Planet Rossi hell that I would engage in any kind of transaction with you or anybody else on anything that is WCS related . Go cash your AMEX Travelers Check in and buy some clues if you can find anyone that will sell them to you.

• A - You are an employed comedian! There is not a chance in Planet Rossi hell that I would engage in any kind of transaction with you

Actions speak louder than words. Alan Smith would be holding the checks, not me. It seems you are not quite so certain about Rossi as you make out.

• Well I have a spare check. Any others want to take the bet? Bob, Interested Observer, Oldman, THHNew? You all say you are certain Rossi has nothing.

• AA - the ongoing actions of the teardown artists from Planet Rossi are plainly available for all to see and judge.

I'll continue my work to find a way eliminate real pollution while you continue to generate your word pollution wherever you're allowed to post.

• Tony - What is the "Rossi personality thing" that you reference? The Swedes have a high glacial cliff hanging over their heads as a result of their inability or refusal to address questions about their reports / papers. The lack of scientific courtesy in failing to respond substantially impacts their ability to be taken seriously until they clean this up. They were challenged on their findings / publications and apparently have gone into active hiding with the exception of the sacrificial post doc they put up for cover. Their only way out is a breakthrough announcement which I guess they continue to hope for. Hanging their reputation, hopes and career on the likes of the WCS remains stunning to me after all we've learned in the past couple of years.

Ouch! No doubt a sore spot here ... Question remains, why do you even care about the hopes, careers and reputation of those swedes if you are as sure as you say about Rossi having nothing? Why would you keep bringing it up unless you see some kind of benefit in doing so? (Thats the question I'm asking myself anyway, since I do believe you have some business sense... could be wrong though) One probable answer in my opinion is that the story is far from over and that you and IH know this very well... and are still executing damage control best you can.

• AA - the ongoing actions of the teardown artists from Planet Rossi are plainly available for all to see and judge.

I'll continue my work to find a way eliminate real pollution while you continue to generate your word pollution wherever you're allowed to post.

You are right that what we have written is there for all to see. Have you promoted me from "unemployed comedian" to "teardown artist"?

I spend a lot of time on anti-war activities: wars probably cause the worst pollution these days.

Wise decision to back off the bet. You could have lost $500.

• Nice spam attempt Tony.

For the record, I think that it would be great if the Swedes came out with something useful and were able to redeem their reputations from association

with a 5 time confidence man.

We could end pollution at a faster rate. That would make me very happy!

• For the record, I think that it would be great if the Swedes came out with something useful and were able to redeem their reputations from association

with a 5 time confidence man.

Sure Dewey. Sure... But what you would certainly NOT like is if the Swedes and Rossi cooperate and bring both product and science to the market. That would be some huge proof of failure, and you and IH would forever be marking your spots in the history books as the biggest losers of the millenia or something... Is that what you fear? At least it would correlate a bit with your behavior...

• But what you would certainly NOT like is if the Swedes and Rossi cooperate and bring both product and science to the market.

How the hell do you know Dewey would not like this?!? He would be ecstatic, as would we all. It would have the immediate potential to save the world from global warming. Every day it would save ~$1 billion in fuel costs, and roughly 7,000 lives. Dewey understands this better than most people do.

Perhaps his joy would be mixed with a measure of anger at Rossi for deliberately withholding this technology from I.H. by fraudulent means. But that might not be a problem. With all the evidence in the trial depositions, once Rossi starts earning hundreds of billions of dollars, I expect I.H. could go after Rossi for lying to them and hiding the technology, and they could extract a few hundred million bucks.

In this scenario, I would certainly be angry at Rossi because he farted around and defrauded people year after year instead of proving the technology is real and selling it. I would be glad he finally started acting rationally, and I would not begrudge him the money he makes. But I would consider him an evil, stupid person for wasting all those years and all those opportunities.

Many smart inventors and scientists who made important contributions were jerks, or dishonest, or downright evil. Edison and Steve Jobs are good examples.

There have been many examples in history of important inventions and valuable technology that was retarded by stupid or greedy inventors or corporations. In the 1970s IBM was famous for inventing nifty computer technology which they either sat on or overpriced. When IBM's monopoly began to break down, the pace of progress sped up.

When AT&T's legal monopoly was broken up in the same era, the cost of telephone calls fell drastically, and the technology began to improve by leaps and bounds. The high cost was less because of technology being held back and more because of conventional business monopoly, but technology played a role.

• @ Bob,

After reading your links, truthfully I am not sure I understand your position. It seems you feel there is some government coverup? Or some theory that LENR is simply a "wag the dog" to gain research funds?

The debate on the Ecat is polarized around two scenarios: either Rossi has the good, or he is the only responsible for a scam. The first one is excluded by the physics, but the second one also seems quite incredible due to the complexity of this venture. So there should necessarily be other explanations, and the two reasons you mentioned could be included among the possible candidates.

I do not follow conspiracy theories as such.

No conspiracy. I'm not proposing any of such theories, but a better knowledge of what happened at the real beginning of this story, for example what Celani revealed about a possible early collaboration between Rossi and Ahern, could help in figuring out a more realistic scenario.

• No conspiracy. I'm not proposing any of such theories

Ascoli65, once you start from the premise that the DoD and related agencies may have launched a scheme that involves both Rossi and Jed Rothwell (and Melich and now, apparently, Ahern) and that uses LENR only as a cover in order to achieve other goals, you are unavoidably within the realm of (highly implausible) conspiracy theories.

• Official Post

Many smart inventors and scientists who made important contributions were jerks, or dishonest, or downright evil. Edison and Steve Jobs are good examples.

Jed,

Your post was right on, but this caught my eye. I have read your accounts of the great, yet difficult, inventors in history. Curious though, if any of them ever got caught staging such an obvious, and elaborate sting operation to sucker a partner, as Rossi did to IH at Doral?

I say elaborate, not because it was technically sophisticated, but because of the many acting roles he played, and the elaborate lies necessary for him to maintain each, and keep them in order. Goodness, Jones Day even had to separate his depositions into 3: Rossi as Rossi, Rossi as Leonardo, Rossi as JMP! After each, he clearly took off that roles hat, put on the next (hat), and answered as if he were another person.

Amazing performance. Maybe there were other such characters that went on the become hero's due their great discovery, but if so, I am betting there were not many like our Rossi.

• @ JedRothwell,

In that case, it is impossible to establish the facts of the matter. So why bother about it? Whether Ahern did or did not work with Rossi is a trivial matter.

The vice president of ISCMNS wrote in some of his presentations from 2011 to 2017 that Rossi and Ahern did collaborate for a while at the beginning of the Ecat story. This is a fact.

We don't know to what extent these rumors are true, anyway Celani is a member on L-F and has the possibility to confirm, modify, or withdraw them.

In any case, IF these rumors are true, they are not at all trivial, just like any other information related to the first contacts of Rossi with the LENR world, … or vice versa

• Установка Гелани в Корее на ICCF 17

Celani's ustanovka in Korea on ICCF 17

• Well I have a spare check. Any others want to take the bet? Bob, Interested Observer, Oldman, THHNew? You all say you are certain Rossi has nothing.

Sorry Adrian, I prefer to stick to facts and data, rather than wishful betting!

“Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ”

W.C. Fields

I would ask though, that you now update us on a previous stance you took. It should tell us quite a bit about your ability to judge a situation or demonstration.

Adrian Ashfield:

"I will stick my neck out and forecast there is a better than 50% chance Rossi will come up with a believable demonstration in October. "

https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/thread/5127-blp-update/?postID=71231#post71231

(Note that I provided your exact quote and a link to it. No "Bob's Disease" here!)

So, do you think you won that parlay? Was the "Stockholm" event a believable demo?

From 50% now down to 10%. Are you starting to doubt??(

• How the hell do you know Dewey would not like this?!? He would be ecstatic,

One might also ask, how do you know that? Nobody knows what Dewey thinks or would think, only what he writes. I am a retired engineer with published papers and patents to my name, as well as a lifetime of quite relevant experience. He called me an unemployed comedian and a teardown artist. He insulted the whole country of Sweden and of course insults Rossi in every other sentence. Methinks thou dost protest too much.

As an aside, as far as I now IBM invented very little of their PC. The disk operating system was borrowed and the actual operating system was from Bill Gates. At the time, I bought the Amiga 1000 that was far superior. It had true multi-tasking and full color (unlike the B&W PC), as well as being considerably cheaper. Do you know differently?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.